Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo, did anyone else have every Up&Up diaper go on clearance??? That was a fun pull. "Oh, it'll just take 11 minutes!" says the computer. HA! HA HA HA HAAAA!

I don't even check the timer for price change as it's a complete crap shoot on how long it will take. I have pulled a 90 DPCI women's in a little over 30 minutes and have had a 10 DPCI paper take almost an hour due to the sheer amount of it we had (around 8 pallets or so).

My favorite was a BBO2 pull a couple of years ago that was 185 DPCIs and the system said it should only take 1:15 to pull. 3 hours and 5 flats (2 of which were literally nothing but repacks of loose stock) later.....

When I used to work backroom I always enjoyed pulling the diapers from the upper locations and just tossing them to the ground.

I've destroyed a few diaper boxes like that over time. That's what happens when the pull time for the CAF is 1:40 and I'm the only backroom TM from 12-7!

How does an item come out on a pull, but have no location. It was active not on planogram .

Someone can correct if I'm wrong but I remember running into this on sets that were upcoming (like within a few days but hadn't been tied yet) or had the plano team had screwed up and broken the tie for a brand new set so the spot where it was supposed to be had disappeared.

It is going off of the previous years information, to correct this just reset the accumulator with SUBT.

How does an item come out on a pull, but have no location. It was active not on planogram .

Someone can correct if I'm wrong but I remember running into this on sets that were upcoming (like within a few days but hadn't been tied yet) or had the plano team had screwed up and broken the tie for a brand new set so the spot where it was supposed to be had disappeared.

It is going off of the previous years information, to correct this just reset the accumulator with SUBT.

Or they tied and dropped batches then the tie was deleted in between the time it was broken and pulled.

My favorites are we have "0" on hands but with backroom locations.

Hopefully the new TMs weren't left to handle pulling that big diaper batch at my store. Over the last two weeks I've found two pallets of furniture and a full three-tier cart of assorted open-stock that didn't get pulled. I'm sure the price change team LOVED the additional workload on top of what they already had to sort through.

God. We had a guy switch from morning to closing BR and he was pulling Price Change for the first time. We look and saw 5. He was like, " this'll be easy" Next thing you know, "jb i need your help" I ask what for, and he says, well, we gotta pull about 250 boxes of daipers lmao.

5 flats, 2 tubs 2 pallets and 1hr and 40m later we were done. I couldn't not imagine doing that alone. We pretty much set a throw and catch system where he threw them and I caught them and put them on the pallet. It was a good workout since I didn't work flow that day.

On second thought, the guys at my store had it easy. Most of our diapers are at a warehouse and are already on pallets. Though in the spring, we had to pull every pull-ups diaper in the store which still took me and one other TM about 45 minutes. That was a doozie.

Anyone know how bad the price change was tonight(Tuesday) and how bad it will be for Wednesday?

I was off today but today was inventory at my store. I'm just worried that no one pulled the price change because of inventory and that I will have the joyful experience of pulling both the Tuesday and Wednesday price change on Wednesday night.

An ETL at our store informed us that we would be testing out adding certain food items to be eligible for FF. I couldn't resist letting out an "OH HELL NO". Wait until the first big storm hits. Pulling cases of water (and finding a place to store them) is going to be a nightmare.

I got slaughtered with price change tonight. As I expected, no one pulled the price change from Tuesday night because it was inventory and my store sucks ass. I think I broke a record today. I pulled 39 price change batches today. There were 17 batches for Tuesday night and 22 batches tonight. I had 9 pallets and 3 flats tonight. I noticed the 17 price change batches around 1pm and at 130pm, I started to pull some. I got it down to 5 batches by 6pm. Took me 4 hours from 6pm to 10pm to finish all of the batches. My store would be screwed on price change if I didn't work there. No other backroom team member would have stayed til 10pm to finish that shite. I know Monday thru Fridayer wouldn't have. I would have loved to see her reaction after she found out she would have to pull 39 price batches.

Our DTL was requiring us to pull D-code for specific sections every day for a while... made price change batches nice and small. But that went out the window (along with empty loc audits, low and pro, etc) as soon as BTS reared its ugly head, and everything went out the window and won't be done until January when it slows down.

I would love it if Tuesdays and Wednesdays in the backroom were rotated on opening and closing shifts. I would love to see certain backroom team members handle pulling 39 price change batches in 1 day and stay til 10pm. I bet no one in my store would have stayed that late. The Monday thru Fridayer opener would have probably cried and ran to the front and said she couldn't do all of it. If a dumbass from the morning backroom had to do it, one of them probably would have thrown a fit. It's easy to sit back, relax, and half ass it when you're in a group of 4 or more. Like me, I'm usually working with one person or solo so the workload is always heavy.

I would love it if Tuesdays and Wednesdays in the backroom were rotated on opening and closing shifts. I would love to see certain backroom team members handle pulling 39 price change batches in 1 day and stay til 10pm. I bet no one in my store would have stayed that late. The Monday thru Fridayer opener would have probably cried and ran to the front and said she couldn't do all of it. If a dumbass from the morning backroom had to do it, one of them probably would have thrown a fit. It's easy to sit back, relax, and half ass it when you're in a group of 4 or more. Like me, I'm usually working with one person or solo so the workload is always heavy.
I closed for 3 years / morning for 3. I don't think one is easier than the other. Different problems/workload for both.

I have to ask, where was your D-code? We had a crap ton of those diapers pulled as PTM. We filled a valley in BTS with them, and had not much to pull for pricing.

Just asking?

If it's anything like my store, PTMs don't get pulled because there is no time to pull it and sure as hell no time to work it. I used to pull them at night, but then I was told to only backstock, no pulls.

I was actually just gone for about a week and when I got back the early am TM said I could have nights! I picked a good week because of the PC workload. The thing I don't like about truck is that it seems like the backstock is never ending. At least at night, everything is already back there (usually an entire truck).

I have to ask, where was your D-code? We had a crap ton of those diapers pulled as PTM. We filled a valley in BTS with them, and had not much to pull for pricing.

Just asking?
They left all our diapers on pallets. We were told not to put anything in BTS because they reset mini this week and are resetting everything but the back wall next week. All BTS clearance, patio clearance, etc. Is getting crammed in the back wall and we have 6 pallets of diapers and nowhere to put them besides an endcap and the home. Especially since the shoe reset.. we now have kids shoes on convertibles in infants closest to shoes... hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back