Target's Anti Union Video

We all have seen them, some have seen an older version and some an updated version. When you have orientation at Target you are forced to watch a bunch of pointless videos, one of them being "Target Anti-Union" video. Which is determined to S fear into us TM's of unions, and while unions can be sketchy, the video that Target puts out every so often is full of BS!

here is the link to one the videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVqOxmb34yc

Tell me your thoughts

it's very good info and they are doing you a favor by making you watch it! Are you aware if you were unionized at target, the union would be denying you hours instead of the ETL's taking your hours away? On the basis that you couldn't be crosstrained for other areas! Everybody knows if we unionized, there is absolutely no way you could pick up hours in another department! Just stay unorganized and let the ETL's take your hours away.

Gotta go I here a loud knocking on my door...

All I know is every time they make me watch these video's it makes me want to run out and join a Union. Fairly impressive considering I don't particularly like unions.

All I know is every time they make me watch these video's it makes me want to run out and join a Union. Fairly impressive considering I don't particularly like unions.
This is so true. The only time I hear union talk is right after they make you watch those idiotic videos.

Baristar

Recovering Starget Barista
I worked in a grocery store chain while a member of a union, and we got annual guaranteed cost of living raises of $0.25. Pretty nice, and I'm impressed that they managed to accomplish that in Virginia, where the conservative hegemony has neutered unions.

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
My favorite part is how they say you wouldn't be able to talk directly to your TL and E's.
How many threads have we seen where TM's have screamed with frustration from not being listened to by their TL and E's?
Wouldn't it be nice to TM who is part of your union who has your back and that the E's have to listen to because they are the union rep?

Once upon a time --- Unions had their place ---

In some business's they still do --

With that typed --- spot is terrified of unions -- and he has the resources to replace "Everybody" ( that's "E-V-E-R-Y-B-O-D-Y" ) person who would be photographed on a picket line --

There will never be any unions at target --

But --- I would sign up in a New York minute :moil:

As red11 said the last time they made us watch that video it mad the idea of joining a union very appealing,who comes up with this stuff.....

OP
OP
F
Yea, with what commiecorvus said, we are hardly listened to by our TL's or E's. They try to make these videos seem like management actually gives a rats ass about you, when the majority do not. So a union rep actually sounds better cause you could actually have some good communication with them. My ETL-LOG would ask us "how would you feel if we started doing this and this" and we would voice our viewpoints but those weren't logical in his mindset, so he just went with the exact opposite of what we said. Yea , you really wanted our opinion didn't you? :p