Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't grasp how the paper stays up. I guess I'll have to actually see when we do Halloween.
There are instructions in each box. And I can tell you...... I've got my doubts. I have been HOARDING since I saw this little ditty. My biggest fear is lose backer. And then wth happens when a peg hook has to be put there???? I mean I like the IDEA but really all they had to do was pre punch a small hole in the unpunched backer and it would have been fine. Everyone always wants to fix an unbroken vase.

There are instructions in each box. And I can tell you...... I've got my doubts. I have been HOARDING since I saw this little ditty. My biggest fear is lose backer. And then wth happens when a peg hook has to be put there???? I mean I like the IDEA but really all they had to do was pre punch a small hole in the unpunched backer and it would have been fine. Everyone always wants to fix an unbroken vase.
I already hoard. I have a bag full of them.

I dub the...

The Bluool.

Also the Orange tool better NEVER get phased out....

Useful for so many things other than just canoe clips... If they are I hope they give a heads up so I can max order them a couple times...

I tried getting an Orange Tool fabricated out of metal for myself, but my TL said it could be seen as a weapon...

I already see my Orange tools as a weapon....

Yeah always got my tool. Have used it for many things. Doubles as a box cutter in desperate moments too. I have a big bag of those clips. I usually reuse the ones from the last reset too LOL

Anyone see the replacements for the canoe clips called NeoPEGs? They will roll out with the set of Halloween Rear & mini sets.
Im curious about this. I hope it works. Probably won't. However we always set too early for baker paper anyways... So... Yeah that'll likely never happen.

So I was wondering...... I can't find it anywhere and I can't find it in a guide or a thread that says. Does anyone know just for giggles how many tickets are on the clearance rolls? And what about the monarch rolls?

Not sure about the monarch rolls, but I'm fairly certain that the description for the clearance tickets on SAP tells you how many per roll. I remember reading it the last time I ordered some but for the life of me I can't remember what it is.

Started putting up Halloween backer paper today...
Not at all won over by these neoPegs. Easy enough to pop into the pegboard, but trying to get that nifty little blue tool to remove one is not easy! And it does not save time- it actually slowed me down because the neoPegs get in the way of slipping the backer paper in as it catches on the pegs.

Definitely saving all the canoe clips I take out and am seriously considering not using the neoPegs elsewhere in the store. With product that gets shoved out any which way, the backer paper will be falling off and getting destroyed. I agree with a previous poster, that it somewhat makes sense in Mini Seasonal and Rear Seasonal since those areas change frequently. But the rest of the store, not so much.

It if ain't broke, don't try to fix it! Backer paper is not hard to put up/take down.

Started putting up Halloween backer paper today...
Not at all won over by these neoPegs. Easy enough to pop into the pegboard, but trying to get that nifty little blue tool to remove one is not easy! And it does not save time- it actually slowed me down because the neoPegs get in the way of slipping the backer paper in as it catches on the pegs.

Definitely saving all the canoe clips I take out and am seriously considering not using the neoPegs elsewhere in the store. With product that gets shoved out any which way, the backer paper will be falling off and getting destroyed. I agree with a previous poster, that it somewhat makes sense in Mini Seasonal and Rear Seasonal since those areas change frequently. But the rest of the store, not so much.

It if ain't broke, don't try to fix it! Backer paper is not hard to put up/take down.

The first thing I thought to myself is.... Of all the things that they could have been working on and improving.... We get this....

The blue tool is a piece of shit, it is funny because I showed my TL how crap they were, then out of habit went for my orange tool that I always have on me, and it popped it out in a nano second (they don't harm the pegboard if you do that, they are flimsy).

The first thing I thought to myself is.... Of all the things that they could have been working on and improving.... We get this....

The blue tool is a piece of shit, it is funny because I showed my TL how crap they were, then out of habit went for my orange tool that I always have on me, and it popped it out in a nano second (they don't harm the pegboard if you do that, they are flimsy).

Good to know the orange tool will still work!

I want to know who they get to test these things out and give them feedback. It's clearly not any of us! Because we would have told them a big, fat NO to this. And then given them a list of things we actually want changed!

I guess this thread is the proper place to post this rant:

Plano team: I realize you are supposed to follow the directions delivered by HQ to the best of your ability. However, when Spot directs you to put a motion-sensor telephone for the Halloween set DIRECTLY in the path of where flow TMs exit the backroom with pallets during the entire unload, please create your own personal revision to fix this!

I must admit, though, those damn phone gave me a good laugh yesterday when one of the flow TMs told me to pick up the phone, a sales floor TM is probably calling out again!

Last edited:
I guess this thread is the proper place to post this rant:

Plano team: I realize you are supposed to follow the directions delivered by HQ to the best of your ability. However, when Spot directs you to put a motion-sensor telephone for the Halloween set DIRECTLY in the path of where flow TMs exit the backroom with pallets during the entire unload, please create your own personal revision to fix this!

I must admit, though, those damn phone gave me a good laugh yesterday when one of the flow TMs told me to pick up the phone, a sales floor TM is probably calling out again!

At least it's only there for a couple months and not year-round like the fucking Gillette Flexball razor displays.

Out of curiosity, how many Plano teams are overnight processes? And what volume store are you?
An AA+ volume store in my district has Plano overnight with the rest of the overnight LOG teams.

Pretty sure Plano is technically supposed to be done during the day though. I remember there were a ton of complaints in here a year or two ago about being forced to work 8am-4:30pm.

At my A+, our plano team starts at 4AM, but they were overnight until a couple years ago. Life was so much easier when plano was overnight.

My team passed on the new canoe clips and just used the old ones when they set Halloween. Guess I should go order a life tine supply for when thwy are removed from sap.
Hate those pieces of shit. I'm hoarding canoe clips like they are going out of style... oh, wait....

My Plano team and team lead who just left are/were hoarders. There's an entire Waco of unopened bags of canoe clips on top of the several ziplocks full they carry around.

I'll second the tack puller recommendation too, they work a treat.

I'm a HL TM with some unexpected Presentation shifts coming up. I'd appreciate any advice, as I've not formally trained in this. I did have one shift where I was pushing items to an empty shelf, then using the printer to make labels for them; but I did not have a planogram to go off of, just the direction of my ETL-HL. I'm not too worried about getting through the day, I just hate feeling like I'm the new person who has know idea what she's doing and has to run for help all the time.

I'm a HL TM with some unexpected Presentation shifts coming up. I'd appreciate any advice, as I've not formally trained in this. I did have one shift where I was pushing items to an empty shelf, then using the printer to make labels for them; but I did not have a planogram to go off of, just the direction of my ETL-HL. I'm not too worried about getting through the day, I just hate feeling like I'm the new person who has know idea what she's doing and has to run for help all the time.

More than likely you will be pushing or getting trained, which means you will be paired with a Plano TM.

no PPTL in their right mind would send a GreenPog to set something, without any training whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back