Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone enlighten me why sometimes label prints incorrectly? After I've set it and start pushing the product, I scan the item but the pda and label locations are different (one would say 1-2-1 but the other would say 1-2-2 or something like that). My team lead says that it has something to do with labels being printed as standard.. but I still don't see the difference other than the way it sets. Essentially, shouldn't the locations still match up?

Can anyone enlighten me why sometimes label prints incorrectly? After I've set it and start pushing the product, I scan the item but the pda and label locations are different (one would say 1-2-1 but the other would say 1-2-2 or something like that). My team lead says that it has something to do with labels being printed as standard.. but I still don't see the difference other than the way it sets. Essentially, shouldn't the locations still match up?
Noticed it for the past 6 months or so occasionally. Seems like the people at HQ are tying the same DPCI to double schematic locations on the same shelf. I've seen pogs where instead of having 2 facings of one item they will have it split up, 1-2-1/1-2-2 for one DPCI, 1-2-3/1-2-4 for another and so on.

Lately sometimes only one of those locations are actually printed on the label strips and it completely skips the second (sometimes the first) schematic, but both will show up on PDAs/Mydevices.

One big issue if you haven't noticed it yet. If you use a MyDevice to tie an aisle that has been pre-tied as reverse, the MyDevice will ALWAYS tie the POG as standard. So if you use a MyDevice to tie your pre-tied POGs on reverse aisles you always need to either re-tie and select reverse, or break the pre-tie before tieing the aisle so that you get the standard/reverse prompt.

An aisle being mis-tied as standard when you use the reverse side label strips is one of the most common reasons for schematic information to be 1 location off, it is always the first thing I look at when there is a schematic discrepancy.

One big issue if you haven't noticed it yet. If you use a MyDevice to tie an aisle that has been pre-tied as reverse, the MyDevice will ALWAYS tie the POG as standard. So if you use a MyDevice to tie your pre-tied POGs on reverse aisles you always need to either re-tie and select reverse, or break the pre-tie before tieing the aisle so that you get the standard/reverse prompt.

An aisle being mis-tied as standard when you use the reverse side label strips is one of the most common reasons for schematic information to be 1 location off, it is always the first thing I look at when there is a schematic discrepancy.

Or the aisle is tied correctly, but someone puts the label strip in backwards. I have seen a Standard strip within a reverse aisle when someone's not paying attention.

And I hate it when tables have the same item in two locations. Especially in baby. a 2T might be 1-1-1, and 1-1-4. Ugh.

@UIguy anyway this could be addressed and fixed in a future update?

Thanks! that helps a lot.

Could you essentially tie a POG standard and set it reverse? Would that generate some kind of error?

Yes, the schematic won't match up. When you push the product, location would be one over. For example: 1-2-1 on PDA when the product is in 1-2-2 and vis versa

Items that straddle the edges of two sections will more often than not have the wrong section in its schematic. This affects all DPCIs, no matter if they're pegged, shelved, or on some other type of fixture.

POG set question about the patio set: Did anyone actually get the schematic for the L&P table? Its listed as being separate from the POG on the POG, and in the Visual Adjacency it is listed as being attached to the POG? I have no earthly idea how the things on this table are supposed to be laid out, the labels are no help. The front I just used the images of the table I could find in the planning information, but the back of the table where I presume the lights and such go? not a single clue.

Our STL came over today as we were setting the shampoo aisles in beauty. He told us as we were placing the adhesive dividers that "You're doing this wrong, and wasting time as well! You don't set the dividers and then stock. I need you to remove all the dividers, clean the shelves, stock all the product, THEN place the dividers in between the product." Oh okay....I've never been told that one before, but then again I'm new to this.

Our STL came over today as we were setting the shampoo aisles in beauty. He told us as we were placing the adhesive dividers that "You're doing this wrong, and wasting time as well! You don't set the dividers and then stock. I need you to remove all the dividers, clean the shelves, stock all the product, THEN place the dividers in between the product." Oh okay....I've never been told that one before, but then again I'm new to this.

I'd be willing to bet he's only saying that so that once it's stocked he can tell you to do something else, and forgo putting dividers up.

What, huh, hey, uh, but, yeh, but, no, you can't, ....
How do you even do that?
I can't even imagine getting the damned dividers down between those stupid falloverer upside down bottles much less the bigger ones.
Even if you are only using the dividers on little stuff you're going to be knocking over everything and having to reset it.
That is the stupidest damned thing I have ever heard.
Sure, there might be some ninja technique for sliding them in and pressing them down ,,, but every frelling time.
No, just no.

What, huh, hey, uh, but, yeh, but, no, you can't, ....
How do you even do that?
I can't even imagine getting the damned dividers down between those stupid falloverer upside down bottles much less the bigger ones.
Even if you are only using the dividers on little stuff you're going to be knocking over everything and having to reset it.
That is the stupidest damned thing I have ever heard.
Sure, there might be some ninja technique for sliding them in and pressing them down ,,, but every frelling time.
No, just no.

Pushing down on the top of them works when you're putting one in and the product is on the shelf, but it's really only good if you need to get a handful of dividers in, because it takes so long since you have to be careful.

I'm glad my STL was like "ok no but you have to have dividers everywhere. EVERYWHERE"

You plano folks will probably hate me for this, but why can't hair care have pushers? Specifically the nice new ones we have in the deodorant aisles. Pushers would make zoning those aisles much easier and faster.

POG set question about the patio set: Did anyone actually get the schematic for the L&P table? Its listed as being separate from the POG on the POG, and in the Visual Adjacency it is listed as being attached to the POG? I have no earthly idea how the things on this table are supposed to be laid out, the labels are no help. The front I just used the images of the table I could find in the planning information, but the back of the table where I presume the lights and such go? not a single clue.

Nope, we are just making it up as we go.

You plano folks will probably hate me for this, but why can't hair care have pushers? Specifically the nice new ones we have in the deodorant aisles. Pushers would make zoning those aisles much easier and faster.

See the new set in dandruff shampoo. Part of it is the ugly pushers.

If I could get away without using dividers I would. But my STL is a stickler for doing it 100 percent correct. But then she'll complain things take too long.....

We don't have any dividers on ours now... what fun those aisles will be to maintain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back