MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Ideally, we need to be able to copy the DPCI from the Target App and paste it into the search bar of MyWork 2.0. Unless there is a super secret way of doing so that is different than a regular Android device we can't currently do it. This would allow us to use the better search functionality and product picture quality of the app to figure out what guests are looking for and then MyWork to get the exact floor/backroom location of the product without having to quickly memorize the numbers while busy or use a second device.
@mobilelady or better yet let us switch size and color in mywork like target app and have some way to VIEW (larger than thumbnail) PHOTOS IN MYWORK!!!!

I used to be able to just move the dpci on the target app to the top of the screen, and just go into multitasking to see it on the app behind myWork, but since myWork 2.0 it keeps clearing when you unfocus the app, so i have to type like the department and class, then click enter, and then go back and click edit button to type the item number cause I cant remember so many numbers lol.
I do the same, too.

@mobilelady @tmap98 tm

One little fix please..

Once you log into one app, please have the device be able to log you in to others opened. Its tedious to have to log into: mywork, epick, mpm, alerts.... one log in should be enough.

Also, as we all take a 30 min lunch. The auto-logout timer should be 8:30, not 8 for this reason. Having to login again, one by one, into multiple apps... just for 30 minutes.. ineffective.

While I'm it... from within epick, be able to tap the item to get product info, or take to info page on mywork. Knowing last date received makes INF easier. If something came in months ago and hasn't sold for 60+ days, I'm not putting in much effort into looking for it. Now we need to toggle to mywork.

Thanks

Last edited:
@mobilelady

Please disable the Zebra from auto-rotating the screen. The most useless, annoying feature ever! I waste time trying to get it oriented correctly every 3-5 times I take it out of my pocket.

Its needed for some features within MPM. Like looking at individual picking times for those people picking, as well as other metrics. It takes seconds to disable it.

I'm not sure I understand. If you logon to the apps you'll use right after you login for the first time, you won't have to login again

If I log into app #1, then open app #2,3.. I should not have to log into those as well. Log into one, open any other without logging in to those.

I have the same as tmap. Sign into mywork, then open mpm, alerts, epic, packnship, move, and they are already signed in. I also stay signed in all day. The only app I have found that I need to sign in separately for is mygo.

Many people at my store have the same problem. Its not isolated to me. Every day I have to login to mywork, then login to alerts,...

You have a certain window of time, it's somewhere between 10 and 20 minutes it seems, to open all of the apps you need to use after you sign in the first time. If you open them within that window you only have to sign in to the first app, but if you try to open an app after that window of time you will have to sign in again.

Just sign in to the first app and quickly open all of the others you anticipate using that day.

I've been to multiple stores and that works everywhere, so if it doesn't work at your store it's a problem there and not with the devices.

I've encountered an odd issue with the Gatekeeper app that's been present since the release of My work 2.0:
Sometimes part way through the day, the Gatekeeper will suddenly display the "Signed Out" screen over whatever app I'm using, but not the login screen as if I hit the end of my shift. If I toggle back into various apps, it recognizes that I'm still logged in, but until that point this kicks me out of alerts. I'll see if I can pin down a more precise cause.

MyAlerts keeps track of when TMs punched in and knows when they should be taking a lunch or clocking out. Why is such a thing limited to MyAlerts though, and why just LOD alerts? If Target is serious about hitting compliance and preventing overtime, why aren't all logged in TMs sent an alert when they're approaching either?

Or, if that's outside the scope of those apps, why not introduce a new type of alert that's specifically for Team Members to use? I usually select LOD alerts, but then I'm constantly be pinged for recall notices and FF alerts. Allow me to select one that's specifically for compliance and clocking out, and only for myself.
From a leader's view, I don't want this. When the alert drops for a meal, you're already fifteen mins from compliance and that's far longer than is safe to have TMs waiting to go. More to the point, it's an accountability thing. The TM is accountable for watching their own time and going when they need to, the alert is there in case something happens that prevents the TM from leaving for their meal. I already see leads pushing their compliance based on the second alert for meal, and I would rather not have the team at large developing a reliance on the alert system in the same way.

@mobilelady @tmap98

something posted on reddit that once I saw I realized seems to be true...

mywork 2.0 no longer shows the last selling price of a missed salvage item, like 1.0 did. This function is super helpful to GSTMs-- many times guests will come to us from cashiers who didn't know what to do when they saw the "how much is this" prompt. We usually just let them have it for last selling price, but now we have no way to check it, since 2.0 just says "0.00" for all salvage.

@mobilelady @tmap98

something posted on reddit that once I saw I realized seems to be true...

mywork 2.0 no longer shows the last selling price of a missed salvage item, like 1.0 did. This function is super helpful to GSTMs-- many times guests will come to us from cashiers who didn't know what to do when they saw the "how much is this" prompt. We usually just let them have it for last selling price, but now we have no way to check it, since 2.0 just says "0.00" for all salvage.

use the price change app

Back