Archived the bathroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you find a device that syncs your body's natural process to your own personal break & lunch schedule, let me know. Not to mention some areas don't always get a chance to take their 15 because it's too busy & there's too much to get done.
that is electronics right now, and besides i almost never have to go while on break.

Well that got off topic fast with the idiotic payroll calculations...this company can afford that with all the money it makes. Now what would be fair is to stop treating the stockholders like gold because they contribute almost NOTHING to the company. Everything this company has done is because of employees, whether they be in store or at corporate.

Also, my store doesn't have a TM only restroom, however the pharmacy restroom doesn't get much use and it's usually much less filthy than the main restroom.

How are my calculations idiotic? Or is it the idea behind it?

Of course the idea is idiotic. But don't you think the higher ups think about that while THEY are sitting on their toilets?

My all my stores had a main Men and Women restroom up front. A men and women restroom in the backroom. Then my super had a Family restroom.

I usually just wait until breaks or lunch, but sometimes it's easier to just hurry up and go and not worry that your bladder is going to explode out on the floor. My ETLs told us we can while on the clock if we're quick about it (using the ones in the backroom), and I've never noticed anyone abusing it. Besides, who knows who might have control problems from medical issues/post pregnancy/etc. that they can't hold it until a break.

Most of us never use the guest restrooms up front because people like to trash them quickly. This is really strange because no other stores around us seem to have that problem (including the Walmart that is a few blocks away) and it's not like front end lets them go, so what gives?

We also have a restroom inside the Pharmacy, as well as a pair of single-occupancy mens and womens restrooms in the rear fire tunnel in the backroom. It's my favorite place to check this site while on the clock!

(Only kidding, I'm way too busy for that - but I've seen Facebook posts from coworkers that coincide with their restroom visits, for shame!)

The restrooms in the backroom are much nicer because we all do a good job taking care of them. And if you run out of TP you can just scurry across the fire tunnel to the cleaning crew closet and fetch some more. I say this because a TM had to do that recently and another TM saw him from electronics and laughed (the swinging door was open when he darted across the hall.) This TM is notorious for not getting himself a walkie despite my constant nagging about that. I reminded him later that if he had one that morning, he could have called somebody to fetch it for him. LOL. Embarassment doesn't even begin to describe his reaction.

I had a guest ask if we had one in the back while the one up front was being clean and I'm like "No" and was about to say it was for TMs only but she sounded like the type of person who would go back there and ignore the rules and just use the bathroom so I was like "We don't, sorry."

At my store they used to direct guests to the TM restrooms in the back if they had to close one up front for any reason (cleaning, flooding, no hot water, etc.) They would do this at a moment's notice and they would never give the backroom a heads up. Many TMs speed back and forth across the fire tunnel with tubs or flats headed to the push line, and sometimes a guest will just randomly appear headed to the restroom. There have been so many close calls. Since our remodel we now have steel racking on both sides, so there is the added danger of crossing the fire tunnel with the wave or stacker. As the backroom power equipment trainer, I eventually got everyone on a program of honking and slowing down before crossing, and finally convinced guest service that it's too dangerous, especially for kids! :/

Oh, and I forgot the one outside. But that one is generally only available to TMs during 4th quarter. It mainly gets used when I'm outside in the cold for 3+ hours loading black friday pallets into storage containers and can't go inside without having to lock 6 containers back up. Not worth it just to go inside for 2 minutes. As a bonus, we usually move our non-ad paper products into the one closest to the receiving doors, so there's also a supply of TP on hand. Ha ha.

And yes, our store backs up to a vacant grassy lot. Too bad there isn't a WalMart there instead. :D

We have two TM restrooms: one in the backroom and one by the pharmacy and TSC. Only the front end TMs use the public restrooms because they're close.

DEVICE SCREENS ARE DIRTIER THAN TOILET SEATS. If you look down at your phone right now, there’s at least three finger smudges, questionable crumbs, and an eyelash for good measure. Think about how often you play on your screen in between trips to the bathroom, gym, office, and dinner table. Dirty touch screens are as common as cat pictures on Buzzfeed. Imagine you work the electronics department of a national retailer. If your phone is grosser than a toilet seat, then the display tablets and phone screens in stores are the edge of a port-a-potty on Sunday night of Lollapalooza. Sticky, unnaturally warm, and questionably smelly. Nice visual, right?

GLAD I Don't work in electronics... sorry electronics TM.

I am sure guests sometimes use the restroom near pharmacy, but it says right on the door that it is for TM's only, and I've never went to use it and had a guest be inside. I am positive no guests use the restrooms in our backroom, our APTL'd go nuts over guests in the backroom.

DEVICE SCREENS ARE DIRTIER THAN TOILET SEATS. If you look down at your phone right now, there’s at least three finger smudges, questionable crumbs, and an eyelash for good measure. Think about how often you play on your screen in between trips to the bathroom, gym, office, and dinner table. Dirty touch screens are as common as cat pictures on Buzzfeed. Imagine you work the electronics department of a national retailer. If your phone is grosser than a toilet seat, then the display tablets and phone screens in stores are the edge of a port-a-potty on Sunday night of Lollapalooza. Sticky, unnaturally warm, and questionably smelly. Nice visual, right?

I am willing to bet, that the most likely way to get sick working at Target is doing reshop... How many hands did that item go through before you put it back on the shelf?

Flow TM-> Backroom TM ---> Hardlines TM ----> Guest Hands ---> Cashiers hands ---> Cart Attendent/GSA/GSTLs hands ------> Your Hands...

At the least, that is 7 people on one item... and oh ya you have a full cart of reshop...

And its for Pharmacy..

I am willing to bet, that the most likely way to get sick working at Target is doing reshop... How many hands did that item go through before you put it back on the shelf?

Flow TM-> Backroom TM ---> Hardlines TM ----> Guest Hands ---> Cashiers hands ---> Cart Attendent/GSA/GSTLs hands ------> Your Hands...

At the least, that is 7 people on one item... and oh ya you have a full cart of reshop...

And its for Pharmacy..

How about handling money as a cashier? Cashiers deal with hundreds of bills and coins in a shift, and I'm sure a lot more than 7 people handle each bill or coin.

Cashiers deal with a lot more guests up close and personal as well.

My LOD is known to write team members up for loafing for using the bathroom outside a lunch or break period. He requires team members to get a doctors note to avoid a write up.

My LOD is known to write team members up for loafing for using the bathroom outside a lunch or break period. He requires team members to get a doctors note to avoid a write up.

Makes me glad that my store's management are actual human beings and don't get pissy about people going to the freaking bathroom.

Any LOD that called me out for "loafing" for using the restroom would get put on their ass. I wouldn't even care that I'd get fired afterwards, they'd deserve it.

Yeah I wouldn't believe that. Sorry I am adult I can pee when I need to, if not you can clean up the mess.

That can be illegal. What an ass. I do know he will go far in Target.
We thought it was illegal too but our STL confrimed it wasn't.

Only if they are in there for an excessive ammount of time...you telling me if i take a leak for 2 minutes i would get written up haha..please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back