MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I could see how that could happen, depending on how they manage releases. If they planned for full functionality to be ready this release but something went wrong and failed testing at the last minute they'll push what they can (say, the design changes to put the button there) but can't push the back end until it's fixed.

Oh, if they've got beta testing stores or something, then yeah. Don't expect anything to work, and if something does work do everything you can to do something you shouldn't be able to do and see if you break it. The best thing you can do if you're a beta tester is try to break stuff.

Is the sign & label function working? How does it tell you what printer you are connected to since the space where the blue bar appears is significantly smaller than 1.0?

There has to be a way to reverse engineer QR codes, right?

Yes, QR codes offer no encryption and there is no way to pass it through any sort of hash.

I would strongly recommend against logging in using a QR code. If Target has any semblance of an information security team, them discovering team members doing this could cause an uproar. You might as well write your username and password on your forehead. Knowing Target, you might even get terminated for doing something like this.

I'm interning for a... computer company of sorts (being vague to protect my identity) and if they find your password or any business sensitive information stored somewhere insecure, ie on a sticky note on your desk, they have a serious sit down meeting with you.

gatekeeper is a crappy program that only occasionally does single sign on correctly

Gatekeeper is actually fantastic when it's implemented correctly. The problem is that Target likely outsources their work to sub par programmers.
Gatekeeper  |  Android Open Source Project - https://source.android.com/security/authentication/gatekeeper

Supposedly Feb 5th Item Search is to be removed from the PDAs. This is to help accelerate the myDevice swap over in June when the PDAs are fully deactivated.

Also I'm aware that that was yesterday. Just reporting what I read
I'm pretty sure I still had item search today. That's disappointing that it's going away, because it's still the only reliable way to see if an item has negative on-hands (useful info for flexible fulfillment).

how are our guests going to do their registries if registry scanners aren't being replaced? some looked straight up offended when I suggested they could use their own phones when all of our registry scanners were in use...

MisPick...

Too many times I just say F- it because I will not go get a PDA to do it.
I don't even know what mispick does because it sure as hell doesn't update the on-hands for either item. I've been following a couple of items that our DC consistently mispicks, and I usually have to correct the OHs with research when they still haven't changed a week later.

I don't even know what mispick does because it sure as hell doesn't update the on-hands for either item. I've been following a couple of items that our DC consistently mispicks, and I usually have to correct the OHs with research when they still haven't changed a week later.
I did the same thing, mispick doesn't adjust anything in the store. Apparently it's there for a DC metric.

Is there any point to updating the quantity of an item if you're not in research or whatever

Updating the quantity (Salesfloor Quantity or SFQ), while not in research, is used by the "Sales Accumulator" (I know this was replaced with a new system, but I cannot remember the name of the newer system). Items are dropped into CAFs, Manual CAFs, and Autofills after the item reaches the trigger for that department. Different departments have different trigger levels, such as Pets which is 35%, I believe, of capacity (or it was when the Sales Accumulator was around). When an item sells below 35% of the capacity it should then trigger the system to drop a pull, for that item, into the next Batch.

In theory, having an accurate SFQ should help keep the item replenished on the salesfloor, but triggers seem to have been messed up shortly have the new system rolled out. At my store relying solely on CAFs/Autofills does not keep the salesfloor full enough and will leave several items empty on the floor with locations in the backroom. Manual CAFs will pull a LOT more than CAFs/Autofills, and POG Fills appear to pull the most.

TL,DR: SFQ is used by the system to decide what to pull in CAFs/Autofills.

When will all stores get my checkout zebras? My store doesn’t have them yet, but we were also one of the last to get zebras.

We got 4 units December. You may have them & they are not setup yet. There was a big setup in October on them. Check workbench for more info.

Yes, QR codes offer no encryption and there is no way to pass it through any sort of hash.

I would strongly recommend against logging in using a QR code. If Target has any semblance of an information security team, them discovering team members doing this could cause an uproar. You might as well write your username and password on your forehead. Knowing Target, you might even get terminated for doing something like this.

Yep, anyone with a QR code app on their phone would be able to read your login info in seconds.

Years ago when I was working at Wally World I discovered that the barcode on the back of our name badges, which we swiped at the time clock was your SSN in barcode form. All I had to do was scan it with the Symbol/Telxon device and bam, there was my SSN in plaintext. Granted that was back in the flip phone days way before the first iPhone launched and the only smartphone of note was the Blackberry (no camera) but still a bit spooky. I lost so many name badges while I was there...have to wonder how my identity wasn't stolen several times

Yep, anyone with a QR code app on their phone would be able to read your login info in seconds.

Years ago when I was working at Wally World I discovered that the barcode on the back of our name badges, which we swiped at the time clock was your SSN in barcode form. All I had to do was scan it with the Symbol/Telxon device and bam, there was my SSN in plaintext. Granted that was back in the flip phone days way before the first iPhone launched and the only smartphone of note was the Blackberry (no camera) but still a bit spooky. I lost so many name badges while I was there...have to wonder how my identity wasn't stolen several times
Wow it’s one thing if it’s your employee number but SSN is insane. Surprised they did that since retail companies are so scared of getting sued

Back