MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

June! That sounds awesome! Hope everything keeps running smoothly. I'm not sure how much more I can take of sending iPods out for the Apple logo of death issue.

I've really only had this issue once. Every other time, I just take the ipod out of the sled and plug it into a lightning cable and it boots up just fine, are you all trying this?

Oh how you love to tease me.... March is my birthday...just putting that out there

Any chance they will increase the equipment count for stores so we actually have closer to enough equipment? The Droid have to be cheaper than apple.... *praying*
At my LV store, we are allocated 11 PDAs and 19 myDevices, which is more than enough for us to operate. Are you sure your store isn't just missing a bunch of equipment?

With the new devices, is it possible we will get the addons for the Zebra RFID scanners to clip it to the top of them?
My arm gets tired just doing the RFID scan during the 30 minutes I cover a break. I couldn't imagine adding more weight. :oops:

The Next Gen device timeline is very tentative as we're being careful to not release something that has showstopper defects on it. Only 4 stores have them right now. The full rollout is planned to be done in June, as long as things move along smoothly.
To clarify, the plan is for the rollout to begin in June of 2017, or to have it completed chainwide by June 2017? Also, is the plan to roll it out by regions, groups, or districts? Finally, how many weeks are planned from start to finish?
Just trying to properly calibrate my hopes and expectations.:)

At my LV store, we are allocated 11 PDAs and 19 myDevices, which is more than enough for us to operate. Are you sure your store isn't just missing a bunch of equipment?

If you have an overnight process you only get dead ones since they have been used all night now the dayside needs them and has NONE. So you really need double so you can always have some out of service to charge.

If you have an overnight process you only get dead ones since they have been used all night now the dayside needs them and has NONE. So you really need double so you can always have some out of service to charge.

I assumed high volume stores with an overnight process were allocated more equipment.

I assumed high volume stores with an overnight process were allocated more equipment.
I am in a high volume store and we do not have a lot of equipment. What is annoying is when you come in at 6 am for Price Accuracy and cannot get any equipment that has a charge on them. The ETL's and TL's have some in their offices so I just go there and grab one till they come in and need it.
Cannot do my job without one and hate just waiting around for one.

I am in a high volume store and we do not have a lot of equipment. What is annoying is when you come in at 6 am for Price Accuracy and cannot get any equipment that has a charge on them. The ETL's and TL's have some in their offices so I just go there and grab one till they come in and need it.
Cannot do my job without one and hate just waiting around for one.

Not having a lot of equipment is probably a much different number than what your store is actually allocated, I'm wondering what that number is.

We were allocated 35 of them but 10 are always either out for repair or waiting to go out for repair. So dead equipment causes teams hoard it like pricing who uses both PDA's and MyDevices one to scan with one to look at pictures of the items with. :rolleyes: I come it at 6am and the one I get doesn't last a half hour so you find another while the first one charges and you swap every hour or so. So I need two everyday so that denies someone else even one. :mad:

Add the issue that now batteries are now hitting end of life so the batteries are cycled so much they are burnt out. And don't hold a charge.

Not having a lot of equipment is probably a much different number than what your store is actually allocated, I'm wondering what that number is.
Yeah like Bosch said, it's mostly about broken equipment. I think my store is allocated 22. We lost 2 and apparently aren't allowed to get those replaced. Another 5-6 out for repair right now, then another 8 or so that either never scan or rarely scan. So only a few that actually work. Those few are reserved for a couple team members who desperately need them (like price change) and the rest of us have to deal with it. With 22 working devices, I could usually take one in the afternoon just in case I needed it and it wouldn't be a problem because we had plenty. Nowadays, I only take one if I absolutely have to have it and then I usually give it away right when I'm done because someone else will need it.

The software is great, but the hardware is pathetic.

I rearly get a mydrvice I'm perishable assistant and need one to toss. No myddvice I just toss anyway who cares about actually taking it out of the system. As long as the expired moldy food is off the shelf and in the compactor That's all that really matters.

Bring back Qmos on the PDA.

We are down to about 10 mydevices, of those about 8 are reliable, the others will not stay connected. If I work a full 8 hours with a mydevice and need to charge, I spiderwrap the entire thing to the charger while on my break and let it charge. I wish I could see the looks on people's face when they enter the equipment room and see that. :3

We are B volume, but trending to possibly jump org chart up. 22 mydevices. 6 for team leads, two for consumables, one for fitting room, one for electronics, two for plano, two for pricing, one for instocks, seven for salesfloor/backroom/flow. Or of that seven I need one for signing, softlines, hardlines, one with the flow wave, two to backstock, two for salesplanner people. If we aren't running bare bones we have not enough. If they all work.

