MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

That bodes well for cross integration. Especially if zebra doesn't have the heavier duty body device for backroom like we are used to now.

How does the zebra perform in coolers/ freezers?
Nothing changed with the Motorola devices. They are just called Zebras now. You can order a Zebra MC9200 today and it will be the same as the Motorola MC9200s.

Didn't CAF timers already disappear a few weeks ago?
They did.

I didn't know the CAF timers were already gone. So, all they need do to go all myDevices and no PDAs is port over all of the apps and get the myDevices working in the cooler and freezer.

We got them in and only TLs and up are able to check them out until we get equipment control locked down on them. They're nice. I was able to get through all of the order in about 25 mins because they don't slow down like the mydevices.

Since RFID became a thing I've wondered, why we don't put RFID tags on mydevices, to track them down when they're "misplaced"?
It doesn't work, unfortunately. The range is about 2 feet aimed directly at the myDevice at best. Range was almost non-existent in less than optimal conditions - near other things, on metal shelves, RFID tag under the myDevice, etc. I tried.
It also took me a long while to generate proper UPCs to scan for the encoding process for a sequential group of salvage clothing DPCIs.

Since RFID became a thing I've wondered, why we don't put RFID tags on mydevices, to track them down when they're "misplaced"?
I use the locate function to find specific items for flexible fulfillment, and it's hard enough to find things when I know the general areas they're supposed to be in. I can't imagine having to wave that thing all over the damn store to look for one thing that could be anywhere.

Are any other stores requiring team members to temporarily relinquish their State DL or ID in exchange for use of a zebra device?

Are any other stores requiring team members to temporarily relinquish their State DL or ID in exchange for use of a zebra device?

Lol does your store want to get sued? Put a camera and see who isn't signing out equipment problem solved

Someone's DL was already misplaced or stolen. Just wanted confirmation that it's not a new company policy and just purely our store.

Someone's DL was already misplaced or stolen. Just wanted confirmation that it's not a new company policy and just purely our store.
Probably, misplace. Sounds like that your store doesn't have my devices in a locked cabinet. I would give them my car keys, instead.

why can't i get a my device that scans and is charged ..

damn and stop stealing my my device when i put it on the charger with a note "Hold for Qmosqueen"

I had 2 my device taken from the charing devices even with my note on them today ... WTF !!!

Last edited:
Back