MEGATHREAD Target Talk (Definitions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what SAP mean? Is it a function? Terminology? I have seen it on here a few times and tried searching throughout the forums but to no avail. :(

SAP- Systems, Applications and Products

In terms of Target, would this be a correct assessment? Just would like to clarify for those that might not know what it means.

Does anyone know what SAP mean? Is it a function? Terminology? I have seen it on here a few times and tried searching throughout the forums but to no avail. :(

It's like amazon if amazon did not have pictures, accurate product descriptions and a functional search engine.

If I sound cynical, I am. It's just as worthless as workbench and our mydevices

I cannot find this anywhere...RIGs? I began doing research in cosmetics and I've heard this term a number of times but no one seems to know what it is.

what does OTL mean?
Order to Level. Its basically the max amount of a given SKU you are supposed to have in the building. The Presentation Minimum is also the Trigger and is obviously the lowest amount you should have. The current logistics system, since it is by the case, requires high OTLs because in most instances we do not have the ability to break them down (at least not in an efficient way). So a shelf of soup that can hold 12 may have a min level set at 4, but the OTL has to be 16. If your OH is 3 you will then need to get 2 cases of 12 (putting you at 27 OH), and this is how our stockrooms get full with the daily product.

There are also plenty of things we can do around transitions to manage full stockrooms, but that is another topic entirely.

Grocery tl or ctl. Consumables TL.
I read that in the Dating Thread, its next to DTL. I thought it was something else haha.

• STL dating a DTL, GTL, etc. - No. No. No. At that level you could probably move mountains at Target and get away with bloody murder.

Last edited:
Guessing they meant group team lead although that position doesn't exist. At the group level they just call them group president or group vice president

NPI is non-productive incident - no Target merchandise recovered..
PMR - Preventive Merchandise Recovery
KTR - Known Theft Report
NVI is non violent intervention

We still call it one spot. "Bullseye's Playground" is too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back