Archived Target: You reap what you sow

Status
Not open for further replies.
So myself along with a few others have either quit or have put in their notice and I put a majority of my shifts on the Branch app prompting my ETL to tell me that's not fulfilling my two weeks and no one's going to cover my shifts because of how severely understaffed they are, to which I immediately thought "Gee I wonder why, I'm sure it has nothing to do with being treated like crap, hours slashed, demeaning guests, and no support from leadership!" I've considered NCNS the rest of my shifts, because after all what can they do to me! But I've decided that's far too unprofessional and there may come a time when I need Target for reference (Though at this time I don't see that happening). But once I'm done, I'm not looking back.

So myself along with a few others have either quit or have put in their notice and I put a majority of my shifts on the Branch app prompting my ETL to tell me that's not fulfilling my two weeks and no one's going to cover my shifts because of how severely understaffed they are, to which I immediately thought "Gee I wonder why, I'm sure it has nothing to do with being treated like crap, hours slashed, demeaning guests, and no support from leadership!" I've considered NCNS the rest of my shifts, because after all what can they do to me! But I've decided that's far too unprofessional and there may come a time when I need Target for reference (Though at this time I don't see that happening). But once I'm done, I'm not looking back.

Don't burn the bridge. You are doing the right thing by working out these last 2 weeks. I can't tell you how many tms leave and lo and behold they want to come back. They swore they never would. At least keep the door ajar. You may want extra Xmas money!

Thanks for the advice, I honestly thought I'd be a lifer at Target, I've wanted to work there for a while and was happy when I finally got my opportunity, what I wasn't counting on was being stuck in a position that I was miserable in, I feel like I was pretty patient in waiting for another position to come open, it didn't happen and now I'm moving on. But I won't nail the door shut on a return.

Screw him, so long as someone works those shifts you are fine.

But yes, worth them out even if it kills you. Spot is easy to come in and out of for cash.

I quit after many years without putting in two weeks and regret doing so. I live next to another store and worked with several managers there in the past and all of them said they would've taken me but they can't now. I was told I couldn't transfer and felt trapped at my store and I fled and now I'm feeling the consequences of my actions.

I quit after many years without putting in two weeks and regret doing so. I live next to another store and worked with several managers there in the past and all of them said they would've taken me but they can't now. I was told I couldn't transfer and felt trapped at my store and I fled and now I'm feeling the consequences of my actions.

Hang in there. My store we now consider non rehireables if they explain themselves well but I know most stores dont.

Even if you feel trapped at a store. Two weeks is always doable knowing you are on your way out.

it is getting more common,we just had a former tl rehired as a tm ,had left us a few years back and was considered a non rehire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back