Archived Terminated!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For having a degree 40k a year isn't THAT good.

I don't have my degree yet, and i'm making $25/hr (52k/yr) at my other job (IT - cisco networking) -- part time though.

For having a degree 40k a year isn't THAT good.

I don't have my degree yet, and i'm making $25/hr (52k/yr) at my other job (IT - cisco networking) -- part time though.

totally believable too! I know a lot of people who can make that kind of money but also work as GSA!

The ratio of good ETL's to bad ETL's is the same as the ratio of good TM's to bad TM's. I would venture to say that the two a directly proportional.

I would beg to differ on this comment, but i can understand some level of the logic perhaps. I generally speaking would say there is one ETL (or it's equivalent from any other retailer) that is someone the employees like and feel comfortable going to for help and with questions.
The ratio of good ETL's to bad ETL's is the same as the ratio of good TM's to bad TM's. I would venture to say that the two a directly proportional.

The problem is that a bad ETL has a ten fold effect on TM's as compared to the bad TM.

Last edited:
I hope that everyone feels they have atleast one supervisor or one manager they feel comfortable going to.
I would beg to differ on this comment, but i can understand some level of the logic perhaps. I generally speaking would say there is one ETL (or it's equivalent from any other retailer) that is someone the employees like and feel comfortable going to for help and with questions.

^Agreed... The good old trickle down effect!

Thankfully the leadership at my store is pretty good, I have a few complaints about it, but, overall my leadership team is pretty good!

I can't really complain all that much about my store now, a couple of the really poisoned apples are now gone, and it's amazing how just a few bad people can really effect your perception of the entire management team. We have some pretty decent folk, one good one, and a couple slightly below average. Suprisingly, one person I was always bothered by has significantly improved and actually earned some of my respect.

Yes, usually people have atleast one member of management they feel comfortable going to, too bad that's only 1 out of like 10! Not a very good percentage! but that's all of corporate america
I hope that everyone feels they have atleast one supervisor or one manager they feel comfortable going to.

I was terminated by Target 2 weeks ago for "gross misconduct". I was a cashier. One night last month after I had finished with my last guest, I clocked out for the night. As I was heading toward the exit, I noticed a wallet at my register. Figuring it belonged to my last guest, I thought I'd be a nice guy and look for him in the parking lot. It was near closing time, and the parking lot was nearly empty. When it was clear that the guest had already left, I went back inside and turned the wallet over to my GSTL.

Apparently, what I did was a big no-no and against company policy. I appealed my termination with the corporate office, but was denied. Lesson learned, and I'm moving on with my life now, as losing my job at Target isn't worth brooding over, but I just wanna say ************ TARGET!!! I was only there for nine months, their pay raises suck, even if you got a good review, and all the cashiers were scheduled for less than 20 hours a week, so it's no big loss for me.

well, at least you have more work experience than me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back