Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are HB01, HB02, COSM, and PHAR back stocked on the grocery side when they're all hardlines items?

We have a whole separate room for ours. All of those and BUCK are stowed up front. The only things that go into the actual back room are shippers.

I wish our backroom was more centralized. We have separate stockrooms for Mens/Infant/Shoes, one for Electronics, and one for Womens/Boys/Girls/Accs. It's a pain to go to three different stockrooms to pull those batches.

I'm new to the Backroom team at Target. I've tried to look for training manuals in the clerical office but I wasn't able to find any information regarding the backroom job duties. Do you have any links to a detailed/prioritized manual on being a Backroom TM? I would greatly appreciate it. I have been working an 8 AM - 4 PM, and a 6 PM - 10 PM shift!

I'm new to the Backroom team at Target. I've tried to look for training manuals in the clerical office but I wasn't able to find any information regarding the backroom job duties. Do you have any links to a detailed/prioritized manual on being a Backroom TM? I would greatly appreciate it. I have been working an 8 AM - 4 PM, and a 6 PM - 10 PM shift!

Did your store not give you any training? Anways, here is a link to a well put together guide made by @asidius. It was made about 6 months ago so everything is still current.

https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/dayside-backroom-mid-shift.11907/

Did your store not give you any training? Anways, here is a link to a well put together guide made by @asidius. It was made about 6 months ago so everything is still current.

https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/dayside-backroom-mid-shift.11907/

Thank you! The store has given me some training but I have been trying to get the gist of all that I'm supposed to be doing. I've mostly been trained on Pulling CAF's, backstocking, and FA's. I just want to be ahead of where I am at now because I may be on my own soon.

I just noticed one thing that most of the items I backstocked right away would appear in the Scheduled CAF's to be pushed again. Is that normal?

Thank you! The store has given me some training but I have been trying to get the gist of all that I'm supposed to be doing. I've mostly been trained on Pulling CAF's, backstocking, and FA's. I just want to be ahead of where I am at now because I may be on my own soon.
That's the gist of it for now. You'll pick up other stuff as you go on, but for now just focus on doing those three things accurately and quickly.

I just noticed one thing that most of the items I backstocked right away would appear in the Scheduled CAF's to be pushed again. Is that normal?
Welcome to the Target Backroom Nightmare :)

Welcome to the Target backroom, where you spend 2 hours backstocking into BB02 only to have it come out as an hour long in the 11 oclock CAFs.

Why are HB01, HB02, COSM, and PHAR back stocked on the grocery side when they're all hardlines items?

Some might argue that those items could be considered consumable. Obviously not edible (except in the case of oral meds), but consumable. But it's more likely a case of ASANTS.

O is for over the counter stuff. Bbo could be for body building?

BBO1/2 are baby stuff. Exercise equipment is in BIKE.

As long as you know the proper procedures for pulling, pushing, backstocking, and working flexible fulfillment orders, you're ok. Ask your TL about the routines and what he/she expects you to prioritize.

Unfortunately, yes. The replenishment system is a pain in the ass sometimes. It seems to be most common after a food truck or when you've backstocked product from a killed POG.

It depends, if it is because you backstocked a just killed plano pog then yes. If it is because the backstock has been sitting around for days then yes. If not then their might be a sfq (sales floor quantity) error and your tl would probably want to know that. Just one of those things that takes time to get a feel for.

STO is a joke. What's the point of back stocking during the caf batch hours? You're just creating more work for yourself. Target corporate dumbasses need to fix dat shit.

STO is a joke. What's the point of back stocking during the caf batch hours? You're just creating more work for yourself. Target corporate dumbasses need to fix dat shit.

Outside of your Bizarro World store, it doesn't happen 100% of the time. Since we're expected to come clean in the backroom, we try to backstock ASAP so it's not still sitting around later.

Nothing I can do. The store is a lost cause. Besides I rarely ever get to back stock. Too busy with caf batches and research batches, making bales, pulling FF, pulling price change, and now printing off caf batch reports for my cunt team lead that thinks I destroy the back room location accuracy. She thinks her morning backroom team members are angels and competent.

Coolers and electronics lock up are generally the only thing that will mess with the CAFs while backstocking at my store. Hell, even challenge merchandise typically won't come back in to the CAFs.

Slight rant, but they made it about 5x harder to find your baffle count in MyPerformance with the removal of the backroom tab.

I had a conversation with my STL last week about moving dayside shifts (both opener and closer) forward a half hour each. He said yes and said he would do it in the next schedule and was unambiguous about it.

New schedule came out today: nothing changed. Either he lied to me or...naw, I think he just lied.

In other events: nothing more fun than watching the ETLs and SrTLs do their "walk"...in the backroom next to the line for 20 min and all I hear is them laughing it up while I pull CAFs. Had to get out the earbuds for that.

Last edited:
Do any of you guys have these cool wire shelving units that you can screw onto the top of your tubs? Basically its just a shelf that screws on to the sides of the tub and sits on top, so you can still throw boxes underneath the shelf but you can put small openstock items on the shelving unit. Plus the shelf has 3 dividers, so it makes pulling things like HBA, OFCE, and STAT so much easier cause I can just chuck all of these into their own division of the shelf. No more repack boxes for one or two openstock items! I'll take a picture if I can tonight.

Repack boxes are a no no at my turd store. I can only use.them for pulling price change. We were told a while back that we can't use them for pulls. Apparently it looks tacky and offends guests. I hate the DTL. She's a cunt.

Repack boxes are a no no at my turd store. I can only use.them for pulling price change. We were told a while back that we can't use them for pulls. Apparently it looks tacky and offends guests. I hate the DTL. She's a cunt.

That actually really sucks. I would think that having a bunch of openstock strewn about on a flat would look worse than a beat up repack...

Do you guys have to do All batches in an hour now? We were just told all batches are now like cafs where they have to be done in an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back