Archived The great GSA pay debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be slightly less than TL pay. I believe GSTL starts at N13, so GSA should be N11. It's the same position as GSTL minus coaching and BS paperwork.

I stand corrected.
For what they demand since I left front end, that's just sad.

I think it's N09 here, but not 100% certain of that.

Just guessing by this:

uXk5sIr.png

I was GSTM till early December, so unless paygrade updated but payrate and job title didn't I was N07 as a GSTM, so must be above that as a GSA.

I stand corrected.
For what they demand since I left front end, that's just sad.
I was saying what it should be based on the amount of work they do. Their paygrade is N07, which is far too low for what they do (+.50 or +1.00 above base depending on store). Since they are basically GSTLs without coaching, they should be only slightly below GSTL (N13) which would be N11. If only we lived in a world that made sense with a company that cared even a little.

Alright...most people here would agree that 50 cents above the cashiers for all the headaches of a GSA is simply laughable. I had a SrTL ask me earlier this week why in the world I would do it. Who the hell knows.

Earlier this summer, while my ETL was throwing the "leader in the building" term around at me, he mentioned, "and I assume you are compensated for it." To which I didn't say much...so I'm not sure he's aware of the pay scale, either.

Anyway, last night a couple of people here in chat said there was a Redwire out about GSA's going to $1.00 over base. Fabulous. Not enough, but a step in the right direction. Here's the problem. If that's true, that means that I am now 9 cents above someone starting as a brand new GSA...new to the store, can't make a decision on their own and the LODs surely couldn't leave alone to run the front end in peace. So I know corporate doesn't give a care.

I'm planning on going in a bit early so I can search on Redwire and see if this is true (anyone else able to confirm this?). If it is true, is it worth pointing out to my ETL? I know he can't fix the compensation issue, but I'd like to think I'm worth a bit more consideration than being treated as the dirt under the LOD's shoes.

I dunno. Thoughts?
its really like sr tl is to etl. sr tl gets a buck more an hour and gets the same constraints as the hourly team members with the responsibilities of the etl's.

GSA really should be N09. I'm insulted that the TPS makes $.50 more than me just to stand around the vast majority of his shift, complaining about how bored he is.

Would love for corp. to change it but .50 extra an hour for every GSA adds up!

GSA really should be N09. I'm insulted that the TPS makes $.50 more than me just to stand around the vast majority of his shift, complaining about how bored he is.

TPS' save the company on average $23,745.85 per year each so I guess that's why there is a deferential..at least that's what the TPS at my store told me

GSAs should get more pay, but I don't think you should be insulted that TPS is a higher pay grade. If you screw up you may get coached, if a TPS screws up they may get fired because their mistake could lead to a lawsuit.

There is a rumor going around in my store that all gsas will be getting an extra 50 cents soon. Can anyone confirm this? Or is it another lie from leadership.

There is a rumor going around in my store that all gsas will be getting an extra 50 cents soon. Can anyone confirm this? Or is it another lie from leadership.

Is it really a lie from leadership if team members are spreading what you even admit is a rumor? Or do you think that "leadership" sits around coming up with rumors to leak just to keep team member's temporarily happy, while ignoring the inevitable backlash as these rumors turn out to be false?

Is it really a lie from leadership if team members are spreading what you even admit is a rumor? Or do you think that "leadership" sits around coming up with rumors to leak just to keep team member's temporarily happy, while ignoring the inevitable backlash as these rumors turn out to be false?
It was told to another gsa by a gstl, not to me directly that's why I called it a rumor. I asked if it was a lie by leadership since it was told by a leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back