Archived The official I hate my boss thread

• Thread starter Barcode
  • Start date
  • Replies 115
  • Views 21K
Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one ETL that hides in the office: none of the other ETL's do that so why do you get away with it? I really could have used your help yesterday but you were no where to be found. Sadly it was no surprise.

I have a boss who won't shut up about not getting redcards and threatens us that we'll get terminated if we don't get anymore. I talked to HR and she says that as long as she's working at my store, I won't be going anywhere. She sees me work hard.

I dont hate my ETL or any of the ETLs in my current store. I only wish they would mature a bit. You can have fun at work, however you still need to act professional and get the job done. They should not be on Facebook with any team member or TL. But there are some that are really good friends with TLs and team members. There are quite a few of the older team members that feel the relationships that have formed are causing favoritism and I have to say I agree to some degree. During a visit I want them to challenge the DTL when necessary and not nod and smile blankly like they are listening to the word of God. They should be the role models in the store. If they are scheduled at 7am, they should be there at 6:55 not 7:30. They should dress appropriately. No tight (really tight) pants and low low cut tops. Get your hair out of pigtails, you are not in kindergarten. Take off the Nike tennis shoes. Lastly if they get a phone call alerting them to a visit, STAY FRICKING CALM. If you are running the store the way it should be run there should be no hysteria. You should be visit ready at all times.

No sneakers? Maybe I should take this more seriously, but sometimes they're running around and such. Wearing a good pair of loafers when you might have to do a little dirty work just seems crazy to me. I don't think wearing sneakers automatically makes someone look not "presentable" either, but maybe people from different regions and age groups feel differently about it?

I do think running sneakers look bad with everything that isn't gym-wear.

You can take my freedom but you're not taking my Nikes. I guess it's because I see my STL walking around in chucks I find that kind of ridiculous...

Nikes? Why not? We ARE on our feet all day ( well, assuming we all doing our jobs we are...)

Painted-on khakis and red tops that were either bought from a clubwear boutique or dragged from the depths of your dirty laundry pile?

well, if you insist...

However, it's not usually deemed very professional, and if I see you like that I don't necessarily respect you any less, HOWEVER, I DO think it quite silly if you then literally turn up your nose at my attire at work ( at my hourly wage I can't afford new tops, new pants, new shoes AND to redo my roots all in one pay period!!! )

( !!! )

ETLS imo should dress professionally.They get paid enough to look like it. Hourly team members should be clean and hole free! Until Target pays a living wage to its hourly team members thats about all I ask. Same way with shoes. ETLs should not wear sneakers. They can afford it and should dress for the position they hold. Me? I wear Keen its the only thing my feet can take.

My ETLs just recently got told that they could wear tennis shoes. They were super excited about that since they are now expected to be out on the floor busting their butt along with the rest of the team (which as a whole, they were the opposite of super excited about).

I hate that I go to my boss to talk about an issue and even though hes great and listen's..nothing is ever done.

Things I discovered as a boss;
fixing things takes twice as long as you want it to and if it's important even longer.
people above you don't care about fixing things unless it effects the bottom line (but you'd better be willing to jump through hoops to prove it).
people below you don't care about fixing things unless it makes their job easier or more difficult (but you better be willing to jump through hoops to prove it).

ETLS imo should dress professionally.They get paid enough to look like it. Hourly team members should be clean and hole free! Until Target pays a living wage to its hourly team members thats about all I ask. Same way with shoes. ETLs should not wear sneakers. They can afford it and should dress for the position they hold. Me? I wear Keen its the only thing my feet can take.

My sneakers cost more than the dress shoes of a lot of people I know lol so being able to afford it doesn't really say anything. We have some nice shoes in-store for under $40. But, I personally don't think that a sneaker automatically makes someone look unprofessional. And I think that "professional" takes on a different meaning when you're working retail and on your feet for a good portion of the day.

Most of my ETLs wear shoes that are kind of dressy-ish sneaker... like this:
316088.jpg

Another wears a boat shoe.
I do wish they were better at picking their pants, though. This is nit-picky, but my ETLs wear such poor-fitting pants that don't flatter them and it makes them look less put-together and more "I guess I'll just wear these since they're khaki, even though I can't fit them."

For the most part, I don't hate any of my bosses, though. I do wish my ETL-SLs were more attentive to my availability, though. They both know I take the bus. I tried to communicate that my availability is based on when I will have transportation, but they don't seem to care.

I despise my boss, and I hope she gets fired when the other TLs realise how much she's hated by pretty much every single team member because she's such a demanding bitch, and gets pissy with us for not refusing to listen to other leads and follow only her orders.

Get your hair out of pigtails, you are not in kindergarten.

Were you the one that wrote that (make-believe) letter to all your bosses in a thread on the old board about your STL coming up to a guest and being professional while wearing pigtails? Ha, would die to see that again!

The STL at my old store quit today after 9 years with Target. Is anyone up there listening?

Our ETL-GE believes in the top-down philosophy. She only has to talk to the GSTL, and then the GSTL will talk to the GSAs. The GSTLs/GSAs will then talk to the cashiers. I, personally, haven't heard more than a "Hi" from her in the past 2 months. No, I'm not exaggerating at all.

Hmm, I'm trying to decide if your relationship with the ETL-GE is worse than mine is. I'd be more sure if I even know who the ETL-GE is. That's probably something I should know after being a GSTM for 7 months, but the only ETL that ever speaks to me is the ETL-HR, and she speaks to me on a daily basis, usually to ask me to do her favors, or ask me how to do various things, since she just started working here, and whenever she attempts to help at the service desk she is more likely to serve as comedic relief than be of any actual help. She's cute, and bubbly, but I think that's about all she has going for her that I've witnessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back