Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And my backroom tm hates me because theres 10 pallets of clearance in his way..and he thinks I can push all 10, and do 60 hours of work in 40.. especially since the forecast tool is not working... the backroom is a disaster and I think me as price change is more worried about cleaning up/consolidating and organizing back there than him.. all he wants to do is say price change is going to let it go salvage from the back and make it worse by throwing non clearance-needs to be marked on our already marked.. ugh

I saw a breakdown of plan hours and was pleasantly surprised to see BR hours were like double of what they called for.

But that makes me wonder what genius thinks that amount of hours would actually work.

Backroom shouldn't be pulling any EXFs, POGs, or ptm after 5pm. The focus should be on price change, back stock, and cleaning up the back side of the line after the 5pm caf pulls. No exceptions.

Backroom shouldn't be pulling any EXFs, POGs, or ptm after 5pm. The focus should be on price change, back stock, and cleaning up the back side of the line after the 5pm caf pulls. No exceptions.

This. Sales floor team is trying to clear the line after the 5:00 pulls, then get to their evening zone so they can leave on time. Not much point in pulling EXFs/POGs if nobody is going to be around to push them out. One ETL asked me to clear the gun of EXFs before 8:30 pm (this was around 8 pm). 1) not enough time to pull them all 2) nobody to push the stuff out anyway, so there's no reason to pull them. I rolled my eyes and pulled a couple batches just to get him off my back. They were still sitting on the line when I left at 10:30.

If POG and BR both come at 6 am, don't you think POGs should be pulled the night before?

The freezer was an obstacle course this weekend at my store. I always love it when flow team and bakery block backroom locations in the freezer with pallets.

This. Sales floor team is trying to clear the line after the 5:00 pulls, then get to their evening zone so they can leave on time. Not much point in pulling EXFs/POGs if nobody is going to be around to push them out. One ETL asked me to clear the gun of EXFs before 8:30 pm (this was around 8 pm). 1) not enough time to pull them all 2) nobody to push the stuff out anyway, so there's no reason to pull them. I rolled my eyes and pulled a couple batches just to get him off my back. They were still sitting on the line when I left at 10:30.

HAHA...dont you love when the LOD or other ETLS/TLs do that crap. Oh hey you can totally just do that right...oh and you can probably get them all worked out, I mean 30 minutes is a really long time, what are you really slow or something

If POG and BR both come at 6 am, don't you think POGs should be pulled the night before?

No....what happens when there is a truck...where are you going to put all that crap...POG has to actually set it before pushing it out right...unless the POG is set and empty and ready to go....but I dont have much experience in this...that is correct right?

I mean Pricing allready has their stuff on the line, and who knows what else on the line or around the backroom. Our stores backroom is pretty small and narrow so I have no idea where we would put all that stuff on a truck day

We DO pull pricing at night for the morning....I got lucky this past week but one of my coworkers said he had to pull like 3 flats and 2 pallets of price change one night...said it took him from when he got back from lunch to when he left

I don't mind pulling pogs and exfs if they are going to get worked. If not, then I'm just doing busy work in my opinion. At my store, the line is usually full of pulls at 6pm. I used to give a shit and say how many pulls are on the line or for someone to please come work them. Now, I don't care. Besides, the sales floor has enough to do with cleaning up messes, babysitting guests, and checking guests out. They don't need me bitching about the line being full of pulls.

can someone even tell me how to check my pull times? i went to work bench but i can't seem to find my way to. is there a link or search word i can use?

Pull times are under autofill monitor in the replenishment workload tool. You can find this by going to the PULL process guides/tools or searching "rwt" on workbench.

I haven't read but the last few pages of this thread so INCOMING mini rant.

-our backroom is held accountable for making sure the push is done and that the line is set. My understanding is that we are not supposed to be held accountable for the push and are supposed to clear receiving, not set the line as well.

-ETLs don't seem to grasp the concept of keep the sales floor pushing after the 7s drop. It's not uncommon for me to pull the 7s, clear receiving/set the line, push meat/frozen/dairy, push the 7s and leave a crap ton of backstock. And if price change is huge the ETL tells me not to pull, just focus on pushing or backstocking.

