MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Yeah Single Sign On (the 'Ping' login screen) went down. Very frustrating as this is a service we are using for multiple applications now both stores facing and HQ facing. No word on what caused it, but I'm sure they are going to be making some big improvements after an outage like this (it's not something owned by MyDevice so I'm not deep in the loop).
Glad it's all back up and running though!

Ours were down all morning .. came back up around noon. Luckily they had an extra PDA to spare so I could get price changes done. This is super annoying ... this is at least the third or fourth time the my devices have done this for a long period of time.

Today I learned: If you tap the header just below the clock, it turns on the scanner.
8a34b61f8c.png
So,,, if the scanner is on,,,, then you tap that area again,,, does that shut it off?? Could this be the cause of some of the Mydevices not scanning?

Hmmm instead of relying on a digital advisor (other than the experts on this forum) how does one go about learning as much as possible about the ins and outs of the Mydevices? I want to learn how the darn thing works first,,, then I'll train myself on the processes that I'm supposed to be using it for...

Ours were down all morning .. came back up around noon. Luckily they had an extra PDA to spare so I could get price changes done. This is super annoying ... this is at least the third or fourth time the my devices have done this for a long period of time.

sure would be great if they hadn't bricked the old pda's for situations like this.

Hmmm instead of relying on a digital advisor (other than the experts on this forum) how does one go about learning as much as possible about the ins and outs of the Mydevices? I want to learn how the darn thing works first,,, then I'll train myself on the processes that I'm supposed to be using it for...
The myWork starter guide & newly converted PDA to myDevice apps process pages. It's all searchable on WB. I studied it everyday to learn what I know now.

Our MyDevices (and PDAs too, I assume) went down around midnight or so this morning. Our overnight team started two hours early last night so the unload would be finished and the backroom team could get as much backstock done as possible before the system updates started.

Bcode works, but no date or price, all choices just print the bcode alone

It requires the 18.3 release which you store probably doesn't have yet (the MyDevices and PDA release cycles aren't in sync) You have the newest version of MyWork so you are seeing the options, but all the backend changes aren't there yet to make it work.

Last edited:
I just print a shelf label and stick it on the box. With the FDC we only have about 10 boxes that need a bcode.

I just print a shelf label and stick it on the box. With the FDC we only have about 10 boxes that need a bcode.
Everything I get on c&s needs a bcode. Will have to check on version after break. We just updated this morning...

I hated my c&s days. So glad we get everything from the FDC.
I have a cheat book to scan them without opening. Without interruption I can bcode and backstock produce/meat in a little over an hour. One to two pallets produce, single later banana pallet, half pallet or less meat and half pallet or less bakery.

I have a cheat book to scan them without opening. Without interruption I can bcode and backstock produce/meat in a little over an hour. One to two pallets produce, single later banana pallet, half pallet or less meat and half pallet or less bakery.
Our ETL just told us no back stocking bakery. We have to push it all to the floor flex it out everywhere. He is tired of seeing half empty tables. Well guess what we will just have more to donate or TPC things lol.

Our ETL just told us no back stocking bakery. We have to push it all to the floor flex it out everywhere. He is tired of seeing half empty tables. Well guess what we will just have more to donate or TPC things lol.
Since we started researching ourselves we've had way less empty spots except seasonal as it changes. I don't put out more to flex either. If eight is capacity I split it. Looks the same to my tls.

Ill give you an idea, instead of pushing out a ton of (non)discontinued bakery, only to throw it out and give yourself even MORE outs, see if your Bread Vendor's with their crazy hotdog/hamburger bun deals, would like some extra space...

Might take some sales away from your bakery (unless it actually brings more attention), but limits loss, and simplifies in-stocks. And less work for you...

This after your D-code bakery is tossed, or sold.

That's a good idea @BigEyedPhish!
I've got all the decode spring stuff out and on sale. The patriotic stuff all came in today so I flexed it onto the produce table where the boxed clementines were. At least those have a minimum of 3 week shelf life, plus I put them on sale because I've been told to be aggresive with value perception.

Anyone else having major issues with FDC's labels not scanning? Some days they do, some days not.

Back