I'm Lost! The Call In/Sick/Late/NCNS/Attendance Thread

I felt super bad calling in today I woke up and my eye was all itchy and red and I knew I had pink eye. I've called in 3 times this year and now this is my fourth ( thanks pink eye) I know the ETLS hate absences and I am really scared of them saying something but I really do have legitimate excuses and I feel bad for calling off......

I felt super bad calling in today I woke up and my eye was all itchy and red and I knew I had pink eye. I've called in 3 times this year and now this is my fourth ( thanks pink eye) I know the ETLS hate absences and I am really scared of them saying something but I really do have legitimate excuses and I feel bad for calling off......

If they were super annoying about it, you could've gone in and been like "hey, does my eye look ok to you? It feels all weird and itchy."

Ugh now I'm worried about my job. I called in Saturday and Sunday due to being sick. On my way in today, almost to work, husband calls and says his mom may be having a stroke. I went to hr and talked to them. She told me to leave. But dang.

I went to the Minute clinic today thinking maybe just maybe I can get some eye drops for today and possibly work tonight and they told me I'd have to be off for at least another 2 days ( just to be safe) I called up the etl and said I'd be out for another 2 days and they didn't say anything other than we will mark you down.. You know what bothers me the most?? I could call 6 days in row ( no I'm not doing that) and the etls would start getting upset or saying something about absences but if certain team members ncns don't show up for days call off all the time oh that's okay but I call off over my pink eye seem upset explain that one??

I went to the Minute clinic today thinking maybe just maybe I can get some eye drops for today and possibly work tonight and they told me I'd have to be off for at least another 2 days ( just to be safe) I called up the etl and said I'd be out for another 2 days and they didn't say anything other than we will mark you down.. You know what bothers me the most?? I could call 6 days in row ( no I'm not doing that) and the etls would start getting upset or saying something about absences but if certain team members ncns don't show up for days call off all the time oh that's okay but I call off over my pink eye seem upset explain that one??
I would just bring in the doctor's note and cover your bases. That's ridiculous.

I definitely will. It's crazy how much favoritism goes on at my place or shall I say how say how much people get by with stuff and they aren't fired yet.

Comparing working at Target to a REAL job is insulting. I work a good job in addition to Target. They don't even compare. I won't call off my good job unless I'm dead. I won't hesitate to call off Target if I'm sick. The difference? My good job pays almost 6 times as much as Target. As to why I'm working at Target? Hours at my other job are hand in hand with the economy, more so than my hours at Target which are tied to consumer spending. consumers are a hell of a lot less fickle than investors and businessmen. That's beside the point.

Don't expect much out of people that you pay just over minimum wage. There's no such thing as "A job is a job". You get what you pay for, and Target is ain't paying for ************.
If you work hard you can move up in target. I started out as a seasonal TM and in the almost 3 years ive worked here ive been a brand manager and now im a TL. Truth of the matter is i make more than most people my age with a college degree just by working at target. Hard work pays off. Retail is not horrible, it has its days but all jobs are going to be tough sometimes.

UGH.

Does anybody here have a problem with too many hours? I swear I guess I'm loved but this is excessive. Should I tell my TL I don't want so many hours? My ETL? I just have a lot going on and I don't need 38 hours...

Dang yall are worried over missing a few days, I was on an LOA due to back issues for 1 Year and a few days. Had surgery and am back at work now. Crazy how it can vary so much!

UGH.

Does anybody here have a problem with too many hours? I swear I guess I'm loved but this is excessive. Should I tell my TL I don't want so many hours? My ETL? I just have a lot going on and I don't need 38 hours...

I talked to people to reduce my hours but it didn't matter. I get scheduled for far more hours than I said I wanted when I was hired. One guy at my store was getting too many and even though he complained, it didn't stop. One day, he told the GSTL he was leaving for his break....and never came back.

I talked to people to reduce my hours but it didn't matter. I get scheduled for far more hours than I said I wanted when I was hired. One guy at my store was getting too many and even though he complained, it didn't stop. One day, he told the GSTL he was leaving for his break....and never came back.

What is your max. hours for each week? If you get scheduled for more than what you have in eHr, ask your TL which days they prefer you work as the rest are beyond the number hours that you're available and won't be able to work them.

What is your max. hours for each week? If you get scheduled for more than what you have in eHr, ask your TL which days they prefer you work as the rest are beyond the number hours that you're available and won't be able to work them.

Originally, I said 15 bc I have another full-time job. That quickly shot up to 20, which is fine bc the bulk of those hours are on Sat/Sun. But then I have weeks where I get 28-30 and that's just brutal for me esp since I can only do closing shifts during the week.

Originally, I said 15 bc I have another full-time job. That quickly shot up to 20, which is fine bc the bulk of those hours are on Sat/Sun. But then I have weeks where I get 28-30 and that's just brutal for me esp since I can only do closing shifts during the week.

That happened to one of my fellow TMs, but she just kept putting up with it.

Just tell them, you can work up to the 15 hrs you have in the system. Don't let them make it your responsibility to get someone to cover for you. They messes up in scheduling, not you!

I suffer from chronic migraines and chronic depression. Of course this was not brought up in my interview. If I'm having trouble with one of these is it best to tell the truth when calling in? Or make up a "stomach bug" sort of lie? I lean towards the truth because I hate lying. But I don't want my team to think this is going to be an every day thing because it's chronic. I have no idea when it's going to flair up.

I suffer from chronic migraines and chronic depression. Of course this was not brought up in my interview. If I'm having trouble with one of these is it best to tell the truth when calling in? Or make up a "stomach bug" sort of lie? I lean towards the truth because I hate lying. But I don't want my team to think this is going to be an every day thing because it's chronic. I have no idea when it's going to flair up.

You're dealing with a legal disability.
Technically they need to offer you a certain amount of accommodation for that disability.
All you have to do is go in and talk to the HR TL with the medical information.
Explain what your situation is and that it won't keep you from working but there might be down times.
If you need to fill out ADA paperwork, do it.
Don't let them pressure you, stand your ground, you are doing them the solid by working with them on this issue.

Okay so I picked up a shift yesterday. ETL came up to me and asked if I was working tomorrow [today now] and I said no. And she asked if I want a shift and I said depends on what it is. And she said closing, and what do I wanna do. So I picked closing hardlines and she was like awesome so 7pm to closing good? I was like yeah and we fist bumped and that was that.

So the online schedule still says I have no shift today, and every time I've picked up a shift it's been added in. So, if my name isn't there on the grid, am I technically still off? Should I call the store, ask them if I'm on the grid, and if I'm not, just don't say anything about picking up the shift and see what happens? Should I ask if that ETL is there and confirm the shift? My mom wants to go to Little Tokyo today but since I picked up the shift.... OTL

If I put a shift on the swap shift board two weeks in advance and no one takes it can I still get in trouble for calling out for that shift? It was scheduled against my availability and they just told me to put it on the swap shift board.

If I put a shift on the swap shift board two weeks in advance and no one takes it can I still get in trouble for calling out for that shift? It was scheduled against my availability and they just told me to put it on the swap shift board.
You are still responsible for the shift if no one takes it. Calling out for it will be the same as calling out for any other shift.

It sounds like your leadership duped you. If you were scheduled outside of your availability then you should have informed your ETL, ETL-HR and/or STL the shift was outside your availability the moment it was posted. It is then on the leadership team to amend the schedule. Putting the shift on the swap shift board still leaves it your responsibility.

Back