Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just locu the entire aisles and push it all out.

Our leadership hasn't dropped *any* seasonal batches this year. They're LOCUing and flexing it themselves. There's pretty much no STOed seasonal stuff right now. The *only* non-awful idea they've had this year.

For whatever reason I was scheduled dayside br for the first (and only) time today, and holy shit I wish our autofills were like the scheduled cafs

I was LOCUing Toys out this week but out ETL's were dropping seasonal batches in HOME that were absolutely massive. One batch I used something like 7-8 flats for.

Who could have guessed 2 hour price changes and making the closer leave at 8:30 would lead to 10+ backstock vehicles left for the night?...

The lady who normally pushes my pulls wasn't there tonight so they had another older woman fill in. Throughout the afternoon I thought the pulls seemed to be piling up a bit, but figured she must be having to do other things. Then I noticed the contents of the tubs seemed to be a bit jostled, but I didn't really think much of it.

At the end of the night I saw her with a shopping cart in the back, just kind of hovering around the pulls...she told me she prefers to put a few items in a shopping cart at a time and just work that because she doesn't like tubs/flats. :rolleyes: She probably spent more time sifting through the tubs deciding what to put in her cart than she did actually pushing stuff!!

Yesterday she pushed half a flat of freezer backstock into the cooler, where it was left for 45min without anyone noticing. We've got some real geniuses at my store right now.

Had something weird happen during a pull.

It was an assortment pack and it asked for 35 of them. I keyed in 1 since that's how many were there. It didn't take me to another location so I scanned everything else and m deleted when nothing else came up. After the m delete it kept me in the same location until I scanned the original assortment again and entered in the other 34.

I've had that happen with dvds. I typically just pull 1 at a time and burn it until it shuts up. I don't know what the deal is with that.

Today we cleared out our SPU Hold location. Apparently, some Backroom TMs had been doing the return to stock without actually removing the items from the hold location, so I had to go through every hold location with Order Inquiry on the myFA app and remove whatever didn't had any order details. I pushed about 8 carts of return to stock to the Service Desk. There was also a mountain of Ship To Store orders that sat untouched for most of the holiday season, it was a complete shit-show. I received a Ship to Store order that was placed on November 11th. It took me about 3 hours to make somewhat decent. I would've spent more time on it if I could, but my BRTL pulled me away to work on the disaster that is our infant/shoes/mens stockroom. I counted 11 carts of backstock for that stockroom alone, and that was when I was sent over to help at 1 when there had already been someone backstocking for 3 hours.

Today we cleared out our SPU Hold location. Apparently, some Backroom TMs had been doing the return to stock without actually removing the items from the hold location, so I had to go through every hold location with Order Inquiry on the myFA app and remove whatever didn't had any order details. I pushed about 8 carts of return to stock to the Service Desk. There was also a mountain of Ship To Store orders that sat untouched for most of the holiday season, it was a complete shit-show. I received a Ship to Store order that was placed on November 11th. It took me about 3 hours to make somewhat decent. I would've spent more time on it if I could, but my BRTL pulled me away to work on the disaster that is our infant/shoes/mens stockroom. I counted 11 carts of backstock for that stockroom alone, and that was when I was sent over to help at 1 when there had already been someone backstocking for 3 hours.
What in the actual fuck?? It takes some seriously high levels of dumbass to screw up that much of the flexible fulfillment process.

Sounds like your store needs someone to take ownership of the SPU and STS processes to get things back to where they should be and keep them that way.

Please pull the DVDs. I need to fill all locations.
And you are awesome for actually opening those boxes. But electronics TMs at my store (and I suspect many others) won't go anywhere near a DVD shipper that comes out on a pull. I could put a TMs car keys in the box and seal it back up, and he would probably just walk home rather than open the damn box.

Sounds like your store needs someone to take ownership of the SPU and STS processes to get things back to where they should be and keep them that way.

Yeah, now that the holiday season is over we are focusing on recovering and improving our metrics. Particularly our SPU and Instocks scores, which are absolutely abysmal (60% picked on time, wtf). It sounds like my TL wants to schedule me as Backroom every Friday, and will have me spend a couple of hours that shift focusing on the Flexible Fulfillment stockroom so that this shit doesn't happen again.

I hate when shippers come out in the CAFs, especially for entertainment and batteries. If only part of the shipper actually fits on the sales floor, the rest has to be backstocked as openstock, and ain't nobody got time space fo' dat.

And @Firefox, holy shit.

I hate when shippers come out in the CAFs, especially for entertainment and batteries. If only part of the shipper actually fits on the sales floor, the rest has to be backstocked as openstock, and ain't nobody got time space fo' dat.

And @Firefox, holy shit.
This is why my store doesn't even bother pulling assortments. We'll just backstock them again. Usually it's something Plano eventually pulls and sets

This is why my store doesn't even bother pulling assortments. We'll just backstock them again. Usually it's something Plano eventually pulls and sets

My TL told us to burn them if they come out in CAFs. If it were up to me, they'd only get pulled in POG fills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back