Archived Target Sins/Confessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was with you until you got to this, I have been yelled at and berated so many times because of shit like this. People driving out of their way to get here thinking we have something for them and there’s nothing and I have to be on the receiving end of their anger. It’s actually easier to just tell them we don’t have it even if we do
THIS.

It just bugs me how TMs don't realize that Guest Service has to literally take the blame for EVERY mistake (purposeful or not), and gets yelled at on the daily hourly. Order cancelled because you didn't pick it up despite like 3 emails about it? Our fault. Can't return a decade old item? Our fault. Fraudulent coupon denied? Our fault. Literally everything is our fault. And yes-- that's part of working GS and I accept that, but I beg of you don't give us more stuff to apologize for/get yelled at for.

This was mean but had to be done.. I have a co-irker who thinks that should not have to pick SFS batches cause he doesn't like being out on the floor. He complains that he doesn't get enough hours in SFS and I pack to much during the day cause he frequently has to pick a batch or two before he can start packing stuff up. I should have most everything picked by the time he gets in.. Ok challenge accepted.. :cool:

So the other day I packed exactly one cart(normal is 2-3) in a six hour shift.. If you think I pack to much ok, I will just pick and pack just enough to get the pallet and cart set up for UPS.. I went ham and stacked the picked carts up, I wasn't counting on that last hour drop of orders we got, but oh well.. He had to pick a couple batches on top of all the stuff I left.. I told the LOD that he will probably need some help but I was told he said he would be fine. Ok, I warned you..

He wasn't fine cause he missed UPS pick up for a lot of orders, fucked up a ship alone so bad it was in the closing e-mail to tell me to fix it. LOD was pissed he didn't ask for help earlier than when UPS showed up and he still had a bunch of carts to pack. He pissed off the truck team, and the receiver by leaving crap everywhere.

Judging by his Facebook posts he doesn't know what happened. He had never seen so much stuff waiting to be packed up. :rolleyes:

It just bugs me how TMs don't realize that Guest Service has to literally take the blame for EVERY mistake (purposeful or not), and gets yelled at on the daily hourly. Order cancelled because you didn't pick it up despite like 3 emails about it? Our fault. Can't return a decade old item? Our fault. Fraudulent coupon denied? Our fault. Literally everything is our fault. And yes-- that's part of working GS and I accept that, but I beg of you don't give us more stuff to apologize for/get yelled at for.

we should get hazard pay tbh

I've been away from the thread too long.

I’ve nearly skipped my breaks unless I want to take it but my TL has started noticing and asking if I took a break yet.

I also take my 15s only if I feel I really need a break. There are times though that my ETL will walk up to me and ask if I took my break, and when I say no I'm immediately sent on break, so I think she's noticing.

Take him home and adopt him as your own? If the parents don't pay the ransom that is

You're overlooking free labor. Put the tyke to work organizing like boxes on shelves in hardlines or folding shirts in softlines.

I never give my real name on a 2280 call nor really ever look up the item. I just tell them what they want to hear...(since target is all about making guests happy)...which is a yea we have it. If they want it held i just simply say sure it will be at guest service and never actually take up an item.

I hate you. When I'm giving guests information on the phone, I rely on my fellow team members to give me accurate information in turn. Because when that item never appears, GS is going to be calling for me on the radio to find out what went wrong.

No judgment, but I've got to wonder if you've ever been on the other end of a "you guys said you had one on the phone!! I drove all the way out here!!!" rant. I've had a couple memorable ones. :rolleyes: Might want to err on the side of "sorry, but we're all sold out" instead.

Was with you until you got to this, I have been yelled at and berated so many times because of shit like this. People driving out of their way to get here thinking we have something for them and there’s nothing and I have to be on the receiving end of their anger. It’s actually easier to just tell them we don’t have it even if we do

THIS.

Yes, yes, and yes. There have been times when I've had to go up to GS that I hear some guest getting absolutely shitty towards whatever poor soul is working GS over stupid stuff. I couldn't handle the job, I really couldn't.

Now for my confession of my sins. I ignore obviously abandoned carts. That cart with several shirts in it is still sitting there two hours later.....I'm sure it belongs to the lady at the far end of RTW and she'll come get it eventually.

Def falls under the "Be careful what you wish for".
Sounds like he got it in spades.

Yes, he keep saying that he is the SFSTL while the BR TL is out on medical leave. We don't have a SFSTL. And with how he says he should only have to pack boxes and picking isn't his job. I am now gunning for him, I want his failures to show and shine so they can't be ignored anymore. Nope not going to work with him anymore or help him. There is a reason I get the big cut of the SFS hours cause I get more shit done than he does. But he is talking like I don't do shit. And I plan on fixing that.

