MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

As for the sled and iPod batteries, there's a firmware release that will let us mess with how/when the sled charges the battery. If 'they' let us get it into your hands, it'll allow the sled to charge the iPod until it can't (dead sled). That coupled with a control to pop the screen brightness back down to 50% ...should buy us a lot more room on how long these things go.

I am kind of surprised Target is actually going to upgrade them, instead of realizing that they suck and going to a new system.

Edit: do you have a timeline on this upgrade?
Still cheaper to upgrade instead of starting a new app on a new OS from scratch.

Still cheaper to upgrade instead of starting a new app on a new OS from scratch.
Correct. It's the same OS, so all the have to do is load the software into the new iPods. Also, they have the same exact form factor so they can use the same red cases.

I am kind of surprised Target is actually going to upgrade them, instead of realizing that they suck and going to a new system.

Edit: do you have a timeline on this upgrade?

Certainly those two paths are mutually exclusive ... our goal is to arm folks with the best offering we can muster (said hesitantly, hopefully thats moving the right direction). So, as we buy, we getting the most horsepower we can. At the same time, we're looking for ways to make things ...better-er.

Correct. It's the same OS, so all the have to do is load the software into the new iPods. Also, they have the same exact form factor so they can use the same red cases.

We would just like to actually be able to get our hands on some more of them. These things do not work in overnight stores. Not enough to have a rotation to actually have devices charging fully. So I need two to three by 8am if I come in at 6am. Cause all of them will be at 20% battery. They were not designed for process teams and how hard we use them.

We would just like to actually be able to get our hands on some more of them. These things do not work in overnight stores. Not enough to have a rotation to actually have devices charging fully. So I need two to three by 8am if I come in at 6am. Cause all of them will be at 20% battery. They were not designed for process teams and how hard we use them.
Yeah, I wish there were enough for everyone and enough to swap if the battery dies.

As far as the charging goes, we figured out in our store that if you set it to airplane mode while it's charging, it'll charge a bit faster. I usually will get lucky though and around lunch time when my mydevice is damn near dead there's a couple PDAs finding their way into the equipment room that I can swap to.

As far as the charging goes, we figured out in our store that if you set it to airplane mode while it's charging, it'll charge a bit faster. I usually will get lucky though and around lunch time when my mydevice is damn near dead there's a couple PDAs finding their way into the equipment room that I can swap to.

I don't get the swap to a PDA option. I am just sick of wasting hours a day looking for the stupid things add to the idiots who leave them anywhere and everywhere dog toys bin is a winner every truck day. No wonder we never have any to spare or to charge.

If the sled battery is fully charged and the iPod is completely dead, will it charge on the dock or does the full sled battery stop the charge? I keep finding MyDevices like this, but there is something loose in the sled so maybe a connector is broken. We need to buy a T6 or whatever driver but it is to open the back case.

It would have been too easy to make all 6 screws the same size.

If the sled battery is fully charged and the iPod is completely dead, will it charge on the dock or does the full sled battery stop the charge? I keep finding MyDevices like this, but there is something loose in the sled so maybe a connector is broken. We need to buy a T6 or whatever driver but it is to open the back case.

It would have been too easy to make all 6 screws the same size.
My aptl was given one when they put those screws in....maybe ask yours if they got one?

We have one MyDevice that doesn't have MyWork app on it yet someone uses it now and then bec it's gone from the equip cabinet. Is there a way to install the app? I've tried the app store and the general settings. Still can't find it.

My aptl was given one when they put those screws in....maybe ask yours if they got one?
6 of the 8 screws are the same size. Those 6 are the only ones you need to get into the whole device. I have noticed a trend where the ones that rattle are the ones that have scanning issues. I took out the piece that rattles (little metal cover, looks like 1cm x 1cm). I'm going to try to use that myDevice all day tomorrow to see if it scans all day.

EDIT: numbers

Last edited:
Back