Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've actually been getting a lot of POGs where the blueprint for the peghooks is actually missing.

Glad to know its not just my store not getting the blueprints. It makes it quite challenging when there are alot of peghooks.

Sometimes you can get the blueprint by printing the pog from online planogram, but the resolution is so low that it's hard to read the letters and numbers, and you have to be aware that if the aisle is reverse the blueprint is in reverse - meaning you set each section from left to right, with 'A' being the first peghole on the left. Very confusing if you're experienced and set reverse aisle sections right to left without even thinking about it.

And it just gets worse. 2 weeks ago in Domestics, had a reverse plano. No problem, easy set, except the reverse labels were totally jacked up. They were smashed together. I wound up trying to print them, and they all wound up short labels, which I eventually had to use.

In Housewares, came across a 4ft. section that was 'Active, Not on Plano'. Seems there is some sort of conversion, but no one has been notified about it. It's glassware that moves from one aisle to another, but you have to visually look at where it was and check out the new location in order to move it. Scanning it doesn't help. Both sets of labels, old and new, are wrong.

And then just today, a flow tm grabbed me to look at a lighting location. 2 labels jammed together, and the product doesn't fit. I checked it out, but hell, nothing I can do until Corp. comes up with a revision.

Man, talk about time wasted...

Tell me about it. Setting floor lamps in California was murder. MOST of the carry forward Display lamps scanned NOP. Why? Because they listed the displays on the planogram with the Non-California item number/upc..... Of course plano can't/won't read the line listing, so they were relying completely on scanning the displays.

>>>>>>Me, noticing the lack of displays and sprinting to the baler>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Spot...PLEASE. Displays all have bar codes now, so send a display shelf strip that lists the displays on it. Of course, it would be tossed or hidden once set, but it would make my life so much easier.

Tell me about it. Setting floor lamps in California was murder. MOST of the carry forward Display lamps scanned NOP. Why? Because they listed the displays on the planogram with the Non-California item number/upc..... Of course plano can't/won't read the line listing, so they were relying completely on scanning the displays.

>>>>>>Me, noticing the lack of displays and sprinting to the baler>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Spot...PLEASE. Displays all have bar codes now, so send a display shelf strip that lists the displays on it. Of course, it would be tossed or hidden once set, but it would make my life so much easier.

The one time you can't get them to just look at the pictures.

Yeah, but they spent so much time trying to figure it out, by the time I got there, they still hadn't filled it, so even that wasn't helpful.....

the same thing happened with the remaining Out Of Box Keurigs that carried forward on our POGs. I literally set every display for every POG in small appliances but the 2 coffee aisles. They didn't move, and had less than 3 new displays for the whole run. if they could do any aisles, it would be these.

nope.

came back the next morning and there were only 3 keurigs in the whole aisle even the ones there weren't in the right place! oh, and "plano doesn't have time to come back and fix it". "plano doesn't have time to read the line listing" "plano doesn't have time to do displays" "plano doesn't have time to figure out displays" "plano doesn't have time to do 3x5s" am i crazy but aren't all of those things actually POG things to do?? i am starting to feel more and more like i am losing it every day.

**related, but unrelated**

did anyone see the new "breakdown" of adjacency hours? to break down the times of setting, demerching, cleaning, etc? anyone notice how "specialty fixtures are not included in this??????

came back the next morning and there were only 3 keurigs in the whole aisle even the ones there weren't in the right place! oh, and "plano doesn't have time to come back and fix it". "plano doesn't have time to read the line listing" "plano doesn't have time to do displays" "plano doesn't have time to figure out displays" "plano doesn't have time to do 3x5s" am i crazy but aren't all of those things actually POG things to do?? i am starting to feel more and more like i am losing it every day.

I actually sent my team back to do the displays and 3x5s. Took forever. Ended up not finishing 5 POGs for the week and now I have to have a sit-down with the Logistics ETL on why I can't get the workload done. Fantastic. Losing my mind, too.

I actually sent my team back to do the displays and 3x5s. Took forever. Ended up not finishing 5 POGs for the week and now I have to have a sit-down with the Logistics ETL on why I can't get the workload done. Fantastic. Losing my mind, too.

I'm consistently amazed when I read about other stores who have their teams doing the displays for small appliances and the 3X5 etc.
In my store that always fell to the signing person 100%.
Some of the team were better then others but by in large I had to handle it all.
Sometimes even having to go back and fix shelving because they mixed it up and then reset it.

