Archived Terminated!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

david91722

Former Front End TM
I was terminated by Target 2 weeks ago for "gross misconduct". I was a cashier. One night last month after I had finished with my last guest, I clocked out for the night. As I was heading toward the exit, I noticed a wallet at my register. Figuring it belonged to my last guest, I thought I'd be a nice guy and look for him in the parking lot. It was near closing time, and the parking lot was nearly empty. When it was clear that the guest had already left, I went back inside and turned the wallet over to my GSTL.

Apparently, what I did was a big no-no and against company policy. I appealed my termination with the corporate office, but was denied. Lesson learned, and I'm moving on with my life now, as losing my job at Target isn't worth brooding over, but I just wanna say ************ TARGET!!! I was only there for nine months, their pay raises suck, even if you got a good review, and all the cashiers were scheduled for less than 20 hours a week, so it's no big loss for me.

I was terminated by Target 2 weeks ago for "gross misconduct". I was a cashier. One night last month after I had finished with my last guest, I clocked out for the night. As I was heading toward the exit, I noticed a wallet at my register. Figuring it belonged to my last guest, I thought I'd be a nice guy and look for him in the parking lot. It was near closing time, and the parking lot was nearly empty. When it was clear that the guest had already left, I went back inside and turned the wallet over to my GSTL.

Apparently, what I did was a big no-no and against company policy. I appealed my termination with the corporate office, but was denied. Lesson learned, and I'm moving on with my life now, as losing my job at Target isn't worth brooding over, but I just wanna say ************ TARGET!!! I was only there for nine months, their pay raises suck, even if you got a good review, and all the cashiers were scheduled for less than 20 hours a week, so it's no big loss for me.

Whenever handling other peoples purses/wallet you should always have another person bearing witness, preferably your GSTL. Taking it out of the store alone is a big no no.

When I find wallets/purses in the parking lot I take them immediately to guest service and the GSTM or GSTL usually has me stay while they discreetly check for a name/phone number to contact the guest.

Any lost personal items should always be turned into the service desk and kept there until the guest comes looking for it, or can be contacted.

As for hours and pay.... Maybe your store is super ULV, but my store there is an abundance of cashier hours... You just have to SEEK them. Cross training also helps. Pay sucks? Well of course... Cashier is in the lowest paygrade. If you do something more specialized like Photo or GSA, you will make more :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No big loss to you? Must have been big enough for you to sign up for this website, sign in to your email, confirm it, then log back into the website, and then post this.

Sorry you got termed, it seems like you were just trying to help somebody out.

As for hours and pay.... Maybe your store is super ULV, but my store there is an abundance of cashier hours... You just have to SEEK them. Cross training also helps. Pay sucks? Well of course... Cashier is in the lowest paygrade. If you do something more specialized like Photo or GSA, you will make more :)

I know in my store there are a ton of cashier or sales floor hours always up for grabs because other TM can't work their scheduled shift/s.

No big loss to you? Must have been big enough for you to sign up for this website, sign in to your email, confirm it, then log back into the website, and then post this.

You have made an incorrect assumption. I have been a member of thebreakroom.org since September 2010, and thebreakroom.us just a few days after it was created early this month.

Thank you. That was indeed the case.

I know in my store there are a ton of cashier or sales floor hours always up for grabs because other TM can't work their scheduled shift/s.

I often picked up an extra shift a week, bumping my weekly hours to 20 to 24. Big deal.:rolleyes: I know I can get many more hours at other jobs, and that's what I intend to do.

I got scheduled 13 hours this week (my fault since I requested weekend off), but picked up enough hours to get back up to 30. The hours are there, you just need to have the will to work them.

You have made an incorrect assumption. I have been a member of thebreakroom.org since September 2010, and thebreakroom.us just a few days after it was created.

