I'm Lost! The Call In/Sick/Late/NCNS/Attendance Thread

Retail Girl, if you don't tell anyone, they'll never find out. They're likely pulling the info for the attendance contests from the attendance reports, and like others here have said, 1 minute late won't show up. The only way they'll notice is if they go through your timesheet, look at every shift, compare it to when your scheduled start time was, and catch it then. But they're not going to do that, because it would take forever. I would say you're completely in the clear B)

The HR-ETL stopped me today and asked me if I was still in the contest. I explained to her I wasn't sure and told what happened. She said there's a three minute window, so I'm fine there.

I'm glad being one minute late won't ruin me....I just hope it doesn't happen again!

Retail Girl, if you don't tell anyone, they'll never find out. They're likely pulling the info for the attendance contests from the attendance reports, and like others here have said, 1 minute late won't show up. The only way they'll notice is if they go through your timesheet, look at every shift, compare it to when your scheduled start time was, and catch it then. But they're not going to do that, because it would take forever. I would say you're completely in the clear B)

I had a few TM's that always did this when I wasn't there. Now I have HR pull attendance monthly...you'd be surprised...

I had a few TM's that always did this when I wasn't there. Now I have HR pull attendance monthly...you'd be surprised...

Agreed, you'd be surprised what shows up on attendance reports... everything from punching in late to coming back late from your lunch. Lots of useful info......

FYI: Target has a "no harassment policy" when it comes to TM's calling in. The LOD is in no way supposed to make you feel guilty or as if there will be consequences for calling in. Frankly, you are not even required to give them a reason as long as you inform them you will not be there for your scheduled shift.
Now with that being said, one should really consider their co-workers they affect when doing so. See, I work Instocks, and I know that when just one person on my team calls in, that day is very rough to say the least. So don't just call in if you are feeling tired that day. But don't ever feel intimidated by the LOD while calling in because they are not allowed to hassle you about it and they know it.

I just wanted to know what the penalty was for calling in "sick" or whatever excuse they may have too many times. I ask because we have this new guy who has called in 2 times now..and he's been there less than 2 weeks. If he were sick, you'd think it would have been consecutive. But he called in first week, and then again this week.

Does it usually fall on a day where the weather is nice? Or after a certain night of the week?
Patterns can reveal a lot....
We have a cashier who seems to call out every other weekend. Half her family has been maimed/injured in horrific accidents & the other half have passed away while out of town.

Does it usually fall on a day where the weather is nice? Or after a certain night of the week?
We have a cashier who seems to call out every other weekend. Half her family has been maimed/injured in horrific accidents & the other half have passed away while out of town.

She must have a big family! :wacko:

I thought the rule was, short of your own death, you can't call out during your 90 days and still have a job after that.

How many grandmothers does she have???

You can be termed for pretty much anything before the 90 days. I would say that two call outs in a month would be worthy of termination. However, things do happen and I think one time could just be bad timing.

You can be termed for pretty much anything before the 90 days. I would say that two call outs in a month would be worthy of termination. However, things do happen and I think one time could just be bad timing.

In our store, you'd have to knee the STL square in the balls/vagina to be termed during your 90 days. NOW, be a tenured team member and forget to cross a t, dot an i, or wipe your butt, and you are outta there before you know it's coming. Don't get me wrong, our store is actually a very homey, very loving environment. But team members seem to be termed for the strangest, pettiest things, while the crapbags drag the store down for years.

I recently took a vacation Aug 7-21st. We have tons of people that were taking vacations during this time as well. My dates got approved, but I saw that I was scheduled Aug 15-19th during the time I'd be out of state. That got fixed by my HR. I told them I was flying in late Saturday(19th) and that I'd like to return to work Monday as apposed to Wednesday.

Long story short, I go in Sunday around noon to see what time I start Monday for work and see that I was scheduled 4am-12 that day (I never work Sundays). I approached my STL who knew I'd be returning Monday and he said not to worry we'll talk later about it. I ran it by my HR out of curiosity because I don't want that coming back at me once I get my next review.

If I'm approved for vacation till a certain date and made clear I wasn't returning till Monday, hows the NCNS my fault? I understand I could have checked my scheduled week sooner, but they scheduled me 4am-12 in a position I am not trained in on a day thats not in my availability. And my HR still saying it's a NCNS.. Can I fight this?

It depends on how you entered it on max. Years ago, I screwed up on my dates too. Got it fixed & wasn't penalized. In your case, did you enter it on max from aug 7 to aug 21 on one request? If so, that's the issue. Print out the approval from your mailbox, as proof to hr.
Next time, if you are taking time off, it is highly suggested to do in multi requests. For ex: aug 7 to aug 11 on the 1st request. Aug 12 to aug 18 for the 2nd request. Aug 19 to the aug 21 for the third request.
That way it keeps it separate, makes it easier for vacation pay to be used, & ensure that you don't work the day after you come back from vacation.

Back