Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao someone decided it's a good idea to post a list of who is making errors and how many they make, and writing something along the lines of "You idiots didn't scan everything in the waco so it's your fault the error occurred." When I pressed my ETL about it he didn't understand how the errors are made and sucks for whoever creates the error when pulling items. Outstanding system we got.

Lmao someone decided it's a good idea to post a list of who is making errors and how many they make, and writing something along the lines of "You idiots didn't scan everything in the waco so it's your fault the error occurred." When I pressed my ETL about it he didn't understand how the errors are made and sucks for whoever creates the error when pulling items. Outstanding system we got.
And ETLs to match...🙄

Does someone have a handle on the recent clarification for BRLA? I demoted a while back, just work on the weekends now so I don't have as much access to this info.

I was told that 'errors' are being committed that are not ghosts and baffles but essentially loss of efficiency. So people would have 'errors' but not have any ghosts or baffles. The errors are committed by not pulling to picture but instead scanning each item in a location as you would with a PDA. I went in last weekend and was told BRLA took a huge drop because someone was not pulling to picture but scanning everything in a waco/case stock location.

Can anyone verify that information? If it's true, it's incredibly inefficient to force people to pull that way and call it 'accuracy'. I had to shift 5 huge boxes on a pallet while on the wave to pull to "picture" (they're in boxes) just for the batch to want everything on the pallet...so instead of scanning everything and getting it in one go, I had to shift all these boxes around to get the one it wanted first...multiple times. Efficiency.

There is a HUGE disconnect here and I'm not sure why Target is doubling down on a BRLA system that clearly is not working. Stores shouldn't be sitting here fighting for 93% BRLA...

Does someone have a handle on the recent clarification for BRLA? I demoted a while back, just work on the weekends now so I don't have as much access to this info.

I was told that 'errors' are being committed that are not ghosts and baffles but essentially loss of efficiency. So people would have 'errors' but not have any ghosts or baffles. The errors are committed by not pulling to picture but instead scanning each item in a location as you would with a PDA. I went in last weekend and was told BRLA took a huge drop because someone was not pulling to picture but scanning everything in a waco/case stock location.

Can anyone verify that information? If it's true, it's incredibly inefficient to force people to pull that way and call it 'accuracy'. I had to shift 5 huge boxes on a pallet while on the wave to pull to "picture" (they're in boxes) just for the batch to want everything on the pallet...so instead of scanning everything and getting it in one go, I had to shift all these boxes around to get the one it wanted first...multiple times. Efficiency.

There is a HUGE disconnect here and I'm not sure why Target is doubling down on a BRLA system that clearly is not working. Stores shouldn't be sitting here fighting for 93% BRLA...
That sounds like some sort of propaganda someone at your store is telling people to get them to only follow the picture.

Well I only speak to the ETL and STL about it, it's apparently per conference calls. Either the group has a very bad misunderstanding of how this system is working or the system is THIS bad. I don't put either one behind people, but I'm more willing to believe Target just has no idea what an efficient and accurate backroom is or why backrooms in general are so poor.

Sounds like your leadership is trying to have you game the system by having you scan only the pictured item and nothing else, thus avoiding scanning unlocated items into the system and uncovering baffles. BRLA took a huge drop because someone scanned everything in locations, uncovering a lot of baffles and probably finding some ghosts, too. Keeping BRLM metrics green on paper and having an accurate backroom are two totally different things, accomplished in totally different ways. Sounds like your leadership prefers green metrics, unfortunately, don’t they all...🙄

Soooooo my store hasn't gone "end to end " completely but we're being told we will in March. Thing is nobody is telling our Plano, price accuracy, backroom teams or TL'S how they are impacted. I'm the BRTL and just was told my title will change to GM Lead and no other info . Who pulls autofills, CAFS , audit, etc etc etc

Soooooo my store hasn't gone "end to end " completely but we're being told we will in March. Thing is nobody is telling our Plano, price accuracy, backroom teams or TL'S how they are impacted. I'm the BRTL and just was told my title will change to GM Lead and no other info . Who pulls autofills, CAFS , audit, etc etc etc
Everyone..

I havn’t been in the backroom in a few years, but I remember each morning BEFORE pulling autofills, we used to use the PDA’s to go thru a system generated list of possible errors that would fix ghosts and find baffles (can’t remember the name - audit batch maybe). At the time my ETL didn’t want it done cause he thought it brought our BRLA score down, I wanted it done because it would fix many issues. He wanted metrics good, I wanted the br good. Is this still being used ?

I havn’t been in the backroom in a few years, but I remember each morning BEFORE pulling autofills, we used to use the PDA’s to go thru a system generated list of possible errors that would fix ghosts and find baffles (can’t remember the name - audit batch maybe). At the time my ETL didn’t want it done cause he thought it brought our BRLA score down, I wanted it done because it would fix many issues. He wanted metrics good, I wanted the br good. Is this still being used ?
That was the audit batch. I think I read on tbr somewhere recently that it is being discontinued on the pda and moving to the zebras.😁

Yeah baby bring back a thread from the dead zone.

No better place to put this.

So some one thought that putting a 1,000+ pound bale of cardboard up on the top of the steel was such a good idea they did it twice. But there’s more

There is a big arse unsecured bag of recycling on top of one of the bales. So bring on the death and dismemberment.

Yeah baby bring back a thread from the dead zone.

No better place to put this.

So some one thought that putting a 1,000+ pound bale of cardboard up on the top of the steel was such a good idea they did it twice. But there’s more

There is a big arse unsecured bag of recycling on top of one of the bales. So bring on the death and dismemberment.
It's a complaince violation to have anything except for tvs to hang over in the steel. A bale is so wide you lose a pallet space.

It's a complaince violation to have anything except for tvs to hang over in the steel. A bale is so wide you lose a pallet space.
Bwahyaaa compliance, safety, OSHA, L&I, Fire Codes, ha laugh at thee. All that matters is teh timelines. Get it done that is the only thing that matters in this brave new world.

If there is an accident I can with out a doubt guarantee that the management will not take a hit. They will blame the poor sod who is using the stacker to get those half ton bales of death down. It’s the Target way after all.

Bwahyaaa compliance, safety, OSHA, L&I, Fire Codes, ha laugh at thee. All that matters is teh timelines. Get it done that is the only thing that matters in this brave new world.

If there is an accident I can with out a doubt guarantee that the management will not take a hit. They will blame the poor sod who is using the stacker to get those half ton bales of death down. It’s the Target way after all.
Yeah I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back