Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, if we're 40% under sales, we're going to have less hours, therefore, less money.

I only make money for the hours I work. I don't receive any commissions or bonuses. It's shitty retail. Monkeys could do the tasks of retail workers.

This seems relevant:

Preach!

The very narrow view some people have is what will never let them go beyond a crap job. I know it's a crap job. It has no relation on how I do that job. I work a cap job for reasons that have nothing to do with the job beyond the hours I do said job.

Last edited:
Is anyone in a store that has been piloting Sales Floor Quantity? How is it working out for you?

First thing I'm doing when we get SFQ at my store though, is changing the quantities of the naan on bakery table from whatever it is now, to one or two. Shit don't sell and I'm not putting it all out to QMOS it later.

Not in a store but I've been talking to people about it.. Should we start a mega thread? :p

Bro last time I pulled a planogram from the freezer ended up being a game of playing Tetris with two tier carts and a pallet full of ice and a pallet of vendor ice cream. Then slipping through the cracks of it all while freezing my ass of, which didn't feel so bad at first due to the fact my store like to run its AC system at a high temp and/or not at all. While refusing to wear a coat which has been put on God knows how many times. A quick 5 minute pull ended up being a 25 minute or more task. moving 4 carts in certain manners just to fit one in to make a pull while keeping the freezer closed is just ridiculous

Can not begin to describe the resentment I have for our O/N team and respective leadership. I don't know nor does one care for the amount of call outs they had this time around. O/N acknowledge two trucks last night yet only managed to push 1/2 of one. They canceled the next shipment and are resuming those trailers as I type this message.

Is anyone in a store that has been piloting Sales Floor Quantity? How is it working out for you?

My store is participating in the pilot. I haven't had many chances to deal with it myself because back-up cashing, but our plano team spent a day updating capacities and floor counts in HBA.

Not in a store but I've been talking to people about it.. Should we start a mega thread? :p

There has been mention of it in the MyDevice thread, but it will probably need its own thread before long.

My store is participating in the pilot. I haven't had many chances to deal with it myself because back-up cashing, but our plano team spent a day updating capacities and floor counts in HBA.

There has been mention of it in the MyDevice thread, but it will probably need its own thread before long.
That thread has started already, after my devices.
SFQ | The Break Room

Last edited:
Today was such an interesting day. Apparently, my store got tested with some new pulling process. Haven't read about it, personally.

Pulled 3 Dom and 7 pallets of Christmas POGs. Why? Never finished.

Followed that up

11 am CAFs were 5:48
12p pm 41:57
1 pm 39:00
2 pm 38:37
3 pm 3:39
4 pm 0.55
5 pm 0:34

As usual my "fave" LOD was barely anywhere to be found as the line got cluttered. He disappeared after 1pm.

The things I have to do for Spot.

Today was such an interesting day. Apparently, my store got tested with some new pulling process. Haven't read about it, personally.

Pulled 3 Dom and 7 pallets of Christmas POGs. Why? Never finished.

Followed that up

11 am CAFs were 5:48
12p pm 41:57
1 pm 39:00
2 pm 38:37
3 pm 3:39
4 pm 0.55
5 pm 0:34

As usual my "fave" LOD was barely anywhere to be found as the line got cluttered. He disappeared after 1pm.

The things I have to do for Spot.
Was it the transition from the accumulator to Sales Floor Quantity? We are getting that any day now and the ETL-LOG is expecting massive pull times when it hits.

I got word our Cafs are changing. The 7pm cafs are going away but they are starting the cafs at 10 am instead of 11.

The 5pms were typically pretty small so I assume they'll be adjusted to be significantly bigger.

@SFSFun

Yeah, that sounds like it. Our CAFs was impacted by the system's set up in according to how the POGs are tied and set. If neither process is used, the system will pull everything to fill it.

As for the sizes, we pulled what we could that dropped into the next hour, in addition to the regular sales. By 3pm, the accumulator went back to normal.

I got word our Cafs are changing. The 7pm cafs are going away but they are starting the cafs at 10 am instead of 11.

The 5pms were typically pretty small so I assume they'll be adjusted to be significantly bigger.

Heard the same news today in addition to us having 6pm cafs as well. Good luck everyone.

Corporate needs to stay out of the backroom. I hate those ass fucks. Always making it more difficult and miserable to work in the backroom than it already is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back