Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soo, when I know that the only sales floor location is a display for that 50 inch + tv,,,that will only go out to come back again, to be back stocked,,,,I'm gonna "suspect item" all day long.

Or you have someone with a zebra change the capacity and you suspect item one time.

Or you have someone with a zebra change the capacity and you suspect item one time.
Even with capacity set at zero, if we sell one, it still prompts the system to pull...
We have the same issue. I'll pull it then leave it on the floor next to the steel for some one else to back stock.

We just burn all assortments, TV's, funiture can shit like MM2 batches when a ton of the same DVD tries to come out

That doesn't make sense. I never had TVs in my autofills at my old store (aside from little 32's). Something wrong there
Not really. Someone wants a 55 on the display, we pull if for the guest and assuming there is more than one in the back, it drops into the cafs because the system thinks the one on the floor location was sold

Not really. Someone wants a 55 on the display, we pull if for the guest and assuming there is more than one in the back, it drops into the cafs because the system thinks the one on the floor location was sold
Why would you take a display if you have on in the back?

Why would you take a display if you have on in the back?
You misunderstood

Guest sees big TV on wall
Guest wants that tv
We pull it from the back
The other tv located back there will drop into the cafs because the system thinks the guest bought it from the floor

If your TV's don't drop into the cafs that means plano fucked up and the TVs on the wall aren't located. All displays should be located because they can be sold once they go discontinued.

How terribly inefficient that is. We changed all our display only items: TVs, furniture, seating to 0 capacity and NEVER had them in CAFs. It's not wrong. Why would anyone design a system that way? What a waste. As Instocks I have set things to 0 capacity where POG had to adjust a planogram around a building structure and those items never refill. We set seasonal patio furniture to 0 capacity. It works. No argument against it.

Our TVs don't drop into the pulls, don't know what you all are doing wrong.
This happens at my store and we aren't doing anything wrong.

How terribly inefficient that is. We changed all our display only items: TVs, furniture, seating to 0 capacity and NEVER had them in CAFs. It's not wrong. Why would anyone design a system that way? What a waste. As Instocks I have set things to 0 capacity where POG had to adjust a planogram around a building structure and those items never refill. We set seasonal patio furniture to 0 capacity. It works. No argument against it.
I don't think it happens with EVERY display item where the capacity is set to zero, but it does happen at least a few times a week. I've personally checked capacities on items where this happens, and I've seen other TMs swear up and down that they checked it recently at it was all set to zero.

If this doesn't happen to everyone, then congrats you guys have it great at your stores, and I guess it's just one of the weird quirks of mine.

I wonder if pulling a TV under guest/sf request triggers a pull as opposed to defective/out of date. Or if changing SFQ to some ridicously high number like 99 would mess with things too much.

The TVs are definitely located. Any other excuses?
Your store is broke?

Your items that on display that sell don't drop into cafs? How is your tv wall filled. Something isn't right there, and trust me, I lost to figure out how that's done

I wonder if pulling a TV under guest/sf request triggers a pull as opposed to defective/out of date. Or if changing SFQ to some ridicously high number like 99 would mess with things too much.
I actually thought of that yesterday when I was pulling a crib for a guest. I used the guest request option and I'm going to check on Monday to see what the last pull date was.

That's a good idea, hadn't thought about how it affected the system since the accumulator system was kilt.

The TVs are definitely located. Any other excuses?
You tell us Tall Guy, I've asked this same question 100 of times...happens with our display only location on the floor, go ahead test it out,,,Subt a 50 + tv from the back, of course clicking on guest request, and providing you have 2 or more of the same dpci, do this before your bulk electronics caf..watch that display only location, try to get filled..

Should be blue button then z

Blue + Z was for the PDA screen backlight which was neat to learn, but Blue + X toggled the button backlights. Thanks for pointing me in the right path, though. All this time I thought CTRL was the button to use to access the secondary options.

Do you guys take 15m breaks, by the by? My TL has been spreading the word that backroom can't take 15m breaks but that really doesn't sound right.

Do you guys take 15m breaks, by the by? My TL has been spreading the word that backroom can't take 15m breaks but that really doesn't sound right.
Yes. Sometimes it may be during the last 15 minutes of the shift, but yes.

Go to your ETL-HR and say "hey [TL name] said backroom doesn't get to take 15s. Is that really true?"

Breaks are one of the few things that I think any ETL takes seriously and wouldn't dare get in the way of.

I almost never take breaks. Just first lunch.. But at that same time I would never tell a tm not to take a break... I might ask them to push it back but that was back when we had hourly cars.They are legally entitled to it.

They are legally entitled to it.
In many states they actually aren't. But Target policy requires it and it's the sort of thing that they take seriously (like meal compliance).

So you appear in the burn report if you backstock something you pulled in the same day

Thats bullshit

So you appear in the burn report if you backstock something you pulled in the same day

Thats bullshit

Definitely not the same day- the period is WAY shorter than that (unless each store can set how long of a tracking period they want?)

I know for sure I had a handful of items last week that I backstocked (still logged in on the same PDA) within an hour of pulling it, at least one was in the same location, and I didn't have any suspect items on this last report.

There were two items in particular that I gave my TL a heads up about because I knew they'd show up on the report since it was maybe within 10-15min (nothing shady on my part- just tiny batches and they didn't fit in the floor, so I just backstocked them right where I pulled them from since there were still some of the same dpci in that Waco), but nope- nothing.

I really think that if you're doing your job even somewhat reasonably well you have absolutely nothing to worry about with this report even if you do end up with a handful of suspect items, unless you have an idiot/tyrant for a TL/ETL.

We did a test and we set aside a box of macoroni from the 1s. We backstocked before price change dropped and it showed up in the system.

That's plenty of time for the item to be normaly pushed wrong and brought back for backstock.

We're also don't a test now to see if one pulls send item, and someone else backstocks soon, if it'll show up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back