MEGATHREAD Target Talk (Definitions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The logo is a bullseye with a spot in the middle of it. The target dog has a spot over 1 eye. Target & spot are the same thing, less letters to type.
Yeah, I knew/thought "spot" meant "Target." It's just that a person used both words in one sentence so I thought maybe spot meant "corporate" or something in that matter.

What is "reshop" "diamond" "CIHYFS" "endcap" "pegs"
and I know "CAF" was defined, but what is "create auto fill"?

Thanks.

Reshop are items left at checkout that guests don't want or merchandise returned at the service desk; basically merchandise to be put back out on the floor. Also known as abandons & go-backs.
Diamonds refer to the holes on the back wall of a gondola, endcap or section used to hold hanging pegs (or as a measuring guide when changing backer paper, etc).
CIHYFS stands for "Can I Help You Find Something", the standard greeting when you see a guest wandering around aimlessly.
Endcaps are the 3-ft section on the ends of aisles, often used for focal/feature displays (front) or clearance (back).
Pegs are the hanger bars that small/blister-packed merchandise hangs from.
Create Auto Fill allows you to get product to the floor when a certain area is light.

Would someone be so kind as to explain exactly what "4 x 4" and the morning LOD sales walk (I think thats what it called) involve? 99% of my shifts are closing so I don't know much about morning routines lol

I can't say much about the LOD sales walk as I'm not a leader, but when it comes to 4x4s, ASANTS. At my store, you superzone aisles, check for missing signs (don't forget to check displays!), and research any outs. We used to have a sheet to fill out for each aisle or group of aisles and a leader would follow up on any issues, but ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

As much as sales floor team members hate 4x4s, I would love to go back to doing them. Our store hasn't been zoned well in what feels like years. It's not at all uncommon, when scanning Instocks/research, to discover an entire aisle where not a single item is in the right spot. Sometimes it's plano resetting an aisle and putting up new labels without rearranging merch, but most the time it's flow and sales floor not caring where they put product on the shelves. The whole store is not PTM at all times.

It's funny because even though I try to resist Target termonology, I find myself using them without realizing it when I talk to friends or my boyfriend who happens to work at a retail clothing store as well. He'll describe certain things that they do that Spot does but they have a very generic easy to understand word for it and I'll be like "Oh yeah, sometimes it's helpful to extend the aisle for a guest if it's not available in store." And he'll be like, "What?" Haha

Pre-Transition Merchandise.
I get what PTM stands for but what IS it? Does it mean its an area or display that does not have all the original merchandise that was set up together? Basically it sounds like a display that is in between delivery dates...is that accurate?

MisterLogistics said:
Ready-to-wear or "prêt-à-porter", often abbreviated RTW, is the term for factory-made clothing, sold in finished condition, in standardized sizes, as distinct from made to measure or bespoke clothing tailored to a particular person's frame. Ready-to-wear has rather different connotations in the spheres of fashion and classic clothing. In the fashion industry, designers produce ready-to-wear clothing intended to be worn without significant alteration, because clothing made to standard sizes fits most people. They use standard patterns, factory equipment, and faster construction techniques to keep costs low, compared to a custom-sewn version of the same item. Some fashion houses and fashion designers produce mass-produced and industrially manufactured ready-to-wear lines, while others offer garments that, while not unique, are produced in limited numbers.

I get what PTM stands for but what IS it? Does it mean its an area or display that does not have all the original merchandise that was set up together? Basically it sounds like a display that is in between delivery dates...is that accurate?
It's a planogram that is about to transition or "reset" very soon. During an areas PTM life, you have the freedom to be as creative as you'd like in the way you merchandise the area. Flex to keep it full and impactful. You can add or remove fixtures if needed. You own the area.

MisterLogistics said:
Ready-to-wear or "prêt-à-porter", often abbreviated RTW, is the term for factory-made clothing, sold in finished condition, in standardized sizes, as distinct from made to measure or bespoke clothing tailored to a particular person's frame. Ready-to-wear has rather different connotations in the spheres of fashion and classic clothing. In the fashion industry, designers produce ready-to-wear clothing intended to be worn without significant alteration, because clothing made to standard sizes fits most people. They use standard patterns, factory equipment, and faster construction techniques to keep costs low, compared to a custom-sewn version of the same item. Some fashion houses and fashion designers produce mass-produced and industrially manufactured ready-to-wear lines, while others offer garments that, while not unique, are produced in limited numbers.

This. And why does it specifically refer to women's clothing?

In the old days, all clothing was purchased unfinished and required tailoring. Men could get the tailoring done for free with the purchase of the items, but women often had to pay an extra charge for tailoring. That's why designers of women's clothing began to produce lines of items that were finished in standard sizes, i.e. ready-to-wear.

This. And why does it specifically refer to women's clothing?

In the old days, all clothing was purchased unfinished and required tailoring. Men could get the tailoring done for free with the purchase of the items, but women often had to pay an extra charge for tailoring. That's why designers of women's clothing began to produce lines of items that were finished in standard sizes, i.e. ready-to-wear.

I am a man, but I believe that it is because Women's bodies very, a lot more than men's do. As all us men come pre-made fabulous, just look at this pheasant.

290px-Male_and_female_pheasant.jpg

Kidding aside, I think it is safe to say that Women care more about having their clothing tailored more accurately than Men do.

Last edited:
What is POG and what is "POG fill" and how does it differ from CAF?

Also, is "presentations team" the same as "plano team"?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Pog is a planogram. A pog fill puts new product in a new set area. Presentation & pog team are the same folks.
Cafs or auto fills, put products back on the shelves after being sold or from the truck.

Sales Floor Quantity
Locu-ing does not update SFQ. You need to update capacities to true capacities if they are over/understated and then you need to make sure the SFQ matches the capacity which should be what is actually on the floor for anything you send to backstock. This will prevent the backstock-pull cycle. You also probably found stuff that wasn't in location when you locu-ed the stockroom, so once you backstock it without updating capacity/SFQ then it triggers in a pull since the system just found it.

sigma7, Thursday at 8:17 PM

Can anyone tell me what a "Rotunda Store" is? I.e., there was a special Star Wars display set for rotunda only stores! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back