MEGATHREAD Target Talk (Definitions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe trend run is part of an aisles that is open or visible when walking then runway. There is one in our store's market. An entire juice aisle and a part of the wall that contains boxed juices. This was pointed out to me a long time ago to make sure to always kept zoned before the store open bec of it's visibility.

And focal are endcaps but longer, like this...
29cvqc7.jpg

I forgot what they called areas like the opal house, harth and hand but I don't think it's trend run. I'll ask.
Pretty fly for an end cap, Bro!

A new 2018 term:
WIRE

New
Welcoming
Inspiring
Rewarding
Easy

By doing the above for our guests, we can fulfil our purpose which is, "To help families discover the joy of everyday life."
Thanks
Yetive

What is a trend run? What is a focal?

Trend run = aisle that changes every few weeks to reflect the newest trend.

Plastics will have one aisle that changes with the season. So does Domestics and Kitchen.

Plastics has an aisle for Christmas storage. The same aisle is used for Back to College storage.

Technically, Food Ave is an outdated term, and it's officially Target Cafe. However, kinda like Dollar Spot or Red/Green/Blue World (in older stores), it is still used very much in an unofficial capacity.
Stuff for the cafe is still listed as FA on the pog label attached to the boxes/cases of drinks.

Black line probably in this sense does mean that, it's whenever the truck unload is scanned to separate push and backstock cartons, a black line is put through the big barcode of the pick label, signifying it is backstock

Did the OP forget DPCI?

Department (I can't remember what P stands for) Class (If I remember correctly?) Item

I mean, it's not a big thing, it's just some new TMs may be confused if they hear it? It's basically how to manually enter items that can't be scanned.

Slow metered truck unload
The worst thing to work on IMO... its what it sounds like, a super slow unload with barely anybody working on it. TMs who are throwing trucks by themselves and maybe 2-3 additional TMs sorting it out.
Rock lobster

New in move app:
RTS" Return To Stock
When a guest either cancels all/part of their OPU / STS in store pickup order, a task will be generated a few minutes afterwards and sent to the store.
It will appear in the third / fourth drop down list in ePick. When you enter a batch, it will 'path' you to hold locations in which you will scan the barcode.
ePick will then give you a list of cancelled items and you must either scan their barcodes, or enter their dpci/upc's to continue, if the item(s) aren't there, you can hit 'can't find' and it will fulfill the RTS task, NOT increment your store OHQ for that item, and will negatively affect your stores RTS metrics.
When you successfully scan/enter items, the OHQ and SFQs will be updated respectively for those items.
RTS tasks are meant to be completed by one hour after store open.
I believe, at the moment, if you see RTS tasks in ePick you are NOT meant to do them in the PDA as you will double your inventory. For everyone else who is activated next week you must also NOT do any PDA tasks once you get your first bunch of tasks on ePick on 7-31.
Thanks
@tmap98

Good training tips:
S.M.A.R.T to be my Leadership "style" : Specific, Measurable, Agreed, Realistic, Timely. I make sure I "layer" that Leadership style into what Spot expects of me..
Thanks
@sprinklesontop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back