I'm Lost! The Call In/Sick/Late/NCNS/Attendance Thread

So I have a question for everyone. How's your personal attendance? How often do you call-out & have you ever NCNS'd?

Call out when my bones act up, or when I am sick, I don't do anyone any good if I can't function beyond coughing or other things you do when sick.. Took time when a parent died(a month, I had to take care of everything). NCNS - only when they don't turn the phones on night service, then I call back when the store opens. When MyTime started and everyone NCNS'd cause the schedule was so screwed up. First few schedules were very different than what was published..

My store must be super lenient on their callouts. We have them every single day, and Fridays and Saturdays are the worst. It's not unusual to have 2-3 call outs on the front end alone. I don't know how people get away with it! I always feel really guilty when I call out, even when I'm actually super sick. Just this year I called out when I was sick with the flu. I could barely move and barley gather the strength to call and all I wanted to do was sleep. But the guilt and nervousness I felt while calling gave me such an adrenaline rush, I couldn't fall back asleep for hours. HA! :rolleyes:

As some of you know, pfresh openers come in around 6 or 630 in the morning. If your store is 4am, when is the earliest you can call out/in? Do you call out as soon as the flow ETL arrives or do you call out the night before around 1030-11pm?

As some of you know, pfresh openers come in around 6 or 630 in the morning. If your store is 4am, when is the earliest you can call out/in? Do you call out as soon as the flow ETL arrives or do you call out the night before around 1030-11pm?
at 4 am or night before.

Can you have so I called them and told them I would not be in to work . How many callouts can you have.

Well ideally it'd be none, but it all depends on your management. I don't think there's an official limit (at least there's nothing in the handbook about it)

Officially there is no attendance policy with Target anymore. It's all up to your Executive team. They'll judge you by looking for patterns in your absences and tardies and take the steps they feel necessary. This can be a real ugly process if you're not too friendly with your boss.

I've never called out and always answer my phone when they call me on my days off.

Imma freak!

My store is one call out per month, if more than that for 2 consecutive months then the coaching process begins. Favorites and kiss asses are exempt however.

Generally more than once a month is bad , and if it happens EVERY month, it's less than great.

However if you have unique circumstances for missing and you are able to prove that you have a legitimate reason for missing work, it's not looked down on as harshly.

However if you just say "i'm sick" and call out, then they'll just assume you're skipping work if it happens too often.

I can remember only calling out five days during a year and a half of working at my store, all for legit reasons. There was one day that I almost called out but ended up toughing it out and working a full shift; I just called ahead and told my ETL I was going to be slightly late and they forgave it.

Considering I have two personal rules for calling out, I haven't gotten in touble for saying that I was sick and they did not want me interacting with people that day.

So far, I have had no NC/NSs, though I have about 4 call outs on record from my 9 months there (From a nasty bug I caught twice..)

It really varies from store to store and whatever the Execs/Store Lead have out. The "official" rule for ours is that call outs can't exceed 5% your total attendance (Meaning for every 100 days you've worked you can't exceed 5 call outs, if I recall). Though if there is a "trend" of them, there is usually some sort of action taken.

Again, varies from store to store.

Maybe this has already answered, but why would anyone have a NCNS? I mean like, a NCNS is super easy to avoid, right? I read through the first few pages about people having multiple ones. Why wouldn't you call out?

Also, how does a conversation typically go when you call out? Whenever I'm sick, I still feel really guilty and insincere saying "I'm sick" when they ask why I'm calling out. I actually want to call out today for sickly reasons, and it's triggering my anxiety gathering myself to call. (Silly, I know)

I can't answer your question regarding NCNS because I think that's terribly irresponsible. As for calling in - I had to call out once because I was sick. I called, asked for the LOD and told him that I wouldn't be in because I was under the weather. He said okay, told me he'd let my TL know and that was that.

Also, how does a conversation typically go when you call out? Whenever I'm sick, I still feel really guilty and insincere saying "I'm sick" when they ask why I'm calling out. I actually want to call out today for sickly reasons, and it's triggering my anxiety gathering myself to call. (Silly, I know)
Call in ! I went in sick 2 days last week and i felt like i was stuck in the movie Midnight Express. I understand your anxiety and resoect your work ethic.
Btw, what the hell kind of person does a NCNS? Jiminy Christmas

Maybe this has already answered, but why would anyone have a NCNS? I mean like, a NCNS is super easy to avoid, right? I read through the first few pages about people having multiple ones. Why wouldn't you call out?
I overslept through the first 5 hours of an 8 hour shift once. I don't remember if I got NCNS'd cause I did call when I woke up.

I can't answer your question regarding NCNS because I think that's terribly irresponsible. As for calling in - I had to call out once because I was sick. I called, asked for the LOD and told him that I wouldn't be in because I was under the weather. He said okay, told me he'd let my TL know and that was that.

Same, I've never had a NCNS. To be fair though, my schedule is pretty much exactly the same ever single week.

Anyway, I did call out. Slept all day. Totally worth it. The LODs are always very understanding, it's completely irrational why it makes me so nervous. Haha.

hi guys, so im new to target, ive been there for about a month. I wanted to know if it was possible to not request the day off but request the time that I work that day. Im attending a concert at night so can I just ask for the morning shift or is there a longer process I have to go through??

hi guys, so im new to target, ive been there for about a month. I wanted to know if it was possible to not request the day off but request the time that I work that day. Im attending a concert at night so can I just ask for the morning shift or is there a longer process I have to go through??
Your supposed to wait till after your ninety days.

Back