Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly questions that I've been too embarrassed to ask at my store: what do you call the white thing that plugs into the backer, that you then attach the peg to? And what do you call the plastic bit you attach to the peg, the thing that holds the label?

Silly questions that I've been too embarrassed to ask at my store: what do you call the white thing that plugs into the backer, that you then attach the peg to? And what do you call the plastic bit you attach to the peg, the thing that holds the label?

Fastback would be the mount for a peg hook.

Face out what my store calls the clear label holder on peg hooks.

Hope that helps.

All I have pre-built are these, first year doing it, definitely NOT a fan... I am so glad I ordered a TON of Large Viking Clips, not specifically for these, but anything generally infuriating.

The wrap bins do get easier to build after you've done them for several years. My first year they took me an entire 8 hour shift; this year only took me about 4 hours! I was amazed, didn't think it was possible. But still a huge pain to assemble!

Can anyone one tell me if there is a set number of team members that should be on Plano based on your stores volume? Or where I can find that info?

Can anyone one tell me if there is a set number of team members that should be on Plano based on your stores volume? Or where I can find that info?
I have three on my Team plus a signing team member we are a A volume store we do not pull or back stock we do set all sells planers and I run a very tight team. We push every thing and work our own clearance and discontinued.. we also scan all outs and check capacity's and quantitys. I use backup team members when I have the hours. I'm thinking of putting a fourth person on my Team.

So tell me how you run such a tight ship...I used to have a green process then lost a few team members. (Like 5 to be exact). I now have 2 brand spanking new team members and 2 who have about 6 months experience. We are struggling to say the least. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

So tell me how you run such a tight ship...I used to have a green process then lost a few team members. (Like 5 to be exact). I now have 2 brand spanking new team members and 2 who have about 6 months experience. We are struggling to say the least. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
I have two team members who have been with me over 12 years one for 7 so alot of experience my backup has 15 years With the company. And I spend way too much time setting planos. That's why I'm going to get a fourth person. Plus when I have large sets like mini or seasonal I schedule stock team members to help stock. Both teams are cross trained plano can do pricechange if needed and pricechange can do plano if needed.

Last edited:
Silly question maybe but can someone please explain the differences between these terms:

Adjacency
Sales planner
Pog
Transition vs revision.

I'm a pfa and set all of these for grocery. I don't understand all of the terms, are they being used interchangeably?

Volume is one thing that does not alter plano hours. I assume the only thing that will is store prototype. However, if prototypes are the same, the plano team in a high volume store has to do the same amount of work as the plano team in a low volume store. ASANTS, but a LV store could abuse the plano team with backup, reshop, and other annoying sales floor activities which slows down their progress, but they won't acquire more hours because of that.

Silly question maybe but can someone please explain the differences between these terms:

Adjacency
Sales planner
Pog
Transition vs revision.

I'm a pfa and set all of these for grocery. I don't understand all of the terms, are they being used interchangeably?

Someone will probably have a better answer than me, but...

Adjacencies are for softlines racks.

Sales planners are endcaps.

POG is short for planogram.

Transitions are POGs that exceed a set % of that POG changing (like more than 25% of the POG is changing when being set, although I'm sure thats not the number). A revision represents the opposite of a transition, or the lower % of things changing.

I am at an AA Volume store with 2 Plano TMs, and one who fills in on very heavy weeks, but they are Flow mostly..

My Plano TMs are very experienced however since our team is so small, whenever they call in it throws any plans I had for the day out the god damn door (I am Signing) as I instantly turn into a Plano TM.

Adjacency - Shows you where POG's should be tied, or the layout for Transitions
Sales planner - Are end cap "POGS" they rotate in and out on about a monthly basis
Pog - Is a Planogram, the guidelines for setting a.... POG
Transition vs revision. Transitions are the big ones, they tend to be much more work and can be complete tear downs/rebuilds, while revisions are usually just fixing issues with POGs that sprung up after they were set, or to add new items in.

Answers are in bold in your quote ^

No clue what this position is, its the first I have heard of it.

If you are a PA, then really only Sales Planners should fall under you, although all stores are not the same, and if you are forced to do all these I am truly sorry.

Last edited:
HQ please fix this crap. This is ridiculous. Too much product stuffed in this case.

IIRC there was a redwire / transition communication ~a year ago that said to just flex the case with the product actually instock.

At my store we have the case PTMd at all times with flex labels for each product.

IIRC there was a redwire / transition communication ~a year ago that said to just flex the case with the product actually instock.

At my store we have the case PTMd at all times with flex labels for each product.
They sent us a new pog for it a week or two ago...

Our apple case was flexed for the longest time, but they actually set this last revision and it looks fine. We might now have any of those huge apple watches in stock though.

There are a lot of discontinued Watches, iPads, & Apple tvs. Just research items along with 159.00 pods & correct all counts, including bands. Add flex labels on instock products & you will amazed on the stuff that comes in on the next truck...

No bueno. But we seem to always be behind. I've been there a year and I can pinpoint some issues but I don't see a way out unless they give our tl dedicated planning hours.

But going back to your question...we stay on track for the big sets and stay behind in the day to day stuff. Weird pog problems, lack of hours can only explain away so much I suppose. It's frustrating isn't it?

Way off topic here....

I may have to post this in a couple threads, but I really need this part number. SAP doesnt have photos, and the amount I need and time restraints I need it doesnt allow me to try ordering similar sounding items.

Does anyone have the part number for the 6"x48" clear plastic fencing with little metal feet? (We havent used them in a very long time) I was able to find the part# for the 3"x48" because I have the fixture room labels on the shelf, but the 6" label is torn off. Hoping someone still has their fixture room labels in place as the fencing doesnt have any numbers on them.

Help!

Way off topic here....

I may have to post this in a couple threads, but I really need this part number. SAP doesnt have photos, and the amount I need and time restraints I need it doesnt allow me to try ordering similar sounding items.

Does anyone have the part number for the 6"x48" clear plastic fencing with little metal feet? (We havent used them in a very long time) I was able to find the part# for the 3"x48" because I have the fixture room labels on the shelf, but the 6" label is torn off. Hoping someone still has their fixture room labels in place as the fencing doesnt have any numbers on them.

Help!
I think I saw a case of them in my ambient room, for some reason, I'll look tonight if I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back