Archived Thanksgiving Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just needing some clarification. If you work on Thanksgiving you are paid time and a half. If you are not scheduled for the day, are you paid for the holiday?

Just needing some clarification. If you work on Thanksgiving you are paid time and a half. If you are not scheduled for the day, are you paid for the holiday?

If your a TL yes. If you are a tm then you also get it payed if you avg 32 hours if off. Everyone gets time and half on Thanksgiving.

Tbis is where I get a little lost the past two years I have gotten both full holiday pay on top of my time and a half. Idk if thats because we dont clock on until 6pm or what. That added to the shift diff (which I hear we wont vet thi year because of the time changes) makes for one beautiful paycheck

If your average hours are over 32 i believe you get the holiday no matter if you work or not; so if you end up working you get to double dip. (This is my understanding at least, i might be wrong.)
I’m not sure on the average hours requirement but 32 seems right and I can confirm that the rest of this is true - you get paid for those 8 hours whether you work or not.

The best situation is working a shift on Thanksgiving and getting time and a half for that, plus working 40 hours on the days that aren’t Thanksgiving, and then you also get some shift differential, and then you get an extra 8 hours of pay for Thanksgiving. You could end up with pay that is equivalent to about 60 hours without even needing to beg for overtime.

So I get an extra dollar for 2 BF hours bc my shift starts at 6 am? But at 8 am, it just goes back to regular wage. Right?

And if I'm working TGiving 5:30-10 and coming back at 6 am, I get time and a half plus an extra dollar for that entire 6.5 hours?

Last edited:
So I get an extra dollar for 2 BF hours bc my shift starts at 6 am? But at 8 am, it just goes back to regular wage. Right?

And if I'm working TGiving 5:30-10 and coming back at 6 am, I get time and a half plus an extra dollar for that entire 6.5 hours?

No, you need at least 3 of the hours to be before 8am to get shift differential.

"A minimum of three hours between 10pm and 8am"

Time and a half only

Yes but it says "Team members will receive an extra $1 per hour for all hours worked on Thanksgiving Day through 8 am on Black Friday" under the Thanksgiving/Black Friday shift differential header. Nothing about 3 consecutive hours like the Overnight differential.

@HRZone

Last edited:
If they don't pay me right I'm going full Goodfellas on'em: "Fuck you, pay me!"

You'll get an extra $1 per hour for any hours worked thanksgiving through 8am on Friday. Plus time and a half on Thanksgiving.

Yes but it says "Team members will receive an extra $1 per hour for all hours worked on Thanksgiving Day through 8 am on Black Friday" under the Thanksgiving/Black Friday shift differential header. Nothing about 3 consecutive hours like the Overnight differential.

Oh good catch

If your a TL yes. If you are a tm then you also get it payed if you avg 32 hours if off. Everyone gets time and half on Thanksgiving.
It's 30 avg hours.

@HRZone
Correct! So the key time to work is pretty much exactly my schedule lol. 4pm-1am. I'll get time and a half for almost all of it (4pm-midnight). $1 shift differential thing for the whole shift. $1 overnight differential from 10pm-1am! I just need to make sure I don't clock out early and lose out on the overnight differential.

So I asked my HRTM if one would be paid for Thanksgiving if you had it off and average over 30 hours a week and was told, No. Was told only TL's get paid for that day. I thought if you are F/T you are paid for the day if you have it off. If you work that day you get paid time and a half.

So I asked my HRTM if one would be paid for Thanksgiving if you had it off and average over 30 hours a week and was told, No. Was told only TL's get paid for that day. I thought if you are F/T you are paid for the day if you have it off. If you work that day you get paid time and a half.
Your HRTM is incorrect.

Nd6pIFE.jpg

What is overnight shift differential? I work 4am-11:30am on thanksgiving

Here's the thing though, just because you average over 30 hours, that doesn't make you full time. You have to be hired or keyed as full time. You can still be part time and average over 30. My average is exactly 40, but I have never gotten holiday pay for a holiday I didn't work.

Here's the thing though, just because you average over 30 hours, that doesn't make you full time. You have to be hired or keyed as full time. You can still be part time and average over 30. My average is exactly 40, but I have never gotten holiday pay for a holiday I didn't work.
There is no such thing as full time or part time other than your average hours. Holiday pay (getting the 8 hours of pay whether you work or not) only applies to Thanksgiving and Christmas. If you are 100% sure that you didn't get it last Thanksgiving and Christmas and you know you averaged over 30 hours and had worked for Target for more than 6 months prior to those holidays, you should speak to your HR leader or STL about it.

There is no such thing as full time or part time other than your average hours. Holiday pay (getting the 8 hours of pay whether you work or not) only applies to Thanksgiving and Christmas. If you are 100% sure that you didn't get it last Thanksgiving and Christmas and you know you averaged over 30 hours and had worked for Target for more than 6 months prior to those holidays, you should speak to your HR leader or STL about it.

I'll look into it then, thank you

There is no such thing as keying someone as "part time" or "full time."

I also average exactly 40 and have received holiday pay for Thanksgiving and Christmas for the past few years.

So if I'm working from 5:30-9:30 on Thanksgiving, and 6-2:30 on Black Friday, I'd be getting paid for 6 hours on thanksgiving, and then 2 extra dollars on Black Friday?

Time and a half plus $1 for the 4 hours on Thanksgiving. Extra $1 for the 2 hours (6-8 am) of Black Friday.

At least that's the way I'm understanding it and I have almost the same exact schedule as you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back