Stupid question, why didn't you report this to your gstl first. It sorta like when a guest leaves their cellphone. Do run them down, maybe or call gstl? I call gstl, thats me. Also, this example that happen to me in softlines getting equipment. I find an evenlope of cash on the floor. Do I move? No,! Call hl4 to fitting room & tell them what happen. Ask them to ck cameras on who dropped it. Talk about frantic but happy guest. Her id was confirmed by camera. Give them the evenlope with witnesses to verify it.
There maybe other events that you have not stated to us. I am not here to make judgement call. Let's help you get another job other than spot.
I am br.org member since aug 2008.

How is this any different then any of us signing up and ranting about our days at work? Maybe he wants to get it off his chest and talk about it with other actual target employees.

I faced a Term. back in March 2010 for "pushing more then the limit of carts on the cart mover" I did not fight it with Corperate (no use. Target IS going down hill) but I did fight unemployent and won. Mostly because I kept documents of piror events as well as those stupid Great team cards. Showed the employment department that I was not a bad worker.

I've been a member since I think December 2009.

I wouldn't say Target is going downhill.

I've heard a lot more negative press about Walmart than Target lately. Aside from the gays and lesbians freaking out about political donations :D

I wont say anything about walmart as I don't work for them. Yes those million woman lost the case but I dobut all one million worked for walmart or even had an issue with them,

That sucks. I would find it gross misconduct if you found the wallet and kept it. But to search for the guest and then turn it into the GSTL after no luck. That sounds like guest experience to me.

I have helped jump start guests and other TMs cars. Taken tips only after the guest consistently insisted. And I have chased down guests after they forgot their wallet or bag.

In my opinion do I agree, there is no since of worrying over Target. They are killing themselves by treating TMs rotten. I experienced double standards where I was punished for nothing while others who did worse got off free.

But I do suggest having a little fun with it...I would contact your local media (radio/TV) and tell them your story. Or reporting all the dirty secrets you know about that store.

I don't care how much the guest insists, I would never accept a tip. I value my job too much to risk it for a couple extra bucks. I've never seen my store treat any TM rotten either. If you go against policy, you can't get upset at your employer for punishing you for it.

I know at our store it is policy to immediately log anything valuable that is lost and turned in. Those items are then locked up until the guest comes to retrieve them.

YES. I believe that TMs should not accept tips, and execs should NOT get bonuses. Since we all know that execs DO get bonuses; well.....

YES. I believe that TMs should not accept tips, and execs should NOT get bonuses. Since we all know that execs DO get bonuses; well.....

Do you really think Exec bonuses are all that great? Don't speak of what you don't know! I have made more in incentive awards in my current job over that last six months than I did in over a year at Target with my so called Exec "bonus."

I accept tips if they insist. Not a big deal, just don't go blabbing about it.

Do you really think Exec bonuses are all that great? Don't speak of what you don't know! I have made more in incentive awards in my current job over that last six months than I did in over a year at Target with my so called Exec "bonus."

Man, are you always so defensive? dailypush is just saying exec get bonuses which is fact.

Take a chill pill :)

I'm sorry. It's not like the execs get a better benefits package including much better vacation than TMs. So why on Earth would we allow a TM to accept a meager gratuity? Congrats Bikebryan; it sounds like you have moved on to a better job.

Last edited:
I wouldnt even have touched the wallet after I clocked out. I would have told the gstl or lod that there was a wallet left at lane ?? and tell them if I see the guest in the parking lot Ill send them back in to collect it.

Once I found an envelope of cash in a cart out in the lot, and I actually called AP first before I moved it to the service desk. Sometimes its best to be safe.

I found a wallet just a couple days ago, took it over to service desk and told the gstl and nothing happened to me.

I wouldn't say Target is going downhill.

I've heard a lot more negative press about Walmart than Target lately. Aside from the gays and lesbians freaking out about political donations :D
Except for the whole Union thing because it is now going to get Target investigated by the NRLB.

And the lack of liquidity...

The free fall of our stock in the last year...

I swear that there is nothing but good news so far!

Once I found an envelope of cash in a cart out in the lot, and I actually called AP first before I moved it to the service desk. Sometimes its best to be safe.

Thats what I would do to. I'd go to Channel 2 and speak with them so no guests or team members will hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back