I purposely haul ass to the timeclock once I'm done packing for SFS so that I don't have to stick around to help UPS load if they arrive early.
Aww. I always stay to help my ups guy. He’s our regular and he’s awesome. If he ever happens to run late and I have to clock out, I’ll make sure everything is at the door and I leave the lock open so he can just pull around and do it himself. No one else likes handing off to him

Aww. I always stay to help my ups guy. He’s our regular and he’s awesome. If he ever happens to run late and I have to clock out, I’ll make sure everything is at the door and I leave the lock open so he can just pull around and do it himself. No one else likes handing off to him
Oh yeah, we always leave everything at the door. If we aren't around the LOD helps them. They never end up having to load their truck themselves.

Oh yeah, we always leave everything at the door. If we aren't around the LOD helps them. They never end up having to load their truck themselves.
Not everyone on my ship team will bring it all over to the door or can apparently change the garbage bag out when it’s full

Not everyone on my ship team will bring it all over to the door or can apparently change the garbage bag out when it’s full

Or refill boxes, fill the printer, fill the tape machine, reload the airspeed machine.. Dumping the trash isn't a biggie. I share a trash can with the receiver so one of us always empties it.

Definitely need to confess today's sins.

Signs that you don't give a flying fuck about work for the day and probably should have called out.
  • When putting back plain white baby onsies, getting them with the right brand but otherwise just putting them wherever, rather than by size and style.
  • Ditto with the baby bottles.
  • When picking clearance and graphic tees off the floor yet again, putting them on the nearest hanger, not matching the size listed on the hanger with the item.
  • Feeling absolutely nothing about the absolute disaster guests can do to the floor, not even a trace of annoyance, totally not caring.
  • Feeling absolutely nothing about the the things guests do that causes an item to be salvaged/defected out.
  • Zero small talk with the guests while on backup. Not even a "hello". Asked about the red card, my next words were "Here's your receipt."
  • Not caring, total apathy, when a guest called wanting the manager over something that was absolutely stupid ridiculous.
  • Not really caring that a lot of things were hung wrong, and fixing only those that were very badly bungled.
  • Saying "hi" to guests, but nothing more willingly, even when a couple remembered me from a couple weeks ago and tried to draw me into small talk. Upselling? What's that?
  • When asked about slippers (twice), after explaining it's seasonal, telling the guests flat out to call corporate and complain about the seasonal part.
Probably more, but it's not worth it to really think about the workday.

Or refill boxes, fill the printer, fill the tape machine, reload the airspeed machine.. Dumping the trash isn't a biggie. I share a trash can with the receiver so one of us always empties it.
God I’m glad I can share your pain. My biggest peeve is the garbage out of all of it. We don’t share with anyone. My team will push the garbage down and keep filling it til it rips or overflows. It makes me so maddddd

For SFS, I do tomorrow workload instead of reloading supplies for SFS. I’d rather having no boxes ready for packing instead of us worrying about if we’re going to pick on time.

my coworkers and I started a fight club in the backroom behind Starbucks/food ave. can’t wait to get fired

(Broke the first rule, whoops)

Just spent over 45 minutes ringing up this little old lady who was buying Easter gifts for the hospital...it took so long because I split it into over 20 transactions so she could get the $5 gc for Easter purchases multiple times even though it says one use per guest per day....oops!
I turned off my lane light and kept applying the GCs to the next purchase and felt like I did a good deed and she was sooo grateful!!

Some sins are good :)!

Not Target but I got written up at Walmart once for price changing some diapers to $3 down from $14 after the guy (working class dad with several kiddos in tow) emptied out his pockets and didn't have enough to cover them at full price. He was clearly embarrassed and bummed out and it hit me in the feels so I said fuck it and applied the illegal discount. He thanked me and even shook my hand. I remember it fondly as my favorite fuck you to that awful company.

I once apprehended a teenager shoplifter who I had all my steps on. Saw her select and conceal a bunch of beauty items. She was with two other friends who I didn’t have steps on. Both of them followed us back to the office voluntarily.

Once we got back to office and I secured a witness, I looked at the girl I apprehended and asked her to hand over all the merchandise she stole. She cooperated. As did the other two girls who emptied their purses of merchandise I didn’t even know they had.

And that’s how I got my first triple apprehension. :rolleyes:

Not Target but I got written up at Walmart once for price changing some diapers to $3 down from $14 after the guy (working class dad with several kiddos in tow) emptied out his pockets and didn't have enough to cover them at full price. He was clearly embarrassed and bummed out and it hit me in the feels so I said fuck it and applied the illegal discount. He thanked me and even shook my hand. I remember it fondly as my favorite fuck you to that awful company.

I've done that. These kids had lost some money in the store, and were a dollar short so I said screw it and just applied a 1 dollar Target discount. They left happy and thankful. I'll just chalk it up to building brand loyalty :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back