Archived Target terms you hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this gif of Michael Scott screaming "NO GOD PLEASE NO" but I can't find it
A quick Google search brought this up:
giphy.gif

"First Responder".

Backing up the front lanes does not deserve the same term as people who do critical things like deal with medical emergencies and save lives. I cringe every time I hear someone say that because of how disrespectful and moronic the comparison is.

Last edited:
"Staging" things on the truck line. No, idiot. We take at least one truck every single night of the week, every single week, all year long. Do not stage (aka dump) anything there unless you're coming back for it by 6pm that same day. Otherwise I, the backroom closer, will have to find somewhere to put it when it comes time to set the line.

Had a guest (clearly from England) and she called it a "trolley."

Kind of liked hearing that......sounds like it really belongs at a "tar-jay" store!
Also sounds too high class for target.
One of our regulars is a British girl with a very posh sounding dialect and that's what she calls it. I prefer that over "buggy" or "basket".

'Smart huddle' is an oxymoron.
I don't think I've ever heard anyone say this but if a certain LOD was closing, "huddle" was often code word for "hey guys can you push this tub so I can stand around and not do anything because fuck your zone". Huddle means something different to each team lead at my store

Last edited:
"I'm Guest First"

Just fucking say you're with a fucking fuck for fucks sake!

"Speed-weaving". Not sure if it contains a dash or not....I got yelled at one day because I wasn't doing this....I'd never heard of it and I didn't know what it as. Apparently the employees of my store are divided as to the meaning. After being yelled at, I started asking around and got different answers. I still don't know what it means! Lol!

"Speed-weaving". Not sure if it contains a dash or not....I got yelled at one day because I wasn't doing this....I'd never heard of it and I didn't know what it as. Apparently the employees of my store are divided as to the meaning. After being yelled at, I started asking around and got different answers. I still don't know what it means! Lol!
Are you a GSTL/GSA?

It means you're sending guests with only a few items to your other front end registers before you start calling for back up. First is Guest Service if there is no line...Kodak, if you have Kodak people in store, Food Ave, Starbucks. Having said that, I never send anyone to the food departments. I'd rather just hop on a lane myself and hope no cashiers need help.

It means you're sending guests with only a few items to your other front end registers before you start calling for back up. First is Guest Service if there is no line...Kodak, if you have Kodak people in store, Food Ave, Starbucks. Having said that, I never send anyone to the food departments. I'd rather just hop on a lane myself and hope no cashiers need help.
That's directing traffic. That's just something you do to speed up lines while you are speed-weaving. The actual act of speed weaving is quickly walking between lanes and/or aisles. While speed weaving, GSTLs should be zoning, cleaning, removing hangers, gathering gobacks/hangers/baskets, directing traffic, and resolving issues at the register.

Edit: And they should be speed weaving the whole time! Lol

That's directing traffic. That's just something you do to speed up lines while you are speed-weaving. The actual act of speed weaving is quickly walking between lanes and/or aisles. While speed weaving, GSTLs should be zoning, cleaning, removing hangers, gathering gobacks/hangers/baskets, directing traffic, and resolving issues at the register.

Edit: And they should be speed weaving the whole time! Lol

Ah. That's not quite how the terms are used in my store. It's the opposite for us. Directing traffic is literal; moving people to shorter lines they either don't notice, or can't get to. Speed weaving is what we call sending guests to other registers. Zoning and what not are just other tasks there are to be done, unrelated to both terms.

I'm the rebel at my store ( well , I believe I am lol ) I am not brand over the Walkie what so ever. So I refuse to say " copy" I despise that word , so I say , "Okay" I don't use target lingo because target isn't my life. If you keep saying "Copy" It'll eventually go home with you. And that's a NO thank you for me.

POG - because I think of the milkcap craze...it just doesn't sound right.

Is it Plano or Presentation team? Nobody knows what I'm talking about when they ask what I do.

"Expect More, Pay Less" - we know what you really think, Target...

presentation on the grid
Plano on the streets homie

I'm the rebel at my store ( well , I believe I am lol ) I am not brand over the Walkie what so ever. So I refuse to say " copy" I despise that word , so I say , "Okay" I don't use target lingo because target isn't my life. If you keep saying "Copy" It'll eventually go home with you. And that's a NO thank you for me.
I've never heard anyone in my store ever say "copy" over the walkie unless they were ex-military or wanna-be military.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back