Team lead shifts

what shifts do the etls and tls work at your location? Pretty much all of mine, except the closing, work 8-430 or 9-530. Closer gets screwed.

GMTLs who work Inbound or Fulfillment get early shifts a lot, 4am-12:30, 7-3:30. Specialty Sales gets 7-3:30 a couple times a week. VM is usually 6-2:30. SETL 9-5:30. Closing Lead and any other closers work 1:30-10 or 2:10;30.

ETLs all over the board too. HR works a lot of mid shifts.

We have 1 TL or ETL scheduled until at least 7 every day. Otherwise, it's all over the board. SETLs work 1-930 and 8-430 when they are both working. When alone, usually 11-730.

Once overnights go away
4am gm inbound, non-inbound gm comes in at 6am, sfs tl 830-5, setl 9-530, style tl has 2 early am 6 or 8 am and one mid shift 11-730. F&B has morning shifts 9am and one mid shift. Obviously closing tl is closing shift. Basically everyone has a mid shift unless they do inbound and we have a closing rotation for weekends.

We have 4 gm tls one main inbound, one covers weekday day off so once a week inbound. Another covers weekend off, so they do inbound every other weekend. Last gm does sfs and has a closing weekend rotation and mid shift.

Once overnights go away
4am gm inbound, non-inbound gm comes in at 6am, sfs tl 830-5, setl 9-530, style tl has 2 early am 6 or 8 am and one mid shift 11-730. F&B has morning shifts 9am and one mid shift. Obviously closing tl is closing shift. Basically everyone has a mid shift unless they do inbound and we have a closing rotation for weekends.

We have 4 gm tls one main inbound, one covers weekday day off so once a week inbound. Another covers weekend off, so they do inbound every other weekend. Last gm does sfs and has a closing weekend rotation and mid shift.
No lead etl or tl works mids. Everyone is gone by 5 maybe 530 the latest.

Starbucks TLs generally get mids like almost all TLs except consumables and GM, but I find I get more done if I open instead.

Last edited:
2 GM TLs 4am-noon/6am-2pm, 2 6am-2pm/8am-4pm, 3 style TLs 7am-3pm/8am-4pm, food TL 6am-2pm/8am-4pm, 2 front end TLs rotate 8am-4pm, 10am-6pm, noon-8pm, starbucks TL 7am-3pm, SFS TL 7am-3pm/9am-5pm, closing TL 3:30pm-11:45pm. ETLs/SD generally 7am-4:30pm, each with a weekly “mid” until sometime between 5pm-6pm.

All of our leads do all three shifts every week. Except our flow TL. Our ETLs and TLs do One or two nights each usually on the weekends sometimes in pairs. They open and mid most other days.

Our store thinks it's important we get the whole picture, because we have 3 distinct rushes every day and our night rush is way different than our day rush.

Our GSTLs are almost back to pre-modernization. One will open and the other one might close or come close to close. Closing the drawers is almost always done by a TM.

Our GSTLs are almost back to pre-modernization. One will open and the other one might close or come close to close. Closing the drawers is almost always done by a TM.
gross 🤮 what's the point of this, we are supposed to be in the building for peak times so that we are there for our team and guests when they need us most

gross 🤮 what's the point of this, we are supposed to be in the building for peak times so that we are there for our team and guests when they need us most
My store is starting to spread the two out so one is more 10-6ish to cover rush then the next is 1-9ish basically. Cover the team members up front from getting one over on the other leads not stationed at the front.

The majority of my ETLs are in the store in the morning and then we have a couple who work the evenings. Most of the TLs (excluding GSTLS) work mornings except for maybe one or two. We have one opener, one mid and one closing GSTL and our SE ETL with sometimes fill in for the morning GSTL shift.

what shifts do the etls and tls work at your location? Pretty much all of mine, except the closing, work 8-430 or 9-530. Closer gets screwed.
Gmtl1 open at 5:30am. Second one comes in at 8am. 3rd one at 10am. Style tl comes in at 8 and 9 am unless they have to do a mid then 11:30am. Grocery produce at 6am consumables at 9am and I have no clue about frozen or deli/bakery/Starbucks tl.
I don’t know the rhyme or reason to the mids. There are mids sometimes but not every day.

TL hours at my store vary but are 530a-2p, 7a-330p, 10a-630p, 2-1030p & 3-1130p There’s also the odd 8a-430p shift but that’s only once a week.

We were just told today there's a set schedule for team lead shifts. Grocery lead is now 930-6, GM3 is now 1130-8, etc.

Anyone else get the same info?

100% up to the SD. Although our DTL & HRBP have requested to review our schedule. Probably to advise where cuts could be made !

We don’t follow the directive. We have a few openers (mainly inbound/grocer TL for trucks), majority are mid 8-4, 9-5, 10-6, one day a week each 11-7 and every other weekend.

Why are there two closing shifts ? Don’t you have a closing TL that covers 5 days per week ? I’m pretty sure our closing TL closes alone without another TL but I’m not certain. I haven’t had a closing shift in many, many years.

Back