Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone by chance know the number for the A&A 9" peghooks that go over the bar? They are the ones with the U shape on one end and the label holder on the other. I can only find the 6" in SAP. Please and Thank-You.

You need to mySupport to get any ordered. For some reason they are "restricted" on SAP which is why you can't find them. Part number AM0331. Just let mySupport know how much you need (comes in case pack of 100). I asked for 2 cases.

Anyone by chance know the number for the A&A 9" peghooks that go over the bar? They are the ones with the U shape on one end and the label holder on the other. I can only find the 6" in SAP. Please and Thank-You.
Are those the white or greyish silverish ones?

Yeah.... MySupport and then wait 6 months :mad: and no I'm not kidding. Let them know u can't order them and u need them asap. Might help get them sooner

If I get them in anytime soon, I will try to remember to post on here so you guys know what kind of time line to expect.

The best POG Teams I have ever seen have had two common keys to success...

1) Always stay ahead (even if the POG is not ready)... The earlier you can set, the less work the POG team has to do. The truck team will naturally absorb filling the aisle because if it comes in, they can push it to the half empty aisle instead of staging it in the steel. Everyone picks up productivity this way.

2) Have a really strong core group of TMs in Plano, keep them at 40, and keep it consistent. This is an STL strategy, but when they allocated payroll, they rarely fluctuated the POG hours. They kept it around 200 all the time every week. If the adjacency calendar showed it heavier, the hours went to Hardlines, Softlines, Backroom (day and 4am), and Flow. The POG TL knew it was a heavier week, and sent out an email for the week of what needed done each night and each morning. Backroom Day pulled all the batches at close, the 4AM team absorbed all the backstock from the sets, flow got done with truck earlier than normal and all went over to help fill, and the salesfloor team had extra closers and helped demerch aisles at close. POG was for setting almost only (and if the workload was 200 hours or less, they just didn't ask for any help that week).

I think this is the earliest my store has ever set Trim. Our POG team just set all of gift wrap yeaterday. We haven't been overwhelmed by Halloween merchandise like we have in the past, which definitely made it easier to start setting Trim.

damn were like 2 weeks behind here lol, the whole team is lazy and talks more than they work lol

I think this is the earliest my store has ever set Trim. Our POG team just set all of gift wrap yeaterday. We haven't been overwhelmed by Halloween merchandise like we have in the past, which definitely made it easier to start setting Trim.

I haven't even started building Seasonal yet, I plan on starting tomorrow. It is my first Christmas Set as Signing TM, how do the Gift Wrap Bins compare to the BTS blue shelf shippers?

I haven't even started building Seasonal yet, I plan on starting tomorrow. It is my first Christmas Set as Signing TM, how do the Gift Wrap Bins compare to the BTS blue shelf shippers?

Our signing TM built them all as the plano team was setting the aisles. I didn't hear any complaints, so I assume they are fairly easy to assemble.

They are relatively easy. The shippers that will take more time are the ornament bins. I haven't started building anything yet for this year. That's next week's project after Grocery pushers.

I would like to bitch slap someone on Plano. In my store I feel they are not being held accountable for a damn thing. They are the gods of the store. Oh please. Their carts with fixtures, shelfs, Ptm and clearance are fucking everywhere. Everyday I have to push carts out of the way to push truck. I am a flow tm and for sure I know my team is far from perfect. Everyday when we leave nothing is left on the floor. If we don't finish, anything in a cart must be put in a repack and put back on the line. Today I had a box, borrowed a PDA, had a location so I put it in my cart. After de trashing went to push to location and guess what it wasn't set. It was on an end cap with no room to flex. It was just set 4 days ago. Give me a fucking break. I put it in the fitting room and will discuss with somebody on Monday. I just want to do my job, because guess what, I enjoy what I do. Please don't make it more difficult than it has to be.

I would like to bitch slap someone on Plano. In my store I feel they are not being held accountable for a damn thing. They are the gods of the store. Oh please. Their carts with fixtures, shelfs, Ptm and clearance are fucking everywhere. Everyday I have to push carts out of the way to push truck. I am a flow tm and for sure I know my team is far from perfect. Everyday when we leave nothing is left on the floor. If we don't finish, anything in a cart must be put in a repack and put back on the line. Today I had a box, borrowed a PDA, had a location so I put it in my cart. After de trashing went to push to location and guess what it wasn't set. It was on an end cap with no room to flex. It was just set 4 days ago. Give me a fucking break. I put it in the fitting room and will discuss with somebody on Monday. I just want to do my job, because guess what, I enjoy what I do. Please don't make it more difficult than it has to be.

