Archived Terminated!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know... I just think anything that puts my job at risk is a big deal even if it is $1 or $2.

I've had people get mad when I tell them no repeatedly, so now I usually just say no once, and remind them it is not necessary. Most tippers like it when you accept their tip, and feel positive in return for doing a good deed (Tipping).

I'm sorry. It's not like the execs get a better benefits package including much better vacation than TMs. So why on Earth would we allow a TM to accept a meager gratuity? Congrats Bikebryan; it sounds like you have moved on to a better job.

I left Target many years ago. I made good money but the hours were brutal and not worth it. I once did a 36+ hour shift. No money is worth that.

I've had people get mad when I tell them no repeatedly, so now I usually just say no once, and remind them it is not necessary. Most tippers like it when you accept their tip, and feel positive in return for doing a good deed (Tipping).

I just say I'm not allowed to accept it. As much as I could use/want the extra cash when offered, it's not worth it. I tell the guest I appreciate it but I just can't.

OP here. I have an update:

After I was termed, I filed for unemployment benefits, but was denied. I appealed, and finally had my hearing with the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board about ten days ago. Today, I received the decision in the mail. I WON!!! Here are the last two paragraphs from the "Reasons for Decision":

"Applications of the employer's policy against possession of another's property without permission has an analogy in the tort of conversion. Conversion implies a tortious act on the part of the defendant. It must be made to appear that he has by some act wrongfully assumed title in himself or dominion over the property inconsistent with plaintiff's right thereto. (Cass v. Ocean Park Bath Co. (1920) 31 Cal.App 321 [188 P. 616].) The fact that the claimant's control of the wallet was brief shows that the possession was less than substantial. Thus, the claimant has shown that he substantially complied with the employer's policy. At most, the claimant's deviation from the policy shows a good faith error in judgment or discretion. Thus, the claimant was not discharged for misconduct under unemployment Insurance Code section 1256.

In deciding the claimant is not disqualified for unemployment insurance benefits, there is no opinion expressed as to whether the employer was justified in discharging the claimant. Conduct that warrants discharge does not constitute misconduct under code section 1256 unless it evinces culpability or bad faith. (Amador v. California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board (1984) 35 Cal.3rd 671, 680 fn. 4.)"

Question for the group: If I hired a lawyer, what are the chances he or she could get me reinstated at Target, if I ever decided to go that route?

Congratulations!

Don't bother trying to get reinstated at Target... Not worth the trouble IMHO.

Yeah, keep in mind if you go that route, you'll have to pay for said lawyer, and you'll probably have a target on your back. Although it seems to have worked for Talan...

Congratulations. Always good to hear when the little guys win.
Don't know if it's worth trying to get back but it could be fun.
It's always a joy to stick it to the man.

Very good indeed.

I've done what you are thinking about doing. There is nothing sweeter than having the Group VP, DTL, and STL coming in and kissing your butt in a sad attempt to apologize. (The A-Holes did it on my birthday).

Plus, when you hear about the person who fired you getting fired, you can do the robot dance and nobody will any problems.

Thats what I would do to. I'd go to Channel 2 and speak with them so no guests or team members will hear it.

You can call AP and ask them to meet you in the lot or an LOD and ask them to meet you in the lot. When you go to channel 2, anyone near you AND near the other person hears the conversation too. Also all the nosey team members that will switch to 2 when they hear your request and everyone around them will also hear. Remember anything said on a walkie can be overheard by someone.

I got my girlfriend a job there a couple months ago in soflines. Just recently she was fired because they said she was too slow getting back to the floor from responding to backup cashier!! WTF!!! Also they said she made more work for herself than she had to

I got my girlfriend a job there a couple months ago in softlines. Just recently she was fired because they said she was too slow getting back to the floor from responding to backup cashier!! WTF!!! Also they said she made more work for herself than she had to

Too slow getting back the the floor? That's so stupid and is obviously beyond her control. At my store, our backups always get stuck at the lanes for several extra minutes because guests ignore the fact that their lights are off. The GSTL/GSAs should've helped her escape the lanes.

Once I found an envelope of cash in a cart out in the lot, and I actually called AP first before I moved it to the service desk. Sometimes its best to be safe.

sometimes you have to think they (AP or someone from the DC office) left it there to see how team members respond.

Well you would have thought (had they actually cared) that if your story was correct and you were simply looking for the guest, a quick look at the camera would more than verfiy your story. As is, I think it's pretty ************ty. Policies should be common sense. In other words, the policy should be used to punish people who are intending to steal, not accidental good deeds gone awry.

Hey folks. OP here. I have another job now, but last month, just for ************s & giggles, I applied for employment at another Target near me, but didn't mention my previous employment at Target on the application. Much to my surprise, they called me in for an interview. Now from what I have read on this website, if anyone who has been fired at Target files an application at any other Target, their name is supposed to be flagged in the system, and once HR sees the application, they are to instantly pass them over. Despite that, I had an interview, but was not hired. I'll never know if I am flagged, but Target didn't notice until the day of the interview, or if they just decided to hire someone else

Just because you were interviewed does not mean they EVER had any intention of hiring you. We usually did interviews the same day the application was filed. Nobody really checked whether they had been hired/fired from any Target store at that point. That was handled after we did interviews and passed on recommendations.

So the moral: anybody can be interviewed. That has nothing to do with HIRING.

it doesn't hurt to try though...as big as target is + the amount of turnover they have + (how retarded and inept executive teamleaders are + 1(if they are brand new & etl-hr)) = you have a chance of slipping through the cracks. It's actually best practice for non rehireable team members who are hurting for work to reapply and hope for the best!

Most ETLs aren't that bad.... aside from that, they are grossly underpaid for the work/hours they have to do.

Just because you were interviewed does not mean they EVER had any intention of hiring you. We usually did interviews the same day the application was filed. Nobody really checked whether they had been hired/fired from any Target store at that point. That was handled after we did interviews and passed on recommendations.

So the moral: anybody can be interviewed. That has nothing to do with HIRING.

I just wish Target was more clear about this. At least call the person back and say that they didn't get the job. It's not the greatest feeling in the world for the person making the call but it sure makes the person interviewing for the position feel much better.

Most ETLs aren't that bad.... aside from that, they are grossly underpaid for the work/hours they have to do.

um it's about 50/50 in my opinion. I don't agree that they are grossly underpaid. They are already about 40k a year. Pay them any more than that and they would be making an engineers salary. They might be at target a lot of hours a week, but a majority do very little work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back