MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Who decides which ones are kept for the RFID scan? Do stores get to say we want to keep these two because they are the best of our lot, or does HQ just pick two at random from all the ones a store has?

Stores choose. You would be wise to send back the one with the apple logo of death or the one where the scanner goes from 100% to red after two scans.

Our STL was so excited to say over the walkie we're getting ours in the next two weeks. And of course I said to myself, this isn't going to make my job easier, because having only one person on instocks is still going to be as much of a pain, even if the devices work better. But then again, I'm just being selfish.

Who decides which ones are kept for the RFID scan? Do stores get to say we want to keep these two because they are the best of our lot, or does HQ just pick two at random from all the ones a store has?
Based on what happened with them at my store, I'm pretty sure they just leave the ones that were most recently logged in. The ones that haven't been used recently are automatically deactivated.

We had two iPods without the sleds that were used for RFID, but one of them was deactivated and a regular myDevice that I had used recently was spared. If someone had singled out which ones to keep, they would have chosen both of the sledless iPods.

I went on vacation and was not part of that. My only suggestion to my TL was keep if they let him choose was a couple of the newer ones. The Bluetooth stack seems to be better and the battery life seems to be better. Other than that I have no idea.

Based on what happened with them at my store, I'm pretty sure they just leave the ones that were most recently logged in. The ones that haven't been used recently are automatically deactivated.

We had two iPods without the sleds that were used for RFID, but one of them was deactivated and a regular myDevice that I had used recently was spared. If someone had singled out which ones to keep, they would have chosen both of the sledless iPods.
You have sledless ones and they are still around?

If they cared... the etl who captained this might not have. But yes we choose and send the serial numbers to keep.

What is that?
its an internal app. In settings there is a internal camera app. If that app isnt active then the camera wont work. (unless you sideload a camera apk)

Rather than explain this here, I will let Zebra do it. TC51 Touch Computer Support & Downloads | Zebra

To be clear, anyone with about 2 grand to drop can buy a TC-51. Amazon.com: Zebra TC51 - PDAs, Handhelds & Accessories / Office Electronics: Office Products
As I expected they simply use a custom apk for the scanning etc.

To be clear here: I am not advocating this following statement. Just explaining how things work.
If you did buy a TC-51, all you need is the password of the secure wifi and the apk. I know this won't be allowed but there you go.

Also, and I don't think anyone would actually care about this:

Zebra TC51/56 Trigger handle Incl rugged boot kit, KT-TC51-TRG1-01 (Incl rugged boot kit) $250

Holsters/rugged boots $90

So if you are wondering why CA would be applied if you lose them or damage them. This is the reason why.

Has anyone at all received holsters for these things? The way that the ETLs have been walking around with them over their wrists is making me kind of nervous.

I'm on vacation and my receiver messaged me we got some in. Great communication after I spent $200 on LPDA ones. I guess we will have backups because we know TMs will lose them.

its an internal app. In settings there is a internal camera app. If that app isnt active then the camera wont work. (unless you sideload a camera apk)

Rather than explain this here, I will let Zebra do it. TC51 Touch Computer Support & Downloads | Zebra

To be clear, anyone with about 2 grand to drop can buy a TC-51. Amazon.com: Zebra TC51 - PDAs, Handhelds & Accessories / Office Electronics: Office Products
As I expected they simply use a custom apk for the scanning etc.

To be clear here: I am not advocating this following statement. Just explaining how things work.
If you did buy a TC-51, all you need is the password of the secure wifi and the apk. I know this won't be allowed but there you go.

Also, and I don't think anyone would actually care about this:

Zebra TC51/56 Trigger handle Incl rugged boot kit, KT-TC51-TRG1-01 (Incl rugged boot kit) $250

Holsters/rugged boots $90

So if you are wondering why CA would be applied if you lose them or damage them. This is the reason why.
Yeah ours don't have that. Literally everything is restricted.

To anyone who uses mydevices: I honestly couldn't care less if you charge "yours" at guest service but you better believe if you unplug one of our registry ones yours will "accidentally" get removed from its charger and probably used by guest service for merch locate and price accuracy.

Believe it or not we need the registry ones, and we that's why we have the Chargers there. Not so you can reserve hide yours from everyone else.

I just discovered that Zebra does indeed make holsters for the TC51s: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/z...s/mobile-computers/tc51-softholster-ug-en.pdf

Target just didn't feel like giving us any of them.

I wonder if it's orderable on sap?
We got a whole bunch of holsters the week following the zebra delivery and they're unlike the ones listed on the zebra site or Amazon. There's two types; one with a cut out for zebras with a trigger mod and one with a mesh pocket. They're pretty much the same thing as the last few version of the iOS holsters so they're not the best made things in the world but they're effective.

Also, has anyone had trouble TPCing with the zebras this week? I didn't have any issues on Monday but while working produce today, I got a red ! and had to use a PC like a barbarian.

I just discovered that Zebra does indeed make holsters for the TC51s: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/z...s/mobile-computers/tc51-softholster-ug-en.pdf

Target just didn't feel like giving us any of them.

I wonder if it's orderable on sap?
No. But Amazon has them at $87 a piece.

21GwTf30WIL.jpg

Back