I rearly get a mydrvice I'm perishable assistant and need one to toss. No myddvice I just toss anyway who cares about actually taking it out of the system. As long as the expired moldy food is off the shelf and in the compactor That's all that really matters.

Bring back Qmos on the PDA.

Holy crap. ^5. I do that on the reg. Don't want your inventory numbers jacked up? Get me stuff to do my job. Otherwise, I'll keep throwing everything out. Speeds my day up immensely, anyway.

The test stores have all 3 of those devices, but when we roll out, the next gen devices go in and the iPods come out.

Are these units being tested?

From a thread about pda's:
MyDevices are slated for End of Life soon. There are 3 different Android powered devices being piloted at stores as we speak right now vying for being the top pick. The selections are the Motorola TC70 (rugged version), Motorola TC55 (non-boot molding), and the Honeywell Dolphin 75e. Obviously with the two Motorola devices (upgraded version of the MC40 that was passed over years ago for the MyDevices) have removal batteries, and the Honeywell one does as well. CETerm/RFAPP's was integrated on the Android platform long ago with the MC40 and was in a working condition, it's just porting over myWork full functionality onto the new environment.
Looking forward to 2017.
@Sarakiel

The TC70 can evidently be used for normal stuff but also a phone for store calls and a walkie. IFFFFFF, the new equipment has all of that woo-hoo! :D That would mean the end of the Batman Utility Belt (device, knife, walkie, personal phone)!!:D:D
The lpda had the phone option. Target didn't turn it on. There was a qwerty version that home depot had that also integrated the walkie. Everything in one device. Loved those.

I've really only had this issue once. Every other time, I just take the ipod out of the sled and plug it into a lightning cable and it boots up just fine, are you all trying this?
Yes, but in a few days it does it again. I don't have the time to that every time.

I ran into an interesting glitch today. I went to print a few signs that I had prepped on my mydevice. All my signs were dated for the previous week and expired. Upon further investigation, I realized that the date and time of the ipod was off by several days so the device thought it was Friday 1/20.

I ran into an interesting glitch today. I went to print a few signs that I had prepped on my mydevice. All my signs were dated for the previous week and expired. Upon further investigation, I realized that the date and time of the ipod was off by several days so the device thought it was Friday 1/20.
Even it knows it's not up to speed

With the new devices, is it possible we will get the addons for the Zebra RFID scanners to clip it to the top of them?

Yes, eventually that's the plan. For a while they will still need to be done on iOS though.

Oh how you love to tease me.... March is my birthday...just putting that out there

Any chance they will increase the equipment count for stores so we actually have closer to enough equipment? The Droid have to be cheaper than apple.... *praying*

Hahaha happy early birthday. Yes it's very likely that equipment prototypes will increase.

To clarify, the plan is for the rollout to begin in June of 2017, or to have it completed chainwide by June 2017? Also, is the plan to roll it out by regions, groups, or districts? Finally, how many weeks are planned from start to finish?
Just trying to properly calibrate my hopes and expectations.:)

Goal is to have all next gen devices in all stores by July (this just updated). Nothing's set in stone though.I'm not sure how the rollout will happen or how long it will take, but I do know leaders want them out quickly!

Goal is to have all next gen devices in all stores by July (this just updated). Nothing's set in stone though.I'm not sure how the rollout will happen or how long it will take, but I do know leaders want them out quickly!
I think many of us would be happy to wait as long as it takes to get them in a functioning and useful state. As opposed to the iPods, which really felt like a lot of issues were overlooked in favor of a quick rollout.

I think many of us would be happy to wait as long as it takes to get them in a functioning and useful state. As opposed to the iPods, which really felt like a lot of issues were overlooked in favor of a quick rollout.
Nope. Gimme, gimme. I'll iron out those issues and find ones you've never thought of. I'm good at software/ hardware beta testing

Yeah I'll take them as soon as they have some basic functions on them, although they might have to let us keep the myDevices for a little bit if the myDevices are the only things that can perform a certain function. But I'll gladly take new devices that only perform 70% of what we need in favor of the myDevices that only work 50% of the time anyway. Just leave us the 50% of working myDevices until they crap out and hope that they last until the new equipment is fully functional.

Something i saw on redwire yesterday: Target is getting rid if uneccessary workstations and putting savings into the next gen mydevices with hopes to get more per store. We're losing 4 computers. Our 2 hiring kiosks, an extra AP workstation (which really sucks), and our dedicated TM eHR machine.

Back