Archived Target Sins/Confessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you do if a TL was cheating on his girlfriend, a TL at another store that he got promoted, with you but you didn't know and then when you found out, you stopped speaking to him but it got messy because in the process he encouraged you to get promoted. And now he cheats on his gf with a guest that's married and she mocks you by always being extra and coming to your lane :( I just don't know how to say anything or do the right thing

This is a soap opera. Emotional blackmail especially since it's laced w/ "getting people promoted" (?). I'm not even sure "who is who" in this mess. I have ZERO TOLERANCE for cheaters. Get our from under his "spell".... he cheats and manipulates; don't buy into it. And the married Guest? Obviously a cheater..... steer clear and don't feed into her "mocking". Cheaters, manipulators, and bullies. Find new people to associate with. Move on.
Get on a different emotional level and leave these people at the bottom where they belong.

Not sure about anyone else..... but, I feel so much better now. o_O

This is a soap opera. Emotional blackmail especially since it's laced w/ "getting people promoted" (?). I'm not even sure "who is who" in this mess. I have ZERO TOLERANCE for cheaters. Get our from under his "spell".... he cheats and manipulates; don't buy into it. And the married Guest? Obviously a cheater..... steer clear and don't feed into her "mocking". Cheaters, manipulators, and bullies. Find new people to associate with. Move on.
Get on a different emotional level and leave these people at the bottom where they belong.

Not sure about anyone else..... but, I feel so much better now. o_O

All they can do is help that guest save 5% today and everyday with REDcard ;)

I took an extra 15 min break last week. I figure if the GSA sent someone to my lane to cover my 15 then she forgot I had already gone on one. I should have checked with her to see if she actually needed me somewhere else but I didn’t. I enjoyed the extra rest. :)

I purposely haul ass to the timeclock once I'm done packing for SFS so that I don't have to stick around to help UPS load if they arrive early.

I would like help. :(
The LODs have us stay and help if we're still there but then they make us cut the hours later in the week and we get yelled at for going over. It's a pretty impressive conflict of logic, I must say.

Yeah, that sucks. Our ship person is usually out by the time UPS comes. Our UPS guy is nice though, and helps with the heavy stuff.

I wish I could do something to end it though. @sprinklesontop

Stop talking to him?

EXACTLY !!!!! Stop talking to him about anything personal !!! Keep it professional. period. Don't take this the wrong way..... but YOU are the only person in charge of YOU. He doesn't have any special power over you. You say you "wish you could do something".... what are you waiting for??? Just move on. It really is that simple.

* Someone should create a new thread for personal woes.... maybe there is one already(?) We sort of sabotaged the Sins and Confessions one. :oops:

If I'm walking through the store to get/check something, I'll pretend to be looking at something important on my grid or Zebra so I don't have to greet every guest I pass. When I'm up front I'm greeting all over but if I'm on the floor, I got somewhere to be.

edit: Better (or worse) one, I've thrown a GSTL under the bus. They're not great at their job (not terrible overall, just not great at certain aspects) and sometimes it drives me nuts. I don't tattle, I... imply. And then shrug and say there must have been a miscommunication when an ETL calls them out about it and they come to me trying to sniff out the rat.

Last edited:
Had a big pile of clothes and other items- total was a little over $300 plus a line 3 deep behind at the register. A 2 pack of Hanes girls bras with no tag. I took about 2 minutes trying to find a match on the app, gave up and put it in the bag along with everything else and didn't charge for the bras. I know its bad, but some days that's just the way it goes. I know it was probably $9.99 or $12.99 but didn't want to hold everyone up or do a no bar code.

Had a big pile of clothes and other items- total was a little over $300 plus a line 3 deep behind at the register. A 2 pack of Hanes girls bras with no tag. I took about 2 minutes trying to find a match on the app, gave up and put it in the bag along with everything else and didn't charge for the bras. I know its bad, but some days that's just the way it goes. I know it was probably $9.99 or $12.99 but didn't want to hold everyone up or do a no bar code.

at that point it's okay to just find the DPCI for a similar product, it doesn't have to be exact if you're spending time looking for it

I don't have much for Target sins, most of the worst stuff I did was prior to it. Here's a couple:
Back when we used to manually order dry grocery/dairy/frozen, we had an ETL who would purposefully order far too much product with no regards to how much we would actually sell and whether or not we already had it in the backroom. Every day that we did the order, I would go behind him that evening and cancel out most of it.