I get your frustration, but if you haven't worked on Plano before you have no idea the amount of workload they are expected to get through every week and it is sometimes damn near impossible to be able to clear, set, pull, fillback, rework clearance/discontinued items, clean up fixtures, clean up cardboard & garbage, scan outs, check SFQ, and backstock all in one shift. In addition to whatever additional tasks are given by leadership. It is one of the more difficult work centers to master and not everyone is cut out for it.

Every work center has their challenges and they make do the best they can with the resources available.

Our signing TM built them all as the plano team was setting the aisles. I didn't hear any complaints, so I assume they are fairly easy to assemble.
Nothing is really horrible for trim a tree. Maybe fluffing trees.

We are going to get the last of the gondola down wed/ thurs so we can build the tree tables Fri in time for the overnights starting sun or the pptl who is in on Sat open.

Checklane revisions are all pegs, but not printing labels or letting me batch a custom batch.....fuuuuuuuuuuuck. so much for finishing before open.

Checklane revisions are all pegs, but not printing labels or letting me batch a custom batch.....fuuuuuuuuuuuck. so much for finishing before open.
Had to my support this issue. Its happened before with a plano in electronics. It took them a month to fix it

Nothing is really horrible for trim a tree. Maybe fluffing trees.

We are going to get the last of the gondola down wed/ thurs so we can build the tree tables Fri in time for the overnights starting sun or the pptl who is in on Sat open.

I have been banned from fluffing trees because I am so bad at it. Lol

I get your frustration, but if you haven't worked on Plano before you have no idea the amount of workload they are expected to get through every week and it is sometimes damn near impossible to be able to clear, set, pull, fillback, rework clearance/discontinued items, clean up fixtures, clean up cardboard & garbage, scan outs, check SFQ, and backstock all in one shift. In addition to whatever additional tasks are given by leadership. It is one of the more difficult work centers to master and not everyone is cut out for it.

Every work center has their challenges and they make do the best they can with the resources available.
I feel like lots of people just think Plano is so basic but there are many many complaints and grievances that go through my mind day to day after so long

So I did try to search the thread but I am not sure we ever came up with an answer.

If the adjacency calander does not include time to pull or backstock, who is getting the hours to do it? The pulls and backstock are killing us. Even if they schedule a puller for us it is with the adjacency hours.

So I did try to search the thread but I am not sure we ever came up with an answer.

If the adjacency calander does not include time to pull or backstock, who is getting the hours to do it? The pulls and backstock are killing us. Even if they schedule a puller for us it is with the adjacency hours.
No, it does not. Then, the clearance factor is added..

Just finished pre building all of Christmas. Took me about 3 full days. The wrap bins probably took about 6 hours. They are the same as in years past. Tedious and time consuming. The focals take about 2 hours each. The gondola focal about the same time.
Rock tree table can only be prebuilt to step 73, then the finish can be done once on the floor. Keep an eye out for your Toy catalog signing kit. (Largest box that came this week). Takes all of 20 minutes to complete, but you want it ready for Sunday morning.

Didnt get a chance to open any of the overheads......

I feel like lots of people just think Plano is so basic but there are many many complaints and grievances that go through my mind day to day after so long
Just finished pre building all of Christmas. Took me about 3 full days. The wrap bins probably took about 6 hours. They are the same as in years past. Tedious and time consuming. The focals take about 2 hours each. The gondola focal about the same time.
Rock tree table can only be prebuilt to step 73, then the finish can be done once on the floor. Keep an eye out for your Toy catalog signing kit. (Largest box that came this week). Takes all of 20 minutes to complete, but you want it ready for Sunday morning.

Didnt get a chance to open any of the overheads......

All I have pre-built are these, first year doing it, definitely NOT a fan... I am so glad I ordered a TON of Large Viking Clips, not specifically for these, but anything generally infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back