Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently our metrics suck so our STL decided to ban people listening to music in the backroom.

Apparently he likes to go for the easy solution instead of figuring out any reason as to why the metrics suck.

Anyone else hate being called on walkie in the middle of pulling CAFs, and if it takes more than 3 seconds to reply you get a very agitated "BACKROOM!? Can you please respond?!"

...like, gee, sorry, I was grabbing a massive box of pillows off the very top shelf...my hands were a little full, and if I moved the wrong way the weight of the box would've pushed me off the ladder...but you're right- I definitely should've dropped everything to see what you wanted right then :rolleyes:

I had someone keep trying to get my attention after I said multiple times I was in the freezer, and that they should HOLD THEIR FRIGGIN' HORSES!

We could have a half dozen TMs in the backroom and still nobody respond until at least the 3rd call.

Apparently our metrics suck so our STL decided to ban people listening to music in the backroom.

Apparently he likes to go for the easy solution instead of figuring out any reason as to why the metrics suck.

I remember back when I first started, they let us play a radio in the back. It was nice, but they axed that after about a year. I think the reason they gave is shoppers could heard it and...they might not have liked hearing some barely audible top 40 pop music?

Anyway, we're allowed to listen to our phones/ipods. I hear sales floor isn't allowed to, but when I'm pushing CAFs, noone's ever said anything to me about it.

My asshole STL made a dick comment to me about my earbud (I only keep one in) after I didn't answer him over the walkie once. Um, perhaps he didn't notice I was outside opening and closing that obnoxious bed/bath/dom cube (which he would have known since the receiving door was open) and pushing a loud tub up concrete and may not have been able to hear his walkie crap for a few seconds. Nevermind, he could have said whatever he needed to say to me to my face since he was in the backroom and a few feet away from me after I got back inside 2 minutes later.

Have have mentioned I hate my STL? heh

I remember back when I first started, they let us play a radio in the back. It was nice, but they axed that after about a year. I think the reason they gave is shoppers could heard it and...they might not have liked hearing some barely audible top 40 pop music?
Lol we usually have classic rock blasting in receiving, and it can be clearly heard out on the sales floor through the doors that TMs and vendors are constantly going through.

Lol we usually have classic rock blasting in receiving, and it can be clearly heard out on the sales floor through the doors that TMs and vendors are constantly going through.
My assholes play loud metal and radio that swears more than their own foul mouths. The other day it was so loud I couldn't hear guests in seasonal...

My moron STL just asked me at 3PM "are you clear?" I'm baffled and ask clear of what? "Backstock" he says.

Uh, how the fuck would I know? Your LOG-ETL made me push from the line all day, ask him or the BRTL. Idiot, ugh!

Last edited:
3 hour CAF every hour, only 2 people scheduled in backroom after 3 pm. 7 pallets worth of SFS went out today too.

Half the back side of the line didn't get backstocked and the 11am CAFs rolled (first time I remember actually seeing that happen). The veteran BRTMs started calling for help at 11:50 but it was too late...

And it never ceases to amaze me just how fast the backroom can go from near-clean to looking like a backstock bomb went off.

Yeah and don't even get me started on SFS... We had to support help another store last week and we're probably going to need it ourselves soon.

We have 35+ pallets just of seasonal sitting in the backroom. Not even back-stocked. Hopelessly drowning in product.

My store apparently is going to call in reinforcements for flow and backroom. It's all because this company is run by greedy heartless pieces of shit. Flow and backroom are 2 days behind because everyone ran out of hours on Saturday and had to leave super early because if one person gets overtime, the world will end. That's one thing I hate about Target and retail in general. Bosses and corporate being so greedy that they refuse to do the logical and right thing. It's Christmas season. The store and company can afford overtime hours. The backroom has looked like a mess since Saturday. Dozens of pallets of freight that has not even been touched. It is an obstacle course in receiving. The backstock is a joke. Tons of it in shopping carts and tubs. It's not going to kill anyone if a flow or backroom team member works a couple of overtime hours so the backroom and receiving don't look like shit. I hate this shit. I will be so glad when I'm done with this crap.

We have 35+ pallets just of seasonal sitting in the backroom. Not even back-stocked. Hopelessly drowning in product.
We have ours sorted by Wrapping Paper, Ornaments, H. Candy and Various. We are slowly updating and pushing Seasonal out to decrease CAF and autofill times.

Despite that, we are taking on more double trucks to keep the store replinished. I got too many toys in my backroom. Main, recieving (floor, steels), and garden center.

toys-everywhere.gif

Any one want to adopt a toy? LOL

I was pushing pulls today and they were really light (literally why) so the nice backroom tm showed me how to backstock and pull single items with the mydevice so I could help guests without having to beg for a backroom tm to come help.

Our backroom has been in a state of constant chaos since before thanksgiving. Tons of unworked pallets floating around. We have had to resort to burning our CAFs in order to buy the salesfloor some time to work the 20+ pallets that have been hanging around for the last week. Oh, and there's nobody working on FFs after about 5pm unless we completely forget setting the truck line. Still no talk of OT at our store. Just solving one problem by creating another.

I was pushing pulls today and they were really light (literally why) so the nice backroom tm showed me how to backstock and pull single items with the mydevice so I could help guests without having to beg for a backroom tm to come help.
I always pull what I can if I have a PDA/MyDevice. BR has enough shit to do. Plus I mean I was kinda trained on how to pull/backstock for SFS...

We're taking truck a day straight till Xmas. Overtime is a way of life and still nothing is getting done well. We're pushing seasonal for 4x4, instocks is pushing truck, and we've got sftm back there to help flex. I put up twenty shelves extra the other night.

And I've got two zracks of robes in the backroom again. On top of the hanging bikinis and snow pants and msc yoga pants.

I always pull what I can if I have a PDA/MyDevice. BR has enough shit to do. Plus I mean I was kinda trained on how to pull/backstock for SFS...

I know how to pull, but most of the time I'll still call backroom to do it because they can pull it and bring it to the other end of the backroom while I walk down there. It gets the guest their item quicker and saves me some time.

Only time I will pull it myself is if I know for sure backroom is slammed or if I'm already close to the backroom.

How do you clear the line when one side is jammed full with pulls and the other is jammed full of pallets of truck freight? Magic? Super powers? I don't clear the line because I can't. There's no place for me to move shit. The pallets just have to stay where they are. Besides it's not productive. Better off just going straight to back stock and try to put a tiny dent in back stock. I will plug in the machines and the FF printer in the back. After the 6pm caf batches, it's price change batches, FF, plug in machines and ff printer, and back stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back