MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I always thought the covers should be available in different colors, and each area in the store assigned a certain number of myDevices all the same color. I think it would help with equipment management.
We assign ours by department instead of numbers, it actually works well.

If you're sending back myCheckout, you should NOT remove cases or separate the verifone.
If you're sending back a myDevice you should remove the case because you're correct on that front. They are orderable on sap if you require more
I called CSC yesterday and that’s exactly what they told me, send it all in.

CSC also showed me how to get to the new zebra repair portal as the link on workbench is broken/old

MyDevices being segregated is the worst. We always had like 30 devices never used because they were for pricing, pog, etc. Once we stopped separating them everyone who needed a myDevice suddenly always had one. :)

We had our Zebras segregated by department for about two weeks with a sign out sheet after the new ones came in last Q4, but it didn't last long. The first and older set we got after the iPods went away are all trashed now with cracked screens and/or fucked up buttons that you have to bear down on like the trigger of an actual gun, which REALLY blows when you're trying to pull, backstock, audit or whatever else that involves repeated scanning. Until the sign out sheet disappeared I was having to sneak into the STL's office with an old device and do a little switcheroo for a new one so I could do my job without somebody hunting me down to take it back. Apparently nobody else at my store knows that you can tell the crappy ones from the good ones (which are now mixed together) by looking for the cellular signal bar next to the battery meter - the new ones have an LTE chipset and the old ones don't. Heh heh heh.

I agree, some screen burn ins here are really bad, especially on the devices still around from day one
When I was at my old store I used to press the sleep button on all the ones that were not in use so they wouldn’t do that. It was futile sometimes.

I always thought the covers should be available in different colors, and each area in the store assigned a certain number of myDevices all the same color. I think it would help with equipment management.
CVS uses the same devices and they have red bumpers. I’m trying so hard to source one, but they are a custom part for CVS so they can’t be ordered from zebra/symbol. No availability anywhere online. There is a cool blue integrated clip and blue battery available for the healthcare version of the device though, and both are cheap.

The laser would fire, so you would see the red dot on the barcode, but it would not scan/read the barcode and register in what ever app you were using.

what does the red dot no scanner mean? sorry I'm not familiar
The scanners on the devices have a red dot that shows what you're scanning, and then the actual red box where it's trying to read the barcode. It used to be that you'd see just the red dot but no scanner box when you pressed down the scanner button when you had been using one of the apps that locks use of the scanner. It stopped doing this at some point (didn't it change from DataWedge to Acorn Scanner or something to improve reliability?), but the apps that lock the scanner (MPM, Audit, MyHelp, etc) all still do it. I believe Audit has always done it, and MPM and myHelp seem to have done it ever since they got the ability to scan items (MPM when it got the myStats functionality and myHelp when the chatbots were added that let you scan stuff in).

The funny thing about the global issue with the ❗ error in MyWork is that I can scan the same thing in Audit and it shows the location info like normal

....even though the metadata comes from the same place?!?!

Back