Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

this morning for the unload we had

- no vehicles to put shit on because they were lined up in the backroom with backstock on them
- 500 cases of Trim-A-Tree transition (TRIGGERED)
- several cases of decorative Halloween tombstones that say "Rest in Pieces" (poignant af)

😂🔫

- no vehicles to put shit on because they were lined up in the backroom with backstock on them
- several cases of decorative Halloween tombstones that say "Rest in Pieces" (poignant af)

😂🔫
Did you end up using pallets or did you just have to keep stopping the unload to push vehicles then re start the unload when you emptied the vehicles you did find

😂🔫
No vehicles go to the backroom and get parked. We empty them onto black pallets lined up in the backroom by area.

2100 piece truck took 5 and a half hours to unload. Our Receiver has had it, he's tired of having to stop the unload to break the line for vendors. He's also had it with the unload TMs being slow AF.

I'd love to do that in our backroom, but we don't have much space in the main aisle. Parking pallets there means we wouldn't be able to move the Crown through to put pallets up/take pallets down.

So it's vehicle city.
That sucks. Our crown is never in light duty. Our pallets are in the steel on bulk side.

Did you end up using pallets or did you just have to keep stopping the unload to push vehicles then re start the unload when you emptied the vehicles you did find

Stacked the overflow on the floor under and beside the line. Only 4 empty pallets when we started, the rest are wrapped Halloween/Fall transition up in the steel. After the unload was done we bowled the vehicles and brought them back for what was on the floor. Took less time than I expected but still gross.

Any store out there still use carpet strips under their wooden pallets on the sales floor? I'm just wondering because the store I'm at ran out and had to use cardboard strips before staging the wooden pallets on the floor. PMT was dumbfounded and confused as to why we ran out...LOL! There was at least 30 pallets lined up along the TV wall in electronics and down aisles in sporting goods. It's been a rough month with this new unload. Team members are drowning in freight. Pallets of transition, vehicles full of push and backstock. There seems to be no end in sight. Spot needs to really re-evaluate that maybe this process should have happened gradually. Anyone else having similar issues?

We have never used carpet, just cardboard under the pallets. We also had numerous pallets on the sales floor for most of the day...Halloween push and transition we have no place to put due to losing steel space for SFS supplies and the new BR setup for the unload. Ironically this new unload was supposed to make it easier for the guest by not having freight all over the floor all day and now I think we have more on the floor than ever before

go into work on Monday to 18 pallets of softlines because there was a double on my day off. and by pallets i mean about 4 actual pallets and the rest on the floor for me to clean up. im burned out already and it's only September, nice.

We have never used carpet, just cardboard under the pallets. We also had numerous pallets on the sales floor for most of the day...Halloween push and transition we have no place to put due to losing steel space for SFS supplies and the new BR setup for the unload. Ironically this new unload was supposed to make it easier for the guest by not having freight all over the floor all day and now I think we have more on the floor than ever before

We now have piles of cardboard and trash on the floor instead of in cages. Lolololololol.

How many others have this same problem? We start the unload and after a 1/2 hour or so our TL sends everybody off the line to push. I come back after working a cart and am told to stay on the line. Now its just TL on one side and me on the other plus the TM throwing the truck. The TL then complains about how slow the unload is going. Unload isn't complete til 11:30. Again the TL complains about unload time. I just keep thinking to myself what an f'in idiot. Why pull the unload team off if you want it done quicker.

How many others have this same problem? We start the unload and after a 1/2 hour or so our TL sends everybody off the line to push. I come back after working a cart and am told to stay on the line. Now its just TL on one side and me on the other plus the TM throwing the truck. The TL then complains about how slow the unload is going. Unload isn't complete til 11:30. Again the TL complains about unload time. I just keep thinking to myself what an f'in idiot. Why pull the unload team off if you want it done quicker.

He *is* a fucking idiot, mate. Rest assured that he probably won't be around much longer. The longest unload time we've had was just under 3 hours and that's happened only once. 11:30 is fucking UNREAL.

A smart TL would have there best unloaders
Stay with the truck the whole time unless there just really short on vehicles and have there best pushers show up a 1hr or so after the unloaders to start clearing vehicles. Then have the rest of the team show up for last shift to join up with the rest of the team to finish the push.
This if your store is doing the 3 shift thing

We start with 5 unloaders and then poof they are all gone except me and the TL and the truck thrower and then im sent away. We start unload at 6AM and the second team doesn't come in until 9 AM. Funny thing is last Friday when our TL was off we were unloaded by 10AM. (It was a 3 3/4 hour unload as we were sent on break at 8:30). I think our TL is setting us up for failure.

I was doing boxes today. A couple rows down two team members were in the same row with their U boats. The whole time they were stocking they were talking. Non stop, no lie. Talking about everything. Personal and work related. With customers all around. I think there is a time and place for employees to talk like that, on break or lunch. Couldnt one of them do another row? I finished my u boat which had about the same amount of theirs it looked like . 40 minutes later they were done.
What's your opinion on this ? Am I being to critical?

I would have broke them apart. We were told it's one TM per uboat and 1 uboat per aisle valley (or whatever you call that space between 2 aisles facing each other). So if TM 1 is pushing a uboat for G23, the other TM cannot push the uboat for G24 as there will be 2 uboats in a aisle space otherwise... too crowded. Same goes if there are 2 TMs working on the same uboat. One of them will have to go and push something else. Believe me, I have seen the same thing with TMs helping each other. It’s their belief that it’ll be faster that way. That can be true for some TMs but that is not often the case with most TMs.

Last edited:
Our ETL was like that. When she went on vacation our work center ran like clockwork. The rest of the time, not so much.🙄
Same here. My STL and ETL are both gone and it’s been running smooth outside of getting hammered with transition and also going thru remodel. Had anyone else done a remodel at their store? My store has started working on every single section of the entire store and has finished just one spot. After 2 months it’s really driving my nuts. With the more e2e approach we backstock select areas of the store now, and br now refuses to backstock those tubs and do way less than their useless selfs ever have. My ETL just keeps telling me to implement new things that are seeming coming from corporate that just make no sense. Also failing to mention that 4 TLs have left of been fired in Logistics and I have been the only one promoted to TL. So with my ETL gone he just tells me to watch over 3 of the 4 departments and the 4th comes to me anyway. Hardest part about the remodel too is that set items are coming in as NOP. So the come in under the custom block for beds and furniture. I asked my ETL for help and he just told me to suck it up

Back