MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Anyone having problems with accurate OH count on the screen that pops up when it tells you the item Is going clearance. We've had it say 12OH and then when we scan it and look at the details page there is only 5. @Triscuit @Red Buffalo @FlipTo4

Honestly, those counts haven't been very accurate since I started at target about a month ago.

Btw, is there a magic trick to pull up an item's location code or alternate locations with the mydevice from the list of today's items?

The MyGo / iPad password (juniper) is on Workbench as well. I don't know that it's in an obvious place, but I do remember looking it up early last year.

Has anyone else had issues with the scanners dying before the devices battery actually dies? Like the past three days I've had to swap devices halfway through the day because the scanner dies but the device still shows its at about 50% battery.

I had one the other day tho that was really off the wall, showing that the battery was still charging for a couple hours while I was using it until randomly it switched to no longer charging and the scanner stopped working.

Oh and we still have yet to get any updates at all on ours. If we end up needing to send some out to get updated, I don't forsee it happening anytime soon. The mydevices rank very very low on our STL's priority list.

Yep we have the scanner pack die before the iPod all the time. Just have to find a cradle that will actually charge it and wait.

And your STL is shooting himself in the foot, your store can't function without them.

Like the past three days I've had to swap devices halfway through the day because the scanner dies

Yep we have the scanner pack die before the iPod all the time.

If this happens you can use the device's camera as a scanner. Just hit the "title bar" (I know in research mode it says Research) twice. That will activate the camera. It takes a couple seconds for each scan but it's useful if you're in a pinch.

If this happens you can use the device's camera as a scanner. Just hit the "title bar" (I know in research mode it says Research) twice. That will activate the camera. It takes a couple seconds for each scan but it's useful if you're in a pinch.

That is a BS solution if you are shooting In Stocks, pricing these things are already to slow and to use the camera is working at a crawl.

How about corporate making sure stores have enough of devices cause they failed to figure that they have to be out of service to charge.

I had my current task vanish while doing Instocks a dozen times yesterday. I've experienced this bug for a while but never as much as yesterday.

Yep we have the scanner pack die before the iPod all the time. Just have to find a cradle that will actually charge it and wait.

And your STL is shooting himself in the foot, your store can't function without them.

Thanks so much for your replies guys. I didn't know you could use the camera in a pinch, I tested it today at work and the only downside is that it usually causes me to disconnect my printer when I tap anything in that title bar. :confused:

And yes, our STL has made a habit of shooting himself in the foot and expecting TMs to deal with the consequences. Just take a look at the post I put in the backroom thread with a pic of our backroom state. He's just not very good at his job.

We've had this problem. The OH displayed within the pchg program after you scan an item is VASTLY different than what is listed on the details page. After some investigation, it seems the details page is correct. So the price change app is producing some crazy stuff on its own. Right after our inventory too, so errors are more pronounced.

We've also recently been having the old problem of items scanned and activated not activating from the "on the floor" division location. Instead, it's being activated under "in the back" FIRST. Thank goodness for the green check marks (@UIguy) otherwise we wouldn't know for sure what we've actually ticketed or not.

@AnotherGuy

@FlipTo4
The on hands on the item details page and the on hands that appears in price change suggested item panel at the bottom of the screen are fetched from the same source and cannot be different. I had replied earlier that the screen where we enter ticket qty. has an issue where it retains the previous items count when we scan too fast. Fix will be available in Jan.

We had added the green check mark as some TMs were unable to figure out the location that they had activated. The app will display all locations where price change has to be completed for an item.
It selects one of them by default - the nearest in alphabetical order to the last activated location.
You can change your location as required by swiping on screen after scan or picking an item from the task list before scan.

REDwire update was cancelled, but I go to look on the myDevice report and every iPod's PriceMatch app is non-compliant, but I was never prompted for or showed that the PriceMatch app needed an update. @AnotherGuy @mobileFellow any idea why?

Yep we've got you covered. We've never crossed platforms w apps before. The version on iPod vs iPad are competing to say who's right-est... Either way, report fix coming (very soon).

Any time I've ever tried to do this when the scanner crapped out on me, it crashed MyWork. I accidentally activated the camera once, but aside from that, I've never had any luck with it.

Any time I've ever tried to do this when the scanner crapped out on me, it crashed MyWork. I accidentally activated the camera once, but aside from that, I've never had any luck with it.
Earlier versions crashed it, so far now I think it's good, though I don't prefer it.

You hit the person icon in the top left corner and hit the batch name to view it. At the bottom, there should be a button to delete it. If the batch has already been closed, it's too late; you have to pull it to clear it from the PDA.

Thank you! It worked beautifully. I gotta ask... There's no backlash for doing this like ding the backroom score or mess something up or get the backroom peeps mad at me? I'm going to push it anyway. I just wanted to continue working while someone pull it for me

Thank you! It worked beautifully. I gotta ask... There's no backlash for doing this like ding the backroom score or mess something up or get the backroom peeps mad at me? I'm going to push it anyway. I just wanted to continue working while someone pull it for me

As far as I know, it wouldn't affect the scores, but it's better to drop the fill batch so the items aren't added to the CAFs. The CAFs are timed, but an EXF/item fill isn't. Just let the backroom team know that you're dropping the fill so they can pull it whenever they're free.

As far as I know, it wouldn't affect the scores, but it's better to drop the fill batch so the items aren't added to the CAFs. The CAFs are timed, but an EXF/item fill isn't. Just let the backroom team know that you're dropping the fill so they can pull it whenever they're free.

I see. Thank you!

Yep we've got you covered. We've never crossed platforms w apps before. The version on iPod vs iPad are competing to say who's right-est... Either way, report fix coming (very soon).

Adding on to the previous. The report was updated ...but the new version that will roll to myDevices won't ship until the front side of next week. Conflicts should go away (and be actionable then) ...pardon the timing.

Back