I climb on the steel and backroom shelving regularly.

In the past, I've used jedi mind tricks to convince blatantly obvious no-receipt-ers to not return an item. I never outright refused the return and I never lied to them. Sure they probably just went to the next store over and did it there, but at least they wasted gas or a bus ticket :)

I've done this, too! "Well, I wouldn't want to lose (insert dollar amount here) if it were me. Are you sure you don't want to try to find that receipt?"

we had an ETL who would purposefully order far too much product with no regards to how much we would actually sell and whether or not we already had it in the backroom.

Do you know why? That just seems bizarre.

I don't have much for Target sins, most of the worst stuff I did was prior to it. Here's a couple:
Back when we used to manually order dry grocery/dairy/frozen, we had an ETL who would purposefully order far too much product with no regards to how much we would actually sell and whether or not we already had it in the backroom. Every day that we did the order, I would go behind him that evening and cancel out most of it.

I climb on the steel and backroom shelving regularly.

Manually order Dry Grocery?

What?

I never call out my 15's or 45. My break doesn't officially start til i sit dwn. If I'm stocking and there's a damaged item I still stock it with the rest. When they recognize cashiers over the walkie for every damn red card i purposely lower my walkie cuz its annoying. Plus no tm in my store cares about red cards only gstl's and the etl's. Sometimes i purposely grab a dead walkie so i dont have to answer calls. Never wear my name badge. Just keep it in my pocket in case badge monitor comes flying thru on her broomstick on the hunt for badge violators. Sometimes if my workload is super heavy with just me to do it then any guest asking me to scan an item for them to check in the back will hear me scan it but hear me tell them no sold out and purposely tell them that it won't be in stock til...(whatever the date of my next day off is). I never give my real name on a 2280 call nor really ever look up the item. I just tell them what they want to hear...(since target is all about making guests happy)...which is a yea we have it. If they want it held i just simply say sure it will be at guest service and never actually take up an item.

I never call out my 15's or 45. My break doesn't officially start til i sit dwn. If I'm stocking and there's a damaged item I still stock it with the rest. When they recognize cashiers over the walkie for every damn red card i purposely lower my walkie cuz its annoying. Plus no tm in my store cares about red cards only gstl's and the etl's. Sometimes i purposely grab a dead walkie so i dont have to answer calls. Never wear my name badge. Just keep it in my pocket in case badge monitor comes flying thru on her broomstick on the hunt for badge violators. Sometimes if my workload is super heavy with just me to do it then any guest asking me to scan an item for them to check in the back will hear me scan it but hear me tell them no sold out and purposely tell them that it won't be in stock til...(whatever the date of my next day off is). I never give my real name on a 2280 call nor really ever look up the item. I just tell them what they want to hear...(since target is all about making guests happy)...which is a yea we have it. If they want it held i just simply say sure it will be at guest service and never actually take up an item.
No judgment, but I've got to wonder if you've ever been on the other end of a "you guys said you had one on the phone!! I drove all the way out here!!!" rant. I've had a couple memorable ones. :rolleyes: Might want to err on the side of "sorry, but we're all sold out" instead.

Do you know why? That just seems bizarre.
Because he wanted to make sure we never came close to running out of anything. Random canned vegetable is completely full on the shelf and have 4 cases in the back? Better order 2 more.

I never give my real name on a 2280 call nor really ever look up the item. I just tell them what they want to hear...(since target is all about making guests happy)...which is a yea we have it. If they want it held i just simply say sure it will be at guest service and never actually take up an item.
Was with you until you got to this, I have been yelled at and berated so many times because of shit like this. People driving out of their way to get here thinking we have something for them and there’s nothing and I have to be on the receiving end of their anger. It’s actually easier to just tell them we don’t have it even if we do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back