Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When dropping a manual do you fill to depth? Or is there another option. I did that for chem, 5 tubs and 2 3-tiers went out and 20 eaches came back.

Yes, we do fill for depth. Over time it gets smaller because we do it daily. Mondays are usually large but floor is full!!

Edit: your capacity must be accurate or pretty darn close or you will creating a ton of work for everyone!!

Last edited:
Ok since I am now doing BR because of e2e, how do you drop a manual caf? I know that sounds like a question I should ask someone at my store but I kinda dont because i want to learn how to work this with others knowing right so I can have plausable deniablity. thanks.

Ok since I am now doing BR because of e2e, how do you drop a manual caf? I know that sounds like a question I should ask someone at my store but I kinda dont because i want to learn how to work this with others knowing right so I can have plausable deniablity. thanks.
I think it goes like this:

MyDevice > scan an item > manage inventory > touch the fill group > it should give you different options and tell you how much is expected to pull

Don't do "fill for depth" unless you have 3+ hours of time to kill.

Did anyone else get a Workbench message the other day about CAF Timelines no longer being a metric? Asked around and nobody seems to know exactly what it means and I keep missing my ETL

Did anyone else get a Workbench message the other day about CAF Timelines no longer being a metric? Asked around and nobody seems to know exactly what it means and I keep missing my ETL

Yes it's going away.

Yes, but as usual nobody else at my store has noticed yet.

Yes, it means the timer that was set for Caf pulls (and other pulls) is no longer tracked. Why? I will assume e2e

I think it goes like this:

MyDevice > scan an item > manage inventory > touch the fill group > it should give you different options and tell you how much is expected to pull

Don't do "fill for depth" unless you have 3+ hours of time to kill.

Big thanks! Said BRTM, who Log-ETL wants to become BRTL, showed me how to backstock with MyDevice then explain why no one in the BR ever uses them. They love their PDAs. He Knows that I am a computer guru and figured its easier if I keep my device instead of PDA.

When the mydevice is working properly i like to use them but when they don't scan or are able to read the backroom location label its kind of a pain. When people first used the ipods they were creating all kinds of errors by stowing instead of removing when they took things out. Its better now. Prefer the pda because I can locu a location.

If you don't know how to drop a manual caf, that means you shouldn't be dropping manual cafs

Don't screw the BR over with a huge batch you cant pull

The Zebras come with attachable triggers which makes them great for backstocking. I prefer using take to get an item out instead of locu or subt.

I'm still surprised they restored a function like bcode but are fine with having removed SUBT. We really took that for granted.

Manuals are dope. Gives LODs something to do for midday beside sitting in the TSC.

The Zebras come with attachable triggers which makes them great for backstocking. I prefer using take to get an item out instead of locu or subt.

Only thing wrong with hitting take is it assumes your taking it to the floor and it changes the sfq.

I'm still surprised they restored a function like bcode but are fine with having removed SUBT. We really took that for granted.

Manuals are dope. Gives LODs something to do for midday beside sitting in the TSC.

Yeah, SUBT should have been brought back but tbh BCODE was a big deal for C&S stores that had to label their backstock. It just did not work with the MyDevices

If you don't know how to drop a manual caf, that means you shouldn't be dropping manual cafs

Don't screw the BR over with a huge batch you cant pull
know how to pull, and do one via pda. but people hoard devices so...i needed this for e2e. only person i screw is me now. sigh.

Anyone else have extremely low hours for BR on this 10 day out? We're under 150 where we might average 200.

Anyone else have extremely low hours for BR on this 10 day out? We're under 150 where we might average 200.
Yeah I'm at 150, once you take out my 40 and the closers hours, that leaves me about 80 hours for the rest of the week for 3 trucks and nontruck days pull/push autos...talk about unrealistic expecations.

Yeah I'm at 150, once you take out my 40 and the closers hours, that leaves me about 80 hours for the rest of the week for 3 trucks and nontruck days pull/push autos...talk about unrealistic expecations.
We've semi-given up on a closer. Most of my TMs are out around 430-5. I'd rather have people to come clean and do process stuff than pull some items for salesfloor.

I think all of our TMs are still at 40 that week, but there will be a TM on vacation.

Still no planning or training being done for the GOM rollout, so I guess we're not starting it that week.

Question: how does your store push/backstock BUCK? I have such a small area to work with in back and it's always red for loc accuracy. Before this last reset there were 5, maybe more!, dpcis tossed into wacos and it was nearly impossible to pull properly. I wanted to go no open stock, all casepack, write remaining number on the outside of the box, but that takes up too much space. Peer wanted to go unlocated and pull off the shelf as needed..but idk how I feel about that. Was considering using long skinny wacos, but there's plenty of buck that won't fit in those! Ugggh.

Question: how does your store push/backstock BUCK? I have such a small area to work with in back and it's always red for loc accuracy. Before this last reset there were 5, maybe more!, dpcis tossed into wacos and it was nearly impossible to pull properly. I wanted to go no open stock, all casepack, write remaining number on the outside of the box, but that takes up too much space. Peer wanted to go unlocated and pull off the shelf as needed..but idk how I feel about that. Was considering using long skinny wacos, but there's plenty of buck that won't fit in those! Ugggh.
We don't backstock BUCK at all here. Full case packs are all just kept on tub(s) and as there is time/room to push it, it all gets put out.

I have about 32 6x24 closed Waco's for open and about 16 shelves for close.

As for push we have one person pushing on truck days and he goes in the back and pulls out what he needs if he needs more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back