I'm Lost! The Call In/Sick/Late/NCNS/Attendance Thread

I don't usually call off, so if I do, it's like "omg, he called off, I wonder if he alright". Reasons for doing so DO NOT need to be stated, just a simple "I'm calling off today" is enough. I mean, if you don't feel good enough to do your shift effectively, then call off (if you can afford it).

Call off as soon as possible. I won't tell you two hours ahead of schedule, especially if you work mornings, NOBODY'S THERE!!

In nearly 10 yrs, I've called out 5 times - mostly sick kids or family taken to hospital. I've come in looking like he11 & slugged it out.

i would go in and leave early if i were you... it always looks better if you at least give working a shot wile sick...

Our store is really big on if you are feeling sick, please don't come in. I'm sure it would "look" better for you to come in and leave early, but for the sake of your entire team, please stay home and get well. The last thing you want to do is spread around what you have. You're most contagious within the first few days you're sick.

Our store is really big on if you are feeling sick, please don't come in. I'm sure it would "look" better for you to come in and leave early, but for the sake of your entire team, please stay home and get well. The last thing you want to do is spread around what you have. You're most contagious within the first few days you're sick.

this is probably why half of our team all get sick at the same time.. lol...

If you don't call in to call off for two hours before your shift, our store considers it a NCNS.
We have an overnight team that comes in at 3am and our store closers leave at 10:30pm. So for most of the day there is an LOD that you can call and talk to.

BTW if you are running late, or might be late (more than 6 or 7 minutes) it is wise (in my store) to call and tell the LOD that you are going to be late.

think about what you would get paid that day. would you be willing to pay that to stay home? that was always my threshold.

again... half the team is sick again including myself... its terrible... i think im the only one that went in that was actually sick though.. the others all called out... i think i must have jinxed myself wile writing that first reply :(

Seeee ... haha

I'm starting to notice everyone with the coughs and sniffles. I run the other way. I do not wish to get sick this year!

That's because Corporate America doesn't offer Sick Pay until the 3rd day out, and in some cases 7 days out!
Seeee ... haha

I'm starting to notice everyone with the coughs and sniffles. I run the other way. I do not wish to get sick this year!

I've called off once in my entire time with Spot and that was because hubby was rushed to the hospital (he was fine, it was a false alarm). I'm the type to at least try to make it through the day, regardless of how crappy I feel. I was sent home once after only being at work about 45 minutes because I almost passed out after almost vomiting on the counter....although I'm not sure sending me home at that point was the brightest thing my ETL has ever done considering I had to pull over three times on the way home (a 10 minute drive) :bad:

There's another tech, however, who calls off or leaves early probably about once a week. I honestly don't know how she still has a job. She came in late one day a little while ago and announced (not asked, TOLD the RPh on duty) that she wasn't going to take lunch that day because she wasn't feeling well and she was leaving early :huh:

Last edited:
I had to call off for the first time . Ive had perfect attendance always shown up never late. But I couldnt come to work. Ive been having some problems this week that I couldn't come to work because of some health so I need the next two days off. *One is my off day* I hate to have to do it but how does calling off/sick effect us in the long run.?

We don't get like...sick days. If you have great attendance, come to work ON TIME, and don't call in regularly then you are probably legitimately sick. Leadership understands. The TM's that call in sick once a week, that is a different story. In no way does one sick day have any negative effect in the long run.

yeah - dude - like that is all I heard about when I was in training. So and so is this and that, except in California. All rules are different in California - is it cause of the earthquakes or the surfer dudes?

NY and NJ have sick days, it accumulates at the same rate as holiday hours, and you don't need a big excuse to use them.

OverniteBackroom

As the title says ive had 3NCNS on 3 separate occasions.

The Rundown:
1st no call no show i was drugged up (medical) and slept for +16hours and well over my shift.
DisciplinaryAction: I was written up.

2nd no call no show was apparently 6 months since the first, and my car broke down in the middle of nowhere cause i took the backroads cause i was coming from out of town, a 45min drive. I tried calling the store, texting coworkers, and texted my gf about my situation and she called in for me an hour after my shift (it took some time for my textmsgs to get across)
DisciplinaryAction: My TL spoke to HR and since it was 6 months to previous it was back to step one; write up.

3rd no call no show (last night): I charged my phone, and set my alarm. I woke up and my alarm said 12:00am, i was relieved (dont start till 330), but then i realized that it was blinking on and off signaling a power outage. I woke up and it was actually 630. I was 3 hours late. (Last night was daylight saving, so i would have actually been 2hours late), I called in 2hoursand1min after my scheduled shift and spoke to my boss, overnight etl and explained to the situation. He didnt seem as frustrated as i thought he would have, and he said hesitantly as if he knew daylightsavings went against me "well, its past the two hour mark, i'll catch up to you later etc", but regardless i knew that it was a very unprofessional thing to do.

Ive been working backroom for well over a year, and ive seen people come and go in this department. I used to have a very bad reliability issue, but i matured up and came to work, to work. I show respect to all my higher-ups, while being FFF, but i know business is business, and im ready to face my consequences (i've applied at walmart just incase ahahaha).

But i wonder what will happen now?

Yea technically it would be a term... at my store though it would be a "well just try not to do that again ok?" I swear no one gets fired for anything at my store.

Back