Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you prevent autos from dropping, though?

Also, what's the most efficient way of dropping manuals daily?

Dropping manuals instead of autos...so...why can't the autofill system figure out what needs to be pulled and have all of that just go into the autos?

There was one day recently when grc2 only pulled like 3 DPCIs in the autos. Later that day we dropped manuals for multiple areas (grc2 included) and 2 whole tubs came out. WHY would I have a 3 DPCI autofill batch that morning, and a TWO TUB manual batch that afternoon??

Target's system sucks.

Dropping manuals instead of autos...so...why can't the autofill system figure out what needs to be pulled and have all of that just go into the autos?

There was one day recently when grc2 only pulled like 3 DPCIs in the autos. Later that day we dropped manuals for multiple areas (grc2 included) and 2 whole tubs came out. WHY would I have a 3 DPCI autofill batch that morning, and a TWO TUB manual batch that afternoon??

Target's system sucks.
Because the trigger for the autos is small so items don't replenish until they are almost out on the floor. By having low triggers, you touch the product less because it is not pulled as frequently.

Do a manual 1 time and it will fill the floor back closer to capacity.

Target's system sucks.
The autofills pull items that are almost empty on the floor or are projected to sell through during the day. They should produce minimal backstock.

Manuals (depending on what type) fill everything to capacity, regardless of whether or not it is actually needed on the floor. They can produce a lot of backstock from unnecessarily opening casepacks.

And if the SFQ for an item is incorrect, it might not pull for autofills or manuals, which is why research and exfs are the best ways to fill the floor.

Manuals are best for quickly freeing up space in the backroom.

Hello backroom! I have a question? What is the most concrete definition for "burning batches"?

Today ETL-LOG pulled the caf report for the morning autofills and there was something really wrong. CNDY was a batch that contains 125 eaches but only took the puller to 5 locations to pull 20 items and the batch would be fulfilled. Would any of you guys know what's going on? I doubled checked if there were any other CNDY batches(research, POG, exf) but that was the only one.

Burning a batch is just pulling and re-stoing. Maybe there was casestock that got LOCU'd before pulling the batch?

Hard to go by the autofill monitor to really tell if someone's burning batches. There should be a burned batch report coming soon, he should just wait then to pick his battles with burned batches.

How would you prevent autos from dropping, though?

Also, what's the most efficient way of dropping manuals daily?
Let auto drop but do not pull, drop the manual and the auto goes away. We created a scan sheet and add a new fill group every day. Flow pushes. It's frightening at first when you see 2500 pcs are coming out out but the floor is full and your backroom is empty!! For us it also reduced the 3 oclock cafs or at least it as seemed to!!!

Sounds like they are hiding reshop.
Yeah, and its annoying because it makes the backroom look in worse condition than it already is. We've just been sticking pull clips on it and sending it out to the floor. Hopefully the opening SF people will get annoyed enough and the closing people will stop doing it. My TL sent out an email to all the other TLs so hopefully that takes care of it.

A scan sheet so you can drop a manual for the fillgroup easily? Not being able to drop manuals in the PDA is annoying. So if autos drop and I drop a chem manual, the the chem auto drops out?

A scan sheet so you can drop a manual for the fillgroup easily? Not being able to drop manuals in the PDA is annoying. So if autos drop and I drop a chem manual, the the chem auto drops out?
Yes, because the manual will pull everything that the auto would've and more.

Hello backroom! I have a question? What is the most concrete definition for "burning batches"?

Today ETL-LOG pulled the caf report for the morning autofills and there was something really wrong. CNDY was a batch that contains 125 eaches but only took the puller to 5 locations to pull 20 items and the batch would be fulfilled. Would any of you guys know what's going on? I doubled checked if there were any other CNDY batches(research, POG, exf) but that was the only one.
I dont understand what's wrong. They pulled 20 eaches from 5 locations?

Yes, because the manual will pull everything that the auto would've and more.
That just happened to us. Somebody dropped a mancaf during autofills, batch went away and mancaf was 1500 eaches. Nearly half came to backstock. Wasted 3 hours

That just happened to us. Somebody dropped a mancaf during autofills, batch went away and mancaf was 1500 eaches. Nearly half came to backstock. Wasted 3 hours
We are pretty decent about making sure our capacity are correct after a new set so the manuals haven't been a waste for us. We also have instocks working on them as well. We've dropped almost every fill group in the last 7 days. Once you start its pretty easy to maintain.

You can't tell if a batch was burned by looking at the caf report. It will generally list the correct amount of DPCIs that get pulled, but it will list the total eaches it needs to fill the floor. And that might be more than what's currently backstocked.

So it wanted 125 eaches to fill the floor, but there were only 20 backstocked.

You can't tell if a batch was burned by looking at the caf report. It will generally list the correct amount of DPCIs that get pulled, but it will list the total eaches it needs to fill the floor. And that might be more than what's currently backstocked.

So it wanted 125 eaches to fill the floor, but there were only 20 backstocked.
Exactly. The monitor will only evaluate what is expected to fill floor to capacity (or closest to) and what is physically pulled from the stockroom. It does not calculate sto quantity to pull ratio and is NOT a way to assume a TM is burning pulls. Our ETL-GE tried coaching a BRTM assuming they were burning CAFs. It was nothing more than an assumption.

We are pretty decent about making sure our capacity are correct after a new set so the manuals haven't been a waste for us. We also have instocks working on them as well. We've dropped almost every fill group in the last 7 days. Once you start its pretty easy to maintain.
Every fillgroup on 7 days? Whos pulling/when? When are they getting worked?

Every fillgroup on 7 days? Whos pulling/when? When are they getting worked?
Backroom pulls instead of autos, flow pushes. We also used in stocks to drop manuals during the day once RIGS are done. I know it seems like a lot but the benefits are huge! I guess what I don't understand is, if this is the direction our district wants to go why did we change then CAF cycle to begin with! Lol

Backroom pulls instead of autos, flow pushes. We also used in stocks to drop manuals during the day once RIGS are done. I know it seems like a lot but the benefits are huge! I guess what I don't understand is, if this is the direction our district wants to go why did we change then CAF cycle to begin with! Lol
I just can't see throwing more obstacles on top of our flow team. You must have a 30+ TM team.. we have 20 on a good day. Usually 15 or less...ive seen 2500pc trucks done by 8 before when payroll was all the STL and ETL-Log cared about for a few weeks

I just can't see throwing more obstacles on top of our flow team. You must have a 30+ TM team.. we have 20 on a good day. Usually 15 or less...ive seen 2500pc trucks done by 8 before when payroll was all the STL and ETL-Log cared about for a few weeks
Honestly it isn't adding more. We actually have a small team some days only 20 like yourself. The manuals get smaller everyday. Toughest day is non delivery days so we are very selective about (new fill groups) we drop. If flow can't manage we have in stocks help. But we have found that we are better able to actually research.
Trust me I was a non believer but now that we have been consistently on this process I really like it.

Last edited:
Honestly it isn't adding more. We actually have a small team some days only 20 like yourself. The manuals get smaller everyday. Toughest day is non delivery days so we are very selective about (new fill groups) we drop. If flow can't manage we have in stocks help. But we have found that we are better able to actually research.
Trust me I was a non believer but now that we have been consistently on this process I really like it.
Impressive!

No, the chem auto goes straight into the chem manCaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back