MEGATHREAD Target Talk (Definitions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our front end vets called it cash money because we sell an awful lot of it and now it's the name most people use. No one except one curmudgeon of a GSA minds, because it's fun and only the new hires have to be initiated into the slang.

DPO - new term for e2e:
Dedicated Process Owner for Toys/Sporting Goods, I have a partner that also works with me. Our responsibilities as of now are to do the pulls, push the freight, back stock, zone, research, and guest assistance. So we are basically just Logistics all in one, every department outside of Grocery is broken up with a DPO team member.
Thanks
Toy man dpo

Last edited:
One spot/dollar spot made a lot more sense when everything was a dollar. Now things are 3 and 5 then the cheap phone accessories are 10

DPO - new term for e2e:
Dedicated Process Owner for Toys/Sporting Goods, I have a partner that also works with me. Our responsibilities as of now are to do the pulls, push the freight, back stock, zone, research, and guest assistance. So we are basically just Logistics all in one, every department outside of Grocery is broken up with a DPO team member.
Thanks
Toy man dpo
Shit if my store starts the E2E/DPO stuff soon, I'm going for home improvement, I know that area like the back of my hand.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in the novel Nineteen Eighty-Four with all of our terminology, only we call it Targetspeak instead of duckspeak.

It's creepy when a leader uses so much of it in a sentence and they sound like a pre-programmed robot.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in the novel Nineteen Eighty-Four with all of our terminology, only we call it Targetspeak instead of duckspeak.

It's creepy when a leader uses so much of it in a sentence and they sound like a pre-programmed robot.

You should partner with STL Dave and status with him until you figure out opportunities in that area.

Wut?

Non-Carry Forward is simply an item that is going to be Dcoded.... The reason its NCF (how it was explained to me) and not just going Dcoded at that moment is because the DC still has some of that item, so its possible you will still get another shipment or two (after which it would be reclassified as Dcode once the DC ran out).... I think...
This is my understanding as well

MPG = Merchandise Presentation Guides

It means that the aisle will be resetting soon (within 6 weeks) and is no longer strictly to planogram. The goal for MPG POGs is to push all discontinued merchandise for that POG to the floor. These are the items that will be put on markdown soon and Target's goal is to sell it before it takes a markdown. This usually involves flexing around product, moving shelves and pegs, spreading out facings...basically anything you can do to make the POG look full and impactful before it transitions. After all the DCODE is out then it's time to move to pushing out regular merch too. Keep the aisle looking full as best you can. The PTM task list and Stand-Alone PTM are how you drop these pulls.

MPG and PTM go hand in hand. PTM = Pre-Transition Merchandising. It's the same idea. Really I think PTM replaced MPG a few years back, but the header labels still print as MPG. I like to think of it as MPG is the status of a pog where you utilize PTM strategies. I try to think the company has a reason to have both abbreviations, but I'm pretty sure the software just isn't updated to print header labels with PTM instead of MPG. They're used interchangeably. For example, PTM Task List and MPG Aisle Report.

Oh, and no backstocking. This messes up the accumulator. Make it all fit! (In reality, you probably will have to backstock stuff at some point, but staying on top of MPG aisles helps you keep pushing product out of the backroom.)

And it's not too well known, but you can drop a stand alone PTM for a non-MPG aisle. This will help you get all of the DCODE out before the aisle even goes MPG. Your instocks team and backroom teams will appreciate it. Just make sure you have actual space to flex the discontinued stuff because on a non-MPG aisle you're not supposed to flex. But you can flex over flipped labels and discontinued products.

^^ answers so many questions ! TY

Anyone know what CUE means on the schedule for an acronym?

It's a shift tag made typed in by someone at your store. You would have to ask your schedule writer. There are no uniform shift tags. They are literally whatever random characters they type in. Probably an area of the store they want you to work.

Research ITA on zebra
I first suggest adding ITA to your quick links. Inventory Tracking Application.
In the upper left hand corner you can see dept/class/item boxes. This is where you input the DPCI.
On the right side you will see three boxes. You only need the two that say DC or store. Type in EITHER store or the DC you want the info on, don't type both. The DC option allows you to see what their current OH are, OO, and OW. If they have zero OO you can hit the radio button for OO that allows you to see when their order is coming in and why the order was placed.

The store box will show you your own store info, or anyone else's in the same fashion. There is a drop down box below the area, if you change it to store and hit submit this will also show you your OTL.
Remember that just because the DC is in stock priority processing may keep you from being replenished first and some of those OH may be being held if the item is going to be on a new transition.
Thanks
YodaBeast

I have one question so I am applying at the store closet to me and I applied to electronics and my older cousin is the manager will I be able to still get that position or no.

I have one question so I am applying at the store closet to me and I applied to electronics and my older cousin is the manager will I be able to still get that position or no.

We need more details. Manager is a vague term. If they are a hardlines TL/Electronics TL or a salesfloor ETL it's a conflict of interest and no you can't be hired.

Our hardlinestl daughter works in our store as softlines that is not a conflict of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back