-I've given feedback to my TL and ETL-log that if the sales floor finished the pushes, and I didnt have to SET the line that I'd be getting my backstock done. Lately there's been more consistency with the sales floor finishing the 7p push.

-whenever the soft lines TL is there and I announce that green has x pulls, blue has x pulls, softlines has x pulls, she'll respond with "ok we'll get it in a minute". 9 times out of 10 my 5pm pull is adding onto the 12pm pull for soft lines. Blue side miiiight get pushed before 5pm if the wind blows from the southeast and no bear is spotted in the woods behind wal mart.

-our backroom is held accountable for making sure the push is done and that the line is set. My understanding is that we are not supposed to be held accountable for the push and are supposed to clear receiving, not set the line as well.

-ETLs don't seem to grasp the concept of keep the sales floor pushing after the 7s drop. It's not uncommon for me to pull the 7s, clear receiving/set the line, push meat/frozen/dairy, push the 7s and leave a crap ton of backstock. And if price change is huge the ETL tells me not to pull, just focus on pushing or backstocking.

-I've given feedback to my TL and ETL-log that if the sales floor finished the pushes, and I didnt have to SET the line that I'd be getting my backstock done. Lately there's been more consistency with the sales floor finishing the 7p push.

-whenever the soft lines TL is there and I announce that green has x pulls, blue has x pulls, softlines has x pulls, she'll respond with "ok we'll get it in a minute". 9 times out of 10 my 5pm pull is adding onto the 12pm pull for soft lines. Blue side miiiight get pushed before 5pm if the wind blows from the southeast and no bear is spotted in the woods behind wal mart.
You are in the back so you are responsible to communicate to the LOD that there are still pulls on the line and how many there are. Push is always number one priority, so make sure that is done before you pull price changes or backstock. UNLESS you are aware that salesfloor will be able to finish push.

As the day shift, you are to clear and set the line.

If the price change is large before a truck day, I wouldn't pull it. If it is small I will. Of course, I work at low volume.

I always take my Softline pulls out to the fitting room, else it will just sit in my backroom.

Priority at my store follows. Pulling autofill, Pushing, price change, cardboard,organizing tubs, backstock+zone. Of course it can change depending on the situation. For example today we had around 13 tubs of cardboard, so i did that instead of price change.

You are in the back so you are responsible to communicate to the LOD that there are still pulls on the line and how many there are. Push is always number one priority, so make sure that is done before you pull price changes or backstock. UNLESS you are aware that salesfloor will be able to finish push.

As the day shift, you are to clear and set the line.

If the price change is large before a truck day, I wouldn't pull it. If it is small I will. Of course, I work at low volume.

I always take my Softline pulls out to the fitting room, else it will just sit in my backroom.

Priority at my store follows. Pulling autofill, Pushing, price change, cardboard,organizing tubs, backstock+zone. Of course it can change depending on the situation. For example today we had around 13 tubs of cardboard, so i did that instead of price change.

I inform the LOD every hour how many pulls are on each side.

It's not in the backroom training or the core roles for the backroom to push the pulls. A lot of people seem to overlook that fact. The fact we get held accountable for the core roles of another position is ridiculous.

Reached 20k pulls recently

Is there a way to track our lifetime pulls? Because that would be awesome. My guestimation math would be around 58k for me

You can go on workbench under the Backroom tab and look for BRLA TM detail, it should be a blue link on the top right corner. I believe you can pull up historical data too. It shows your accuracy and the amount of DPCIs you have pulled.

My brothers and sisters. Gather around this post for I need counseling and some light shed on a situation.

Now... I've noticed over the past week or so updates and menu changes in the PDA's. There is new button in the FF menu. It made me cringe and in my mind shed a cerebral tear...

It reads.

"Pack & Ship"

bVB0Qrj.gif

Yeah, Pack & Ship is making me a little nervous. We recently opened FF up to grocery items, but I have yet to pull any.

Chopping my hours in half for school has made my life so much better, though, I can tell y'all that much.

My STL said upcoming is guests will be able to order from our store and have the order shipped to them from the store......yes that would incude packing....

Last time I was at a huddle, my STL said our store was not doing Pack & Ship. But a ULV store in our district is. Where is that payroll coming from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back