MEGATHREAD Target Talk (Definitions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread. Just want to thank the OP and contributers. These abbreviations are way too overwhelming for a new team member.

Does "Vibe" stand for anything? If not, it should stand for, "Very Important to Be Excellent."

Do any instocks people, or anyone really, know what RIG stands for? I can't find it anywhere

I know what a rig is, I just want to know what RIG means. Like Random Inventory Generator? I have no idea, it's driving me nuts.

what does backstock mean, and where is the excess product sent ?
flow tm noob

Back stock is pretty literal. Product that's stocked in the back. All excess lives in the backroom.

Helpful hints for a new person such as myself. Except that once I thought of POS as Piece of S*** when I had my first job at Taco Bell, I can never go back

Helpful hints for a new person such as myself. Except that once I thought of POS as Piece of S*** when I had my first job at Taco Bell, I can never go back

Trust me, at Target, the terms are interchangeable. We don't just have a POS, we have a POS POS.

Our POS is very much a POS.

When someone first told me that's what it was called, I had to ask if that was literally the acronym or if it was something they made up because I couldn't believe the hilarious coincidence that the registers had the same acronym as "piece of shit".

When someone first told me that's what it was called, I had to ask if that was literally the acronym or if it was something they made up because I couldn't believe the hilarious coincidence that the registers had the same acronym as "piece of shit".

When they first told me at my first job I had to stop and look at them and asked if they were serious.

Stupid question, but is there a difference between "Spot" and "Target"? I only ask because I just saw someone use both words in the same sentence...

Last edited:
Stupid question, but is there a difference between "Spot" and "Target"? I only ask because I just saw someone use both words in the same sentence...
The logo is a bullseye with a spot in the middle of it. The target dog has a spot over 1 eye. Target & spot are the same thing, less letters to type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back