MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Anyone know a fix for the zebras not wanting to print labels? Sometimes it will print one batch and then that's it-error message. Rebooting sometimes helps but that is time consuming not to mention annoying.

Anyone know a fix for the zebras not wanting to print labels? Sometimes it will print one batch and then that's it-error message. Rebooting sometimes helps but that is time consuming not to mention annoying.
Does it work if you reboot the printer?

Our Lexmark printers have been having a ton of issues where they'll print one batch, then say "Printer offline or not on network" and you have to reboot the printer for it to start working again. They hesitate a lot before they print, too, which is unusual (they "warm up" and almost print 2-3 times before the labels finally spit out).

I just got a new Lexmark and had the worst time trying to get it connected to the network. It took 2 technicians and 3 calls to CSC before I found an angel who didn’t want to chitchat. He just took over my computer and loaded everything he needed to and suddenly I can print AND email! Problems were originally with hostnames but I know he reloaded the drivers at some point. He could’ve sacrificed baby animals for all I cared, I’m happy to have a functioning printer and all the Leaders have backed off whining about it.

That was either me or a co-worker of mine haha.

CompuCom/Lexmark have been getting weird lately with printer setups.
We have the chromeboxes and can’t access half our printers now. Also a pain in the ass they constantly set the default printer back to desktop pdf. ALSO if I my support or call CSC can they add a Lexmark printers to the list on the mydevice? My old store had Sign & Label and “workbench” (TSC) but my new store only has Sign & Label

You can call CSC or I can look.
If the myDevices aren't seeing them, something is configured incorrectly.
You’re saying all our printers should be connected to the mydevice? We only have Sign & Label come up when I print labels. As for the chromeboxes our SDs printer doesn’t come up but honestly I could just call CSC for that but I haven’t gotten around to it. The mydevice one is my more personal pet peeve/issue.

Certain printers are locked down to certain functions.
All 4 can be used for Backroom Labels,

Workbench and S&L are the only 2 for POG / Item Label Batches

TMSC Multi Function Printer (Big One) TxxxxPRT1201
Chargeback / Receiving PRT1151
Workbench PRT1202
Sign & Label PRT1101

Is your SD's printer in their office?
If this is the case, this printer will not come up, and will be removed at some point I believe.
Ahh this is good to know. Small format so SD is cash office/SD/AP so I assume that’s why she has one. We don’t have any of the big ones but our hr/workbench/tmsc printer is a mx517de I believe. We’re slated for the printer upgrade/replacement in the next couple weeks so I guess we will see what they bring (supposedly larger printer with more drawers)

That was either me or a co-worker of mine haha.

CompuCom/Lexmark have been getting weird lately with printer setups.
Thank you!!

I know CSC gets a lot of crap for not always being helpful (we’ve all had those calls). But when you guys come through and sprinkle fairy dust and everything is fixed it’s honestly so awesome. I appreciate you!

@taytay Ok, I know this is not your department, but can you please tell the TMs on MyDay to rethink their recent changes. They've taken the alert list away, which very importantly had the time each alert hit listed. This was key for keeping track of OPUs. Now, everything is a task. (LOL, who has time to click each one and "complete" each OPU order during BTS?) There are no times for tasks listed This is incredibly annoying. I need to know how much time I have and I need to know that right now.

If done correctly, I think it could be powerful.
I agree I don’t have it but from all the screenshots on the myday page it looks like a fantastic tool for both the TMs and for us leadership to hold the TMs accountable since it’s prettu clearly spelled out

The little alarm bell in MyDay now works as a link....to tasks. So, still no timers to know when an alert hit. Makes it almost impossible to gauge OPU timing.

On the plus side, I walked into 500 tasks to do this morning. I didn't go into the system to say I had completed a single one. No one has time for that shit.

Back