Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here know how to price a single BR location label for a waco? i was doing cafs today and got stuck because one of the labels were missing

Don't you go to the store applications icon on a computer and use STO01 as the name and password and then go backroom menu then go to print backroom locations and put the location in and print? I do it all the time because people hide or lose the location fixtures in the freezer.

That's how it's done? I though there would be a way to print it from a PDA. I do see printer paper with a location label on it in a waca as a temp thing but i;d rather replace the whole thing to save trouble later

Anyone here know how to price a single BR location label for a waco? i was doing cafs today and got stuck because one of the labels were missing

At my store, we have a binder that has barcodes for every stockroom location for use when one is in a hurry. But as Jack suggested, you'll have to print new labels on the Sign & Label PC using Store Applications.

Ok, can that print the stick labels aswell? Because our small printers have the label tapes if needed

If you want it printed on a sticker label, you have to insert the sticker label in the printer

Either way it doesn't matter as long as you print it out and scan it. When I print backroom locations, I usually just print it in a piece of paper.

Grab a Portable printer and the correct roll. Go to uhh i think its stockroom management( or something similar to that) and selection "create location" type in the information exactly as the waco used to say. Then you group it to right area aka lower or upper case/ open stock. then that sucker is ready to print.

oh, ok. I did that before but after I entered all the information the PDA kept going back to home rfapp screen. It must of been my pda

You can use BRLM while in RF apps to create, group, and delete backroom locations. You can print the labels out of a portable or the computer.

Fuck logging in under STO01, use the STL log in, then give yourself access to any of the options you want. It's SMG12.

After I do BRLM and input the info should it ask for the printer number? it didn't when I tried it earlier so I never got to print anything.

After I do BRLM and input the info should it ask for the printer number? it didn't when I tried it earlier so I never got to print anything.
if your creating location labels and you input the data

for example 01A060B25,

it will ask if you want to print on MAIN or PORTABLE. If you select portable, you can scan the barcode on the printer or input the printer number.

Yea, that can happen... ALOT. just restart your pda and have that be the first thing you go to.
Can't tell ya why it does that jump.

4187100263_58d6d0a221.jpg

Recently my store started having the salesfloor team help push the CAFs (we had to do them before). This is awesome and I've been able to get a lot more work done than usual. However, I'm noticing they bring back a ridiculous amount of backstock. So much so that I'm 90% sure they aren't pushing to every location and maybe not even checking certain items period. Now I don't want to cause problems with those that are helping with my job, but I feel like something needs to be done because product isn't getting pushed which means less sales which means less hours which means less people to help.

Yep. Happens to me everyday. You can try to audit, maybe on your way to break, but it's not even worth the trouble. It is aggravating though.

Recently my store started having the salesfloor team help push the CAFs (we had to do them before). This is awesome and I've been able to get a lot more work done than usual. However, I'm noticing they bring back a ridiculous amount of backstock. So much so that I'm 90% sure they aren't pushing to every location and maybe not even checking certain items period. Now I don't want to cause problems with those that are helping with my job, but I feel like something needs to be done because product isn't getting pushed which means less sales which means less hours which means less people to help.

Lazy CAF pushers, capacities being off and accumulator being off and locations being torn down(end caps) and ties not broken are common reasons CAF's come back as back stock.

My job has gone from having a list of duties to cleaning up after early morning. I come into empty boxes lined up against the wall, the baler "full", dock door open, rollers inside trailer, pin lock not changed, trash and empty boxes everywhere, and the line a mess and full of full vehicles.

This company is a joke. You have to fight just to get simple tasks done anymore. Stores need to crack down and purge the lazy / slow employees. But that will never happen because I just described management and they just get babied all day.

Best tm na, do you work at my store? I have to fight and sweat and bust my butt to do any task. I have scavange and fight for equipment. I have to bust my butt to get my lunch or break too. Having your work dictate when you get a break is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back