I'm consistently amazed when I read about other stores who have their teams doing the displays for small appliances and the 3X5 etc.
Some of the team were better then others but by in large I had to handle it all.
Sometimes even having to go back and fix shelving because they mixed it up and then reset it.

and things like that example with the shelving is exactly why they need to know how to do it. how can you possibly plan a workload that literally one person does everything "hard" for every single POG? don't get me wrong, i basically do these 100%, but if the team can't do them how can they really say that they know how to set? we have one POG tm from another store and they told me that they all handle their own displays etc - even grab their own signing while their signing person maintained the fixture room, and handles overall store things and well.....more signing.

the thing is - i actually LIKE doing displays - i enjoy the mental task (no, will not call it a challenge because it is not) and such. BUT if i am ever absent, or heaven forbid i want to move up or into another role, or QUIT, they should all know how to do these things. before i started they did these things themselves. the team takes advantage now. i will more than gladly A) facilitate making sure they displays get to where they're going, B) if I have time, i will glady do them! ; however i do no appreciate the perception that it is my job and in my core roles to handle these things. this isn't accounted for in my hours anywhere - when it is included in the POG set time (in theory).

Like my biggest PEEVE right now is why is NOBODY ON THE POG TEAM REQUIRED TO KNOW HOW TO READ A PLANOGRAM? Our pog "proficiency" is way down in the dumps. I have one TM that I already mentioned who is wonderful and will do everything they need to do - and is always appreciative when I swing by to take some things off their plate. I have one more who I at least know LOOKS at their POG as they will scan their signs and if the schematic calls for an existing sign to move they will take care of it. everyone else? all signs end up in a heap possibly with trash, fixtures or push in a random shopping cart that i have to follow after and fish out.

the fact that people just assume that Autocad will fix everything and as we all know it just doesn't work that way

This. I took a drafting class in school and got to learn firsthand how powerful AutoCAD is, but you have to pay close attention to everything you're doing. Don't just assume that AutoCAD will fix it for you (see: the people that create the planograms).

and things like that example with the shelving is exactly why they need to know how to do it. how can you possibly plan a workload that literally one person does everything "hard" for every single POG? don't get me wrong, i basically do these 100%, but if the team can't do them how can they really say that they know how to set? we have one POG tm from another store and they told me that they all handle their own displays etc - even grab their own signing while their signing person maintained the fixture room, and handles overall store things and well.....more signing.

the thing is - i actually LIKE doing displays - i enjoy the mental task (no, will not call it a challenge because it is not) and such. BUT if i am ever absent, or heaven forbid i want to move up or into another role, or QUIT, they should all know how to do these things. before i started they did these things themselves. the team takes advantage now. i will more than gladly A) facilitate making sure they displays get to where they're going, B) if I have time, i will glady do them! ; however i do no appreciate the perception that it is my job and in my core roles to handle these things. this isn't accounted for in my hours anywhere - when it is included in the POG set time (in theory).

Like my biggest PEEVE right now is why is NOBODY ON THE POG TEAM REQUIRED TO KNOW HOW TO READ A PLANOGRAM? Our pog "proficiency" is way down in the dumps. I have one TM that I already mentioned who is wonderful and will do everything they need to do - and is always appreciative when I swing by to take some things off their plate. I have one more who I at least know LOOKS at their POG as they will scan their signs and if the schematic calls for an existing sign to move they will take care of it. everyone else? all signs end up in a heap possibly with trash, fixtures or push in a random shopping cart that i have to follow after and fish out.

"we have one POG tm from another store and they told me that they all handle their own displays etc - even grab their own signing while their signing person maintained the fixture room, and handles overall store things and well.....more signing. "

Ohh I will love their plano team. In my store I do all the display 100%. sometime I get help with my PTL.

oh that's so nice.

On tv walll display does plano team or signing is in charge of the display?

I know it's a display but when you looked at the adjacency calendar for example is 7hrs set up time and 1hr signing.

Who is really in charge of re arranging and putting up the new displays?

thanks

I always got stuck doing the damned TV wall and on the big ones it always takes twice as long as it says on the adjacency.
[edit] Not fair to leave out the SFT, I always worked with him unless it was just one or two TV's. Couldn't do it without him.

Last edited:
Our DFM wants the top tv's to be lined up straight not like a zig zag pattern. even with the big tv's

oh that's so nice.

I know it's a display but when you looked at the adjacency calendar for example is 7hrs set up time and 1hr signing.

thanks

At my store, it's a team effort between our Electronics Brand TM, our signing TM, and our SFT.

oh that's so nice.

thanks

At my store, it's a team effort between our Electronics Brand TM, our signing TM, and our SFT.

that's good. but in our store. no brand tm in electronics and our sft I dont wanna talk about it lol

one more question.

who is responsible for the gondola fixtures?

I know sft need to build the gondola but as far as collecting the pieces?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back