Archived Team Leader Paygrades - 11 vs. 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
So quick question--is there a functional difference (e.g., job description, duties, implied reason behind paygrades) between a Team Leader with PG 11 as compared to PG 13?

I was just recently moved to 13 because of "streamlining," or so I am told. But I haven't seen or heard anything about this change anywhere else, so I am wondering if there's more to it than "streamlining?" I was told we as a company were no longer using 11 and/or that it would be used for another purpose at some point in the future (perhaps for Market-related duties?).

Just curious to know if any of you had heard anything similar!

Spot is doing away the pay grades according to others here. I have not seen anything at my store yet. Spot supposedly did away with core roles too. It depends on your area or city. Spot might figured out you are under paid for your position.

11 is "new team lead"

13 is "experienced team lead"

Basically it's so Spot can promote/hire a team lead at a lower rate while dangling a potential "promotion" in front of them.

In addition it's an interviewing tactic for experienced candidates.

"We typically bring on our new team leads at THIS rate, but since you're so impressive, we'll give you the EXPERIENCED rate".

Fundamentally there is no difference in responsibilities. It's just a bump in pay.

Spot is doing away the pay grades according to others here. I have not seen anything at my store yet. Spot supposedly did away with core roles too. It depends on your area or city. Spot might figured out you are under paid for your position.
At what point are they going to discuss this with tms?

There are 3 TL Paygrades.

11 - New TL
13 - Experienced TL
15 - TL waiting for a promote to senior - typically on the bench, would move to PG17 on promotion.

You can get a "paygrade" promotion and get a pay increase without actually changing your job by moving from 11 to 13 to 15.

What is the $$ change for the PG 11 => 13 and so on.

Seems like a raise for newer TLs but for long term ones, they get zero.

I wonder how does that fit in with a key holder.

Key is a separate entity with your base pay, it's actually a different position.

For example if you were a PG11 GSTL and you moved to PG13, you would get a 1.00 raise. If you then moved to a PG15 logistics TL, you would get 1.00 more, but if you moved to PG15 Log Key Carrier, you would get 2.00 more. The base pay of the key positions is higher.

Thanks.

However, like with new TMs, those who are tenured get zilch.

I'm not sure how being tenured would affect this at all, unless you're over your max pay as a TL or a senior. You would need to be there for a very long time for that to happen. I was around 25/hr as a senior and it took 12 years to get there.

Key is a separate entity with your base pay, it's actually a different position.

For example if you were a PG11 GSTL and you moved to PG13, you would get a 1.00 raise. If you then moved to a PG15 logistics TL, you would get 1.00 more, but if you moved to PG15 Log Key Carrier, you would get 2.00 more. The base pay of the key positions is higher.
We have PG11's carrying keys though (at least, I would assume based on the position listing). I almost applied for the position but decided not to due to thinking I didn't have the experience, even though at the time several TMs supported it. Then they gave the position to someone who had been there only a few months.

A key carrier can be any paygrade as long as there is a position. For example instead of saying "guest services team leader" it would say "GE TL - Key Carrier". The base rate would be 1.00 more so you would just add 1.00 to whatever raise you would get normally.

What is the $$ change for the PG 11 => 13 and so on.

Seems like a raise for newer TLs but for long term ones, they get zero.

PG11 is going away like previously stated. Target realized its stupid that new TLs are getting paid the same as Cake Decorators, and now all are starting at the 13 again. I have not heard anything further about the getting rid of PGs for TLs all together like they are for exempt positions (no longer PG11 and 13 for ETLs as an example, all ETLs are on the same PG going forward).

Sales floor TMs- PG 03
Electronics TMs and Instocks TMs- PG 05
Backroom, flow, GSA, Signing and Plano TMs- PG 07
Perishables Assistant- PG 09
Note that these are not necessarily the grades for all stores; i.e., my store has Electronics as PG 07 along with Instocks as PG 07 as well... and SF are PG03 along with cashiers.

Furthermore, I'm not entirely certain our PAs are PG09... They may just be PG07!

We have PG11's carrying keys though (at least, I would assume based on the position listing). I almost applied for the position but decided not to due to thinking I didn't have the experience, even though at the time several TMs supported it. Then they gave the position to someone who had been there only a few months.

Are there specific positions for key carriers that would work dayside? We just had our third position for Sr TL filled several months back, so there won't be a Senior (Key Carrier) TL position opening for some time, but I would seriously like to be a Key Carrier... it would make my life MUCH easier.

Are there specific positions for key carriers that would work dayside? We just had our third position for Sr TL filled several months back, so there won't be a Senior (Key Carrier) TL position opening for some time, but I would seriously like to be a Key Carrier... it would make my life MUCH easier.
I don't thik they would make a TL a key carrier unless they are often going to be the first one to enter the store in the morning or if they work overnight (so pretty much only TLs in logistics). Even then, some LOG positions don't always need a key carrier.

Also not sure how much easier it would make your life if you have to constantly run around unlocking the key box, compactor, vendor door, cash office, etc. for TMs.

PG11 is going away like previously stated. Target realized its stupid that new TLs are getting paid the same as Cake Decorators, and now all are starting at the 13 again. I have not heard anything further about the getting rid of PGs for TLs all together like they are for exempt positions (no longer PG11 and 13 for ETLs as an example, all ETLs are on the same PG going forward).

When did it change? Many years ago upon my promotion, I went to PG13 from PG07.

When did it change? Many years ago upon my promotion, I went to PG13 from PG07.

About 3-4 years ago they rolled out that all new TLs would start at PG11. They then could progress through 13 and 15s as they became more experienced. 17 is Senior. They just announced a month ago that this is going away and we are going back to 13s for now I guess. I sense more changes coming.

Senior TLs are key carriers, but they do not get extra money for being a key carrier. The key carrier responsibilities are factored into the N17 base rate. Except for VMTLs. They are N17 without being a key carrier.

Paychecks just generated for this week, got my pay bump to PG 13! $16/hr for my market. Obv that doesn't include raise from reviews so we'll see when that shows.

Paychecks just generated for this week, got my pay bump to PG 13! $16/hr for my market. Obv that doesn't include raise from reviews so we'll see when that shows.

What was it before, or how